Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by winchester70
Originally Posted by BWalker
The model 70 classic triggers where made out of cheap mim'ed parts and felt like crap from the factory. If you had a good smith work them over you could get them to be reliable at around three lbs of pull weight but no lower IME. As far as I am concerned they were not that great and I always ran a Jewell on my Classics set to 1lb.
The new MOA trigger when sprung right is an improvement. The guys saying otherwise are mostly speculating in regards to enclosed triggers fouling up in rough conditions. This hasnt been my expierance and I have hunted in pretty nasty conditions for many years.

To each their own.

I'm staying with the one with 70 years of track record.

You must have got all 6 or 11 or 23 of the rough ones they made from 1936-2006.

You cant compare the classic action with the pre 64. And all pre 64's arent equal... if you search BobinNH posts you will see he came to the same conclusion.

GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by BWalker
The model 70 classic triggers where made out of cheap mim'ed parts and felt like crap from the factory. If you had a good smith work them over you could get them to be reliable at around three lbs of pull weight but no lower IME. As far as I am concerned they were not that great and I always ran a Jewell on my Classics set to 1lb.
The new MOA trigger when sprung right is an improvement. The guys saying otherwise are mostly speculating in regards to enclosed triggers fouling up in rough conditions. This hasnt been my expierance and I have hunted in pretty nasty conditions for many years.

To each their own.

I'm staying with the one with 70 years of track record.

You must have got all 6 or 11 or 23 of the rough ones they made from 1936-2006.

He must have piss poor luck. Every classic I've owned has been very good.

Its not been just a few, but many. I am guessing over a dozen. And many were the five digit models.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I had very few in Classics that did not have an issue or two or three. A for instance, bolt is splined for the handle, the handle was indexed wrong and not secure(ie brazed) on a 300 mag, back to Baco in Missouri and it was fixed. Bedding via hot glue gun , notches on floorplates not ground correctly so the floorplate sat cocked off to the left or right. Most shot well after a little work .

I believe BobinNH called Classics a project in a box or something to that effect.

I have not seen that on Pre64's and certainly not on the Baco guns . I have not handled a Portugese gun.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Be patient and find a like new made in USA 1990's Classic. Best hunting trigger ever made. Thank me later.

Model 70's have been made on true short actions since 1985.

Bingo! I had one in 30/06. That was a real Honey. The old open trigger was,and still is,the best ever mounted on a M70.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

67 members (35, 308ld, 14idaho, 3dtestify, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 12 invisible), 1,855 guests, and 809 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,728
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.