Hop To
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Thanks B.

Jackson, what does "snuggle up" mean, pray tell? Is it one of those phrases you and Dave like to throw out because it has connotations but no real meaning or substance? Innuendo is your stock in trade.

Didn't you say you were a big supporter of RMEF? What was your position on wolf reintroduction, did you support that? If so, did you renounce your membership when RMEF came out in support of it?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Youre playing semantics. I mean their board members took selfies with him, they pushed a cute meme all over facebook and instagram, they gave him a lengthy speaking slot at one of their circlejerks, oh and they took his cash (who knows how much, i doubt they would say). Thats what i mean by snuggle up to.

But again, you were probably in the selfie line so you dont care about their stance on hunting.

Does rmef openly oppose and lobby against the hunting of predators like wolves? Ya i didnt think so...

Now go ahead, dodge and deflect, its your M.O. This is why i oppose bha. All of their board members and lackeys cant answer questions honestly and straight forward. Dont be ashamed, just admit wilderness is more important than hunting and fishing.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 05/23/18.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Selfies and memes? "OMG!!"

You crack me up. Wilderness is more important than hunting and fishing?? Where'd that come from?

I can't speak for others but not for me personally. Hunting and fishing is the reason I visit wilderness.

And what is your question anyway? The one I'm not answering?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bht5nlKnfeY/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bhh6hiMBYoh/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bhro7g1gfAG/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bhkv1oXBuG-/

Sycophant game is strong. Just search some hashtags associated with that clown....

Its obvious you are for the campaign against grizzly hunting and you want them relisted as an endangered species. There i answered it for you, since you lack the integrity to answer it yourself

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

Its obvious you are for the campaign against grizzly hunting and you want them relisted as an endangered species. There i answered it for you, since you lack the integrity to answer it yourself

What's obvious is, in the absence of facts you'll say just about anything that fits your agenda.

You've never asked my opinion on grizzly hunting or listing. If you had, I'd have answered.

You're as FOS as a Christmas turkey.

IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by smokepole
I can't speak for others but not for me personally. Hunting and fishing is the reason I visit wilderness.

You spoke well. The only thing I'd add is I value peace and quiet when I'm in the woods hiking, hunting, and fishing ... something I cannot get when road lice invade the area. We have areas here designated for off-highway vehicles .. 4x4s, motorcycles, and ATVs. We have areas designated for foot / hoof traffic only. The two simply do not mix. There's a place for both ... but not together.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

What's obvious is, in the absence of facts you'll say just about anything that fits your agenda.

You've never asked my opinion on grizzly hunting or listing. If you had, I'd have answered.

I asked you if his stance bothered you(just 6 posts prior). You refused to answer. So now youre just a blatant liar.

And you still didn't provide an answer, just like your affiliation with bha. Shocker. Deflect and lie = polesmoker m.o.

Feel free to answer those Q's and prove me wrong...but you wont possibly because youre ashamed of your own views?

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
His stance doesn't bother me, even if I don't agree with it. So, what DO you support Handy and what have they (and you) done to improve hunting on public lands? Anything besides yourself?

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
What is this giant trap you think BHA has set?

Are you opposed to their stance on public land preservation and access?

Do you support fighting politicians who do want to liquidate our public lands to private ownership?

I get it, everyone has their issues that they get fired up about. Your constant meddling in these threads makes me think you strongly oppose the above, but I hate to make assumptions. I would say that you don't care either way, but again, you've made it a constant need to talk about patagonia's CEO and some giant BHA trap that is going to take us all down, leading me to believe you have some passion for this one way or the other.

Or, maybe you are just really bored. laugh

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
What is this giant trap you think BHA has set?

Are you opposed to their stance on public land preservation and access?

Do you support fighting politicians who do want to liquidate our public lands to private ownership?

I get it, everyone has their issues that they get fired up about. Your constant meddling in these threads makes me think you strongly oppose the above, but I hate to make assumptions. I would say that you don't care either way, but again, you've made it a constant need to talk about patagonia's CEO and some giant BHA trap that is going to take us all down, leading me to believe you have some passion for this one way or the other.

Or, maybe you are just really bored. laugh

Who are these "politicians who do want to liquidate our public lands to private ownership". and what legislation are they proposing to do so?

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Im opposed to organizations talking out of both sides of their mouth. They claim to be the mouthpiece for hunters, yet take money from groups against hunting. Im opposed to vagueness and lack of transparency.

Oh and i am 100% against buzzh

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

I asked you if his stance bothered you(just 6 posts prior). You refused to answer. So now youre just a blatant liar.

And you still didn't provide an answer, just like your affiliation with bha. Shocker. Deflect and lie = polesmoker m.o.

Feel free to answer those Q's and prove me wrong...but you wont possibly because youre ashamed of your own views?

First, asking about my opinion on grizzly hunting is not remotely the same thing as asking if someone else's stance bothers me. Apparently you don't understand the difference. If you're going to call someone a liar, try to have your facts straight.

Second, I've answered the question of whether Chouinard's views and stances bother me, you just missed it so I'll say it again: The views and stances of Yvon Chouinard or any other individual donors to BHA don't bother me one bit. The fact that they choose to donate money to BHA does not mean that BHA endorses all their stances on other things (other than public land and wilderness preservation). Chouinard is free to support any cause or organization he chooses, same as you or I.

And as I said in my earlier reply to the question on Chouinard, I have no idea about the various stances and politics of all the donors to the organizations I support, like the NRA. The NRA takes in so much money that it's virtually guaranteed that I don't agree with all its donors. Yet I still belong, because it's an effective advocate for something I believe in.

The only reason I haven't answered your question on my affiliation with BHA was because I wanted to watch you stamp your feet and bang your spoon on your high chair, convinced I'm a board member or some such. It's been entertaining. My only affiliation with BHA is my annual membership. As a matter of fact, I need to check on that it may have lapsed. Thanks for the reminder.

Last, on your question about grizzlies my opinion is that all of those issues should be decided by the cognizant state game management agencies, and the decisions should be based on the opinions of the people they hire to make those decisions. If their biologists say that populations are at or above objective, there should be hunting.

If we had grizzlies in Colorado, I'd be more involved in those discussions. But we don't so I defer to the citizens of the states with grizzlies.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Im opposed to organizations talking out of both sides of their mouth. They claim to be the mouthpiece for hunters, yet take money from groups against hunting. Im opposed to vagueness and lack of transparency.

So, you are 100% opposed to public land hunting then - 'cuz clearly Buzz is 100% for it.

As always, you are against everything, but you don't seem to be FOR something that benefits hunters of public lands. That pretty much makes you an anti-hunter as far as I'm concerned.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans

So, you are 100% opposed to public land hunting then - 'cuz clearly Buzz is 100% for it.

As always, you are against everything, but you don't seem to be FOR something that benefits hunters of public lands. That pretty much makes you an anti-hunter as far as I'm concerned.

Lol buzz does like to crawl up and nail himself to the public land cross doesn't he. He also likes to run his suckhole about things he hasnt a clue about.

And polesmoker, im glad to see you finally developed a spine! Now you're one rung higher than buzz, congrats.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Lol buzz does like to crawl up and nail himself to the public land cross doesn't he. He also likes to run his suckhole about things he hasnt a clue about.

And polesmoker, im glad to see you finally developed a spine! Now you're one rung higher than buzz, congrats.

Classy, as always.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Personally, I think smokepole has done a very good job articulating the main points. Myself, I primarily recreate on wilderness period. Sure I hike sometimes on NF or BLM , but given my rathers I head to places I feel are less populated, more natural, and more pristine. I don't like people driving up next to my camp and doing whatever. I'll stick with the walkers and pack animals as long as I can get there.

As far as cozying up to someone who's CEO has been against Grizz hunting and people taking selfies etc, I feel that is an excellent moment. The Recreation and Hunting worlds do not need to hate each other, they need to find common ground to protect land, animals, and water ways. The aforementioned CEO has some excellent hunting and fishing stories BTW and would probably out fly fish most of us. Now is BHA perfect ? No, they have gotten on the wrong side of a couple issues, and when asked they will freely admit it. Have you ever made a mistake ? It happens.

BTW, we are not forcing you to join any group. If you don't like it, don't join and find a group you like . However, don't continually bash and slander them because they are supporting hunting and fishing on public land and people from all walks (even recreational) can get on board with that.

Lightweight Tipi Tents and Hunting Tents https://seekoutside.com/tipis-and-hot-tents/
Backpacks for backpack hunting https://seekoutside.com/hunting-backpacks/
Hot Tent Systemshttps://seekoutside.com/hot-tent-combos/
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Maybe he was for it before he was against it...... wink

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
There is some truly weak schidt going on in this this thread. Between skinner and handjob, whose incoherent diatribes have me thoroughly confused, I don't know w/ whom I am aligned and maligned. I am told I am a fudd greenie pole smoker who wears a truckers hat and drinks micro brews.

In reality I am a a Tacticool, beret wearing Coors drinker who hunts Griz w/ a knife while wearing Patagucci duds in a wilderness area w/ other public land snobs who walked there.

For those that would sneer at my beliefs and preferences: EAT A DIK.
For those that sincerely disagree; I really don't care.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
You go girl

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Me thinks the political trolls are hot and heavy on this forum. I wonder who's funding them?

Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1badf350, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 56 invisible), 2,307 guests, and 1,189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,040
Posts18,500,763
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.