Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Guns and ammo too expensive, they complain...
Guns and ammo too cheap, they complain...

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It will be funny seeing lots of old rifles going for pennies on the dollar in the coming years.

That's why the 17th century wheelocks are going so cheap laugh

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/770657645

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
10 cent cigars abound....

S
Switch Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Diablero
Originally Posted by Switch
I think the gun market is exactly where it needs to be. Gun shops, collectors and sellers have been price gouging us for years. Also a good thing is competition between the makers. More of the gun manufacturers guarantee MOA right out of the box and come with nice triggers. As someone said earlier, the gun market has done it to themselves. What comes around will eventually go around and it's been long overdue. Rifles that cost $800 to a $1000 dollars 5 or 10 years ago, you will be lucky to get $500 bucks for and why buy your old stuff when I can buy a new Tikka or other nice rifles in the $500ish range and it's guaranteed MOA or even sub MOA.

Tikkas and Ruger Americans, ect. shoot amazingly well. I have owned a Tikka but just did't float my boat. Never could warm up to the toy like feel, I tried after all the praising and bragging about the Tikkas here on the Fire but never got there, so it went down the.road, probably still shooting those tiny groups with the new owner. Don't want to argue or ruffle and feathers, to each his own. I'm not a snob as I own a Marlin X7 223and a Remington Express shot gun for truck guns. Tried to sell the Express a couple of months ago here on the Fire for $189.00 and didn't get one reply or offer., my Ruger Hawkeye 6.5 Creedmor @ $450.00 was the same result. Nor exactly looking for wind fall profits here.

Switch I totally understand, to each his own. I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers either.

Also, if anyone is waiting for the Democrats and the tree huggers to make a splash in the pond so you can make a few dollars on your guns it makes me wonder who's side your on anyway???

What did my post have to do with politics?????????????????????? Looks like I ruffled your feathers! Sorry

S
Switch Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
I think the gun market is exactly where it needs to be. Gun shops, collectors and sellers have been price gouging us for years. Also a good thing is competition between the makers. More of the gun manufacturers guarantee MOA right out of the box and come with nice triggers. As someone said earlier, the gun market has done it to themselves. What comes around will eventually go around and it's been long overdue. Rifles that cost $800 to a $1000 dollars 5 or 10 years ago, you will be lucky to get $500 bucks for and why buy your old stuff when I can buy a new Tikka or other nice rifles in the $500ish range and it's guaranteed MOA or even sub MOA.

Tikkas and Ruger Americans, ect. shoot amazingly well. I have owned a Tikka but just did't float my boat. Never could warm up to the toy like feel, I tried after all the praising and bragging about the Tikkas here on the Fire but never got there, so it went down the.road, probably still shooting those tiny groups with the new owner. Don't want to argue or ruffle and feathers, to each his own. I'm not a snob as I own a Marlin X7 223and a Remington Express shotgun for truck guns. Tried to sell the Express a couple of months ago here on the Fire for $189.00 and didn't get one reply or offer., my Ruger Hawkeye 6.5 Creedmor @ $450.00 was the same result. Nor exactly looking for wind fall profits here.

Switch I totally understand, to each his own. I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers either.

Also, if anyone is waiting for the Democrats and the tree huggers to make a splash in the pond so you can make a few dollars on your guns it makes me wonder who's side your on anyway???

What did my post have to do with politics???????????????? Guess I ruffed your feathers. Sorry!

Last edited by Switch; 05/22/18.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Supply and demand for a product with very little obsolescence. Except 30-06's and 270's. They don't work anymore.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

Tikkas and Ruger Americans, ect. shoot amazingly well. I have owned a Tikka but just did't float my boat. Never could warm up to the toy like feel, I tried after all the praising and bragging about the Tikkas here on the Fire but never got there, so it went down the.road, probably still shooting those tiny groups with the new owner. Don't want to argue or ruffle and feathers, to each his own. I'm not a snob as I own a Marlin X7 223and a Remington Express shot gun for truck guns. Tried to sell the Express a couple of months ago here on the Fire for $189.00 and didn't get one reply or offer., my Ruger Hawkeye 6.5 Creedmor @ $450.00 was the same result. Nor exactly looking for wind fall profits here.

What did my post have to do with politics???????????????? Guess I ruffed your feathers. Sorry!

No, no. I wasn't directing that at you lol. I was just talking out loud to anyone. Saying what's on my mind. It's all good. That's the reason I put my response in 2 different phrases wink. Cool head here my friend. Have a good one.

89-92 7th INF. DIV.
92-93 RASP-Ranger Tab
93-97 1ST BN

S
Switch Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by 16bore
Supply and demand for a product with very little obsolescence. Except 30-06's and 270's. They don't work anymore.

16 Bore

The modified mounts I bought from you were the nicest thing about the Tikkka I had. They went with the rifle. Great workmanship, thank you!

Last edited by Switch; 05/22/18.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I’m ready to load up. Cry or buy, just do something

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by halfmile
There are entirely too many people who want to get every penny they paid out of their gun they are selling.

That's why they sit on here for a long time. this is OK if the right buyer is out there somewhere.

If you want to price your gun to the market look on Gunbroker for the same with at least 2 bids on it.

HM

There are entirely too many people who want to get every penny they paid out of their gun they are selling.

That's why they sit on here for a long time. this is OK if the right buyer is out there somewhere.

If you want to price your gun to the market look on Gunbroker for the same with at least 2 bids on it.

HM

HM

[quote=halfmile]

This

Last edited by MRKbass; 05/22/18.
IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I'll take my chances ,they can bury mine with me when I pass, there won't be any complaints on my end,

S
Switch Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by MRKbass
[quote=halfmile]There are entirely too many people who want to get every penny they paid out of their gun they are selling.

HM

HM

HM

This

I just looked at GB and it was hard to find many guns with 1 bids let alone 2! Slow and soft!

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Guns and hunting were part of our youth, not so much anymore.

Young buyers mainly interested in guns they got to select when playing video games...black rifles, handguns and such.

Africa is a mess with import restrictions, disease, violence, bad press.

Access to hunting land has become more and more restricted.

Not many grow up on farms these days as urbanization continues.

Cost of outfitted hunts has become prohibitive.

S
Switch Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Biebs

Young buyers mainly interested in guns they got to select when playing video games...black rifles, handguns and such.

S
Switch Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Biebs

Yes sir I agree!

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
the younger crowd are into black guns, I have been selling because of med issues so my wife does not have to deal with...

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Peaks and valleys, boys. Peaks and valleys.

Gun market's no different than any other.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Recent Observations:

Went to a small town ,Pacific, Mo. Gun show Saturday afternoon
Advertised 50-60 booths.
Actual booths at the show 40
Advertised Price of entry $7.00
Actual admission at the door marked down to $5.00. $6.00 for weekend.
Vendor count Red Badges 55
Buyer count no badge. 5 including me.
Gun Prices appeared high. $1000. for a 1903 30-06 Springfield rifle in good condition.
$1200. for M-1 30-06 good condition. Dealer had 20-30 to sell.
I left with absolutely no intention of making an offer.
I brought a Weatherby Mark V Deluxe 270 Weatherby Mag. with great wood. Couldn't get an offer.
The "buzz is gone".

I
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I
It’s trumps fault. He’s making gun market soft again.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
My family enjoys shooting. A couple guns. When they different variations, they lose interest quickly. They just see it as they only need one or two to shoot and that's it I'm packing up all of the Lionel trains and they are getting sold off as well. None of my children have any interest. I have some concern they might regret it if I sell off the trains, but I doubt it. Kids in their 20s have no real desire to even buy a house, let alone have enough space to display/run trains. Some are intimidated by home ownership and the repairs/maintenance. Others have no desire to get into any more debt than they already have, due to the outrageous cost of higher education.

20 years from now, these then 40-50 year olds might be looking for a Browning or S&W that dad used to have. So, if you can wait that out...

Another observation - as the S&W, Colts, Winchesters, etc. all climb to, well, somewhat absurd prices, folks look for other options, such as lesser known brands, but still quality made firearms. As the prices on the lesser know brands climb, the name brands will temper and reduce...or not.

"Honey, when I die, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them."
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

178 members (12344mag, 2500HD, 2UP, 160user, 10Glocks, 3dtestify, 19 invisible), 1,532 guests, and 892 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,262
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.