Print Thread
Hop To
G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
the primary was held yesterday. results are in.

the repubs in total slightly outvoted the number of demos.

the repubs will have a runoff in july? the demo's are set to go.

what we've got brewing is a race outcome based upon turnout for real.

georgia is a red-state for anyone left wondering. but they did elect ol jimmah.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Much to do about nothing. Georgia votes governors on name recognition and lifetime achievement. Casey Cagle will beat Kemp in the runoff and then win in Nov.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
She has not got a snowball's chance. Crooked Cagle is in.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by hatari
Much to do about nothing. Georgia votes governors on name recognition and lifetime achievement. Casey Cagle will beat Kemp in the runoff and then win in Nov.

i'm hopeful your assessment is at least in the ball park. that would allow for a positive outcome of one kind or another.

as our friends in the agricultural community are fond of sayin', the final proof will be in the turnout, now & then.

it's looking like a classic lineup of urban vs. rural interests. but of course i could be wrong.

we can surmise the demo's will block vote, no doubt. but can the repubs turn out?

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I hope the Repubs win.

IC B2

G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
She has not got a snowball's chance. Crooked Cagle is in.

at least part of what you say might well be true. georgia is a red state.

the turnout diff. between total demo's & repubs wasn't big.

it's been a long time since king rat was in office.

gov. perdue, us agri. chief, changed that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Negro woman Democrat candidate will get millions of dollars in free publicity. You can count on that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Dems are going with a long shot. If they wanted a Black woman with some name recognition they could have tapped former Atlanta Mayor Shirley Franklin. She did a decent job, and I don't recall any serious controversies under her watch. Franklin is female, Black, and a Dem.

The Democrats are experimenting with the idea that the Black vote will make the difference. They need to understand that in a non presidential election year, casual voters are not mobilized to go vote. This will be especially true in the rural counties of the old "Cotton Belt" that swashes through the middle of the state that have 50% or more Black residents. Nothing to make them run to the polls. Unknown Black chick running for Governor. Meanwhile, since the GOP has a runoff, GOP voters will be motivated and conditioned to vote because their candidates will be campaigning all summer. More name recognition. If the Dems make it a race thing, the rural white GOP voters will definitely come out and vote.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I thought Shirley Franklin Died a few years ago But if she were able to run, I'd vote for the first democrat I've voted for in my life. She was, bar non, the best mayor of Atlanta seen in my lifetime.

G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Alonzo_Tubbs
I thought Shirley Franklin Died a few years ago But if she were able to run, I'd vote for the first democrat I've voted for in my life. She was, bar non, the best mayor of Atlanta seen in my lifetime.

i can easily envision millions of dollars of income flowing to the various media outlets and industry as the final campaign gears up, no matter the exact candidates from each party.

we know who the far left candidate is, but how far right can the repubs go, and then still be able to shift back to the mid-stream before the main election. and can the far-left candidate do the same, and follow suit?

the repubs have two 'main-stream establishment' type repubs in a run-off. they're wearing different masks for the benefit of the masses, but heh.

a motivated electorate is going to be the key to victory? if the left mobilizes a big urban, mega-city turnout, the right will adjust and adapt, no doubt.

the left will literally love their candidate, but will the right be equally loving of their candidate?

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Alonzo_Tubbs

My quick look-up says she is 73 and still hanging in there.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

I hope hatari is wrong about Cagle beating Kemp but if I had to bet, I would put money on Cagle.

I hope hatari is right about the Republicans winning over the crazy woman the democrats have chosen. God help
us if she wins.

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.
Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Lots of barns burning this fall. It all started back in 2010...

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I voted, voted for Cagle. The other Dem chic was cute in a trashy way

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by JamesJr
The Negro woman Democrat candidate will get millions of dollars in free publicity. You can count on that.

She already did. Hillary and a few more well heeled Democrats have already been funding her campaign. No worries though...we will make sure our man gets elected.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by riflegunbuilder
I voted, voted for Cagle. The other Dem chic was cute in a trashy way

i voted for michael williams knowing he was down in the polls.

that other dem chic got blowed out of the water. it's going to be a far left versus a far right battle, at least for the public consumption.

nothing to do now but wait for the runoff results under the hot july sun.

21 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by hatari

I didn't vote for Cagle, but this is the likely scenario.

"Never force anything, just get a bigger hammer".

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (1minute, 1234, 160user, 10Glocks, 16penny, 57 invisible), 2,414 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,527
Posts18,472,663
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.