Print Thread
Hop To
Page 36 of 85 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 84 85
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by battue
Well, well. Glad to be back and see not much has changed. Letting an old, blind Dog flush some Pheasants is a fine thing. Well done.

Thanks Harry. It seems that common sense isn't so common any more.

On another note, I drove 5 mph over the speed limit on the way home yesterday. Do you think Paul Blart will want to know about this?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Thank you. What do you know about these particular pheasants, and the impact of my dog occasionally chasing one? Let me answer for you: not a damn thing.

PS, I made a post over on the hunting rifles forum, and you haven't commented on it yet. Better hustle on over there, I might have said something you can be offended by. That seems to be something you're good at, getting offended.

"Jackson Handy, Wildlife Cop." That come with aat plastic whistle?

As an upland hunter with two britts, i dont know one dipshit that actively runs their dogs on wild birds this late in the spring. But what do i know....

In fact many states have laws against such activities. But go forth and harass.

P.s. im not a bha member, i dont get offended over forum posts. Stop your psychological projection...

LOL, coming from someone who want to call others "self-righteous," this is hilarious.

Jackson, you still don't know anyone who "actively runs their dogs on wild birds this late in the spring" so quit making stuff up. I know it's difficult for you to stick to facts but give a try, you might like it.

I rarely take the dog out after these pheasants because he has no eyes and it's hard for him to avoid the cactus and sagebrush. The other day was the first time (and only time) he's flushed a bird this spring. And as I said earlier, hens lose their scent on the nest, and this bird was a rooster. So stop your whining, no one and nothing was hurt.

Another thing you should know about these birds is that it's illegal to hunt where they're found and anywhere within miles of their location. Pheasant are non-native and they were introduced for one purpose--hunting. These will never be hunted nor will their offspring be hunted so a 12 year-old blind dog chasing one on occasion is harming absolutely nothing. The place where they live is over-populated with coyotes so the thought that a 12 year-old blind golden retriever will affect their population is ludicrous at best, you're really reaching but no surprise there. You're sole puprpose here is to stir up schit, so nothing's off the table I suppose.

As far as being illegal, so is letting the dog off-leash but I do that regularly too, so he can swim in the lake. You should call the Colorado 1-800 hotline and turn me in. Or maybe not. I've been contacted numerous times at this same location by CP&W employees with the dog off leash and never gotten even a stern talking to.

Because only a true a**hole would make a big deal about a harmless old blind dog having a little fun.

Last, your comment about BHA is telling. What does BHA have to do with this? Oh yeah, I forgot. Tashing BHA is the only reason you're posting on the backpack forum. Good job.

Very nice attempt to explain away your harassment of wildlife. If this makes you happy good for you, its still not right. But thats liberals for you....do as i say, not as i do.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Is that all you've got, calling me a liberal? Sorry, dumb question.

You ought to run for your HOA, that'd be perfect for you. You could mind everyone's business in the whole neighborhood. You'd make a good crossing guard too, you could wag your finger at people as they drove by.

What a self-righteous busybody you are.

I'll say it again, only a true a**hole would make a big deal about a harmless old blind dog "harrassing wildlife." Congratulations.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J

I'll say it again, only a true a**hole would make a big deal about a harmless old blind dog "harrassing wildlife." Congratulations.

Cool story pole smoker. I'll say it again, only a grade A retarded dipshit would intentionally run a dog on wild upland birds during nesting season.

I really appreciate you initially going out of your way to be an [bleep] in this thread, its made it entertaining......you go girl.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

I really appreciate you initially going out of your way to be an [bleep] in this thread, its made it entertaining......you go girl.

Sorry, the honor of initially being an a**hole goes to you, you've been an a**hole on here since day one. Take this gem you posted on Randy Newberg's thread, where you called his podcast a "turdcast" the first day you signed up here. Kind of hard to claim the high ground after such an auspicious start, Jackson:

Awww so cute

Im kinda bummed randy didn't ask the real hard hitting questions during his turdcast with you. "Buzz how is it you breath with your head so far up your rectum" "buzz, does anyone from bha call you and tell you to stfu?" "Buzz, how great is it to get paid by the people to go scouting, act like you actually work?"

Who do you think you're kidding with your shucking and jiving, your reason for being here is obvious.

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J

Sorry, the honor of initially being an a**hole goes to you, you've been an a**hole on here since day one. Take this gem you posted on Randy Newberg's thread, where you called his podcast a "turdcast" the first day you signed up here. Kind of hard to claim the high ground after such an auspicious start, Jackson:

Awww so cute

Im kinda bummed randy didn't ask the real hard hitting questions during his turdcast with you. "Buzz how is it you breath with your head so far up your rectum" "buzz, does anyone from bha call you and tell you to stfu?" "Buzz, how great is it to get paid by the people to go scouting, act like you actually work?"

Who do you think you're kidding with your shucking and jiving, your reason for being here is obvious.

I believe i stated IN THIS THREAD, located in your beloved backpacking forum, genius. Face it, you brought the childish behavior here....you go girl. I didn't know i wasn't welcome to post my workouts that are geared toward functional fitness and mountain hunting. But you made that clear because i dont like your sacred idol.

And ya, newturd is a pompous windbag, deal with it.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 05/22/18.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Awww so cute

I believe i stated IN THIS THREAD, located in your beloved backpacking forum, genius. Face it, you brought the childish behavior here....you go girl. I didn't know i wasn't welcome to post my workouts that are geared toward functional fitness and mountain hunting. But you made that clear because i dont like your sacred idol.

And ya, newturd is a pompous windbag, deal with it.

Newturd? And you want to blame me for childish behavior, that's rich.

I've exposed you for who you are and why you're here. Or rather, you've exposed yourself.

I have no more to add, your posts say it all.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good to see you guys still keeping at it. Jealous here.

Doing what I can when I can for now.

Scheduled to go under the laser 6/12. Hope to be back at it somewhat by early/mid July which will give me about 2 months to be ready for MT. Until then I'll follow this thread, organize gear, tweak setups, and fling arrows.

"There is no excellance in Archery without great labor".
Maurice Thompson 1879

Nothing clears a troubled mind better than shooting a bow.
Fred Bear
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
3 miles with my wife and Tiny E, going to take it nice and easy this week

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Hang in there Scott. I'm "doing what I can" too. Went to the gym yesterday, mostly lower body with some core and stretching. Tried to do some goblet squats but with no flexibility in the ankle those weren't working.

Luckily there are a few different leg press and squat machines that I can still use. I go back to the Dr. today. scheduled a session with a trainer next week.

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Stairmaster: 10min warm-up

Overhead barbell press-10--Box Step-ups/10 each leg--Stairmaster-1min
Overhead barbell press-9--Box Step-ups/10 each leg--Stairmaster-1min
8-10-1 to 7-10-1 repeat down to 1-10-1

Quick BP/16 into 8 knees to chest x 3

1min roll-outs into 1.5min planks x 3

2x20 air squats

Rower: easy 30min

laissez les bons temps rouler
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Scott
Good to see you guys still keeping at it. Jealous here.

Doing what I can when I can for now.

Scheduled to go under the laser 6/12. Hope to be back at it somewhat by early/mid July which will give me about 2 months to be ready for MT. Until then I'll follow this thread, organize gear, tweak setups, and fling arrows.

We are rooting for you. Count on it.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
4 miles on the trails with Tiny E; hanging up my trail shoes until Saturday morning- starting to stuff packed

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Headed back from the Lost Coast. Strava shows ~ 30 miles logged in 4 days but I was turning it off for our side jaunts so we could stay in sync with the map. There are two long sections impassable at high tide so you gotta know where you are. So prob closer to 40 miles.

I'll put up a few pics when I get back to our wifi.

Was pleased that my PF issue stayed manageable. Wife and daughter both reported sore tired arches... I stretched the [bleep] out of that foot several times a day and it was fine, but it was a strain for sure. Surface conditions varied wildly but there was a whole lot of slogging in deep soft gravel and coarse sand. Also pleased that my back responded well; I was diligent about my magic stretch and that kept the dogs at bay. More later.

Last edited by Jeff_O; 05/23/18.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Here's a pic of one of the surfaces. I was loving my walkin' stick.

[Linked Image]

Caught some surf perch! Warning: objects in the foreground are smaller than they appear. Ate 4 one night and 4 the next night- great way to augment Mountain House! smile

[Linked Image]

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Jeff welcome back; sounds like a good trip smile nothing like fresh fish to augment a supper!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Nice! Never had a surf perch, they look like crappie.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
15 miles on the bike last night. Warm up, then 9 mile time trial with 800 feet of elevation gain, then cool down ride back to the car.

Had an apparently drunk lady driving around course bitching about bikes being in the road. She ran one rider off the road. Other than that, excellent race.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Upper body and core for me today. The women were really making me uncomfortable with their gawking.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Upper body and core for me today. The women were really making me uncomfortable with their gawking.

Most probable reason would be you were cracking. Pull up your shorts.

Page 36 of 85 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 84 85

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 59 invisible), 2,640 guests, and 1,294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,516
Posts18,509,564
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.