Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
338Rem Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Are we approaching the time to check the back door for tags. DOW says June 4 to 8th

Last edited by 338Rem; 05/22/18.

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
GB1

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
There is no back door anymore with the new system from what guys have been saying

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
338Rem Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There’s nothing I can see internally yet

"For some unfortunates, poisoned by city sidewalks ... the horn of the hunter never winds at all" Robert Ruark, The Horn of the Hunter

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by saddlesore
There is no back door anymore with the new system from what guys have been saying

I heard that from a CPW source as well. Some new process with new system precludes posting of points, etc. before the draw is officially realeased. Happy Trails

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
IC B2

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Tick, tock, ... The wait is killing me this year. I rolled the dice on how I made selections and I'm hoping the change to no upfront money, and the potential increase in applicants, doesn't bite me. They were reliable choices in the old system, but maybe not now.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’m just praying that my homework researching unit draw statistics pays off. Praying for a muzzleloader tag for Sept.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You will know if you draw or not after they start hitting cards

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Read on Eastmans that they’ve heard nonresident deer, elk, antelope and moose applications went up more than 100%. Resident up 25-50%. I may be looking for OTC this year for elk.

Can you just imagine what this will do to the points structure.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yep.....most everyone predicted this mess

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
IC B3

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
At the end of the day the cost is the same though. It's a little odd to me that the numbers would go up that much with no actual cost difference. Some increase, sure. For Bighorns I understand, but the others weren't that big of a deal.

D
DW7 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Its a $3 app fee and your in, $31 and any swingin dick is in for all 7 species! That's the cost difference!

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Other than the hard to draw species and licences, why would anyone put in for licenses that they couldn’t afford to front the money on with full refund? Do you have more money in June than in April? Do you think folks are running that tight on their credit line on cards?Makes no sense unless the anti’s are organized to clog up the system. Happy Trails

D
DW7 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Prior to this year for non-resident to apply for all seven species they would have had to front $8,400, a resident $933! Now all they have to come up with is $31. Maybe they draw one tag or two or even three now they have to pay for those licenses but it's still not $8,400 or $933!

Last edited by DW7; 05/25/18.
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by DW7
Prior to this year for non-resident to apply for all seven species they would have had to front $8,400, a resident $933! Now all they have to come up with is $31. Maybe they draw one tag or two or even three now they have to pay for those licenses but it's still not $8,400 or $933!

Good point! I did not think about those that might apply for everything offered. I also looked at sheep and goat app numbers. It appears that the huge surge in numbers are preference point only apps although there were also more hunt choice apps as well. With the way it’s set up, what good is 3rd or 4th choices on an app? Happy Trails

D
DW7 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by WAM
Originally Posted by DW7

Good point! I did not think about those that might apply for everything offered. I also looked at sheep and goat app numbers. It appears that the huge surge in numbers are preference point only apps although there were also more hunt choice apps as well. With the way it’s set up, what good is 3rd or 4th choices on an app? Happy Trails

Be interesting to see that leftover list come august.

D
DW7 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by WAM
Originally Posted by DW7

A lot of them probably didn't apply for everything before, but now that it's 3 bucks apiece........

Last edited by DW7; 05/25/18.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by DW7
Originally Posted by WAM
Originally Posted by DW7

A lot of them probably didn't apply for everything before, but now that it's 3 bucks apiece........

Exactly,but surprise, next year the application fee goes up along with the tag fees I'm not sure if it will be$10 or $15,but a BIG slug of money for CPW

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
D
DW7 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Originally Posted by DW7
Originally Posted by WAM
Originally Posted by DW7

Exactly,but surprise, next year the application fee goes up along with the tag fees I'm not sure if it will be$10 or $15,but a BIG slug of money for CPW

Yep, I hear $10 for residents and $20 for non res. Nice little new revenue stream they created!

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Hell, raise it to $100 and apply it to the license if drawn! Otherwise, non refundable. That will scare off the casual lookie-loo’s! LOL! Happy Trails

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 65 invisible), 2,554 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,716
Posts18,475,684
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.