-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Every time we go to Walley World, it’s 200.00 gone.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by hanco
Every time we go to Walley World, it’s 200.00 gone.

$200...?

Hell that ain't nothing. Come with me to Costco and I'll show you how to turn $200 gone into $700 gone.

Either way you'll fill a suburban and be left with a stack of empty cardboard boxes. 😀

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
If you are going to Walley World, you got to get up early. That’s the only way to beat the Gimmie Dats. You see trashy people out the ass in the Walmart’s around here.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Our Walmart's sell firearms, just not AR's

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hanco
If you are going to Walley World, you got to get up early. That’s the only way to beat the Gimmie Dats. You see trashy people out the ass in the Walmart’s around here.

That must be a Texas thing.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thing is, here in Arkansas, if you don't shop at walmart, you either do without, spend a lot of gas looking for stuff, or order on line. Lots of other stores, that have little that I want or need. I do not know how they stay in business. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by milespatton
The one in Lonoke, Arkansas has gone back to selling guns. If I recall correctly, they quit in the mid 1980's. Sometime in the last couple of weeks, they have put a gun rack in the sporting goods area and the guns are back. miles

It's the store manager's call. When our local WalMart was managed by a personal friend, he ramped the sporting goods to the best I've ever seen. When he left, it became a mere shadow of its former self.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by milespatton
Thing is, here in Arkansas, if you don't shop at walmart, you either do without, spend a lot of gas looking for stuff, or order on line. Lots of other stores, that have little that I want or need. I do not know how they stay in business. miles

That's what people hate about WalMart, putting the little man out of business.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The little man put himself out of business. Around here at least. They quit carrying what you want to buy and stock up on what they want to sell. If you want something different, they will order it for you. Hell, I can order it. I used to try to buy local, but you can't do it. Even the new Tractor dealers, have no parts in stock, including bearings. The old ones have some stuff, maybe left over old stock. The new model that they learn in collage, does not work for small town America. Maybe for big business, I don't know. Mom and Pop went out of business when JR. took over. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
We have a relatively new super center here. They've sold guns since day 1.

They just announced a new service that they're remodeling for - online grocery sales. You go online and order what you want and set a pickup time. They will put together your order and it'll be waiting for you when you arrive. They'll even load it for you. No extra charge. I can see that appealing to people on the run or who don't want to cart 3 small kids around in a store. It won't appeal to those who like to handle everything they buy.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
if its $20 difference between Wal-Mart and a gun shop, I'm buying at the gun shop.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Ours never quit selling them.

Same here.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
We have a relatively new super center here. They've sold guns since day 1.

They just announced a new service that they're remodeling for - online grocery sales. You go online and order what you want and set a pickup time. They will put together your order and it'll be waiting for you when you arrive. They'll even load it for you. No extra charge. I can see that appealing to people on the run or who don't want to cart 3 small kids around in a store. It won't appeal to those who like to handle everything they buy.

Local Walmart grocery has offered the order online service for around a year now and it seems to be fairly popular so far. You place order online, they pull it, you pickup it all up at a drive-thru, and they load it into your vehicle for you. Our daughter-in-law buys almost all of their groceries that way now. She says it's been both a time and money saver for them. Time saved formerly spent wandering the store looking for particular items and then waiting in long lines at check-out and money saved by not buying a lot of impulse items. She does seem to make trips to Walmart more often now though than before since starting to use the grocery pick-up service. I can also see how it could be a handy service for elderly, those with health and/or physical limitations and pretty much everyone during flu season.

Personally I much prefer to pick out our groceries myself. For obvious reasons I would imagine store employees have been instructed to pull items with the nearest expiration dates first. I seriously doubt too they much care about going to the trouble and time to pick out the best looking, freshest meat, produce, fruit, etc. when pulling orders, either.

My biggest gripes about Walmart is probably their lack of staffing and they seem to constantly move items from one place to God knows where. Most departments seldom have clerks on site and of course the 20+ check-out lanes with maybe 4 to 6 open.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
In the 1990s, Walmart went to one of the larger toy manufacturers and told them that they would buy x number of dolls at a certain price. The only way for the manufacturer to reach that price was to ship production to China. The Walmart price on the shelf for that doll was much cheaper than other stores were selling it for. I know this because my mother worked in the Toy Dept of a local retailer. Every year, she would accompany the buyers to NY for the big toy shows to help decide what would be purchased for the upcoming year. She had sales reps. tell her that was how Walmart was getting such low prices.

Walmart did this to many companies. They promised large orders if the manufacturer would meet their price point. Many smaller retail chains couldn't compete with the Walmart price.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I go to Wal-Mart three or four times a week and I never go to Wal-Mart.

Let me explain. Three or four years ago they built a new Wal-Mart neighborhood market a mile from my house. It is great. It is clean, extremely well stocked, always has most checkout counters staffed AND plenty of self checkouts for when things are busy. It is a cinch to pop in and buy a few items a few times a week. Most trips inside the store are measured in a few minutes. I once realized that we were out of ketchup right as we sat down to eat. Seven minutes later I was back and sitting down with a bottle of ketchup. It also has the side benefit of being the best place in town to watch soccer moms in yoga pants.

But since they opened that one, I haven’t been in one of the larger superstores in town more than once or twice. I buy the groceries at th Neighborhood Market and anything elsewhere.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
They have smaller stores too?

Like the size of a regular grocery store?

Wild.

Whats next? Wal Mart gas stations?

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Wooo - Hoooo! You're a lucky man, Miles!
They took all firearms out of our store ~ 15 years ago. A friend, working in receiving, told me it was because of "internal loss" (employee theft) - so, instead of firing the workers, and prosecuting them, they quit carrying firearms in this store.
Don't know if we'll ever see them back! They still have much the same workforce.

I've never heard of Wally World not prosecuting shoplifters whether they worked for them or not. There's often a cop car parked in front to take some kid downtown for stealing some makeup or something. I'd have a hard time believing they don't prosecute employees who steal from them either and certainly would not retain them. Sound like fake news to me.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Wild.

Not sure if serious.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Yes. All I have ever seen is the super store.

I was curious if they had smaller stores too. Thats what it sounded like you described.

I am MAGA.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Wild.

Not sure if serious.

If you're talking about something the size of a Quik Trip or so, nope, no joke at all. There was an article about it a couple of years ago in a trade magazine. Whether the idea is going to be tried, is being tried, or was tried is something I don't know. I'll get bored sooner or later and google fu the answer.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (1OntarioJim, 06hunter59, 204guy, 12344mag, 219DW, 1Longbow, 70 invisible), 2,447 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,301
Posts18,487,087
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.