Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
it's ok...... I've come back to geovids 3 times...been very happy the last 2 years with them ( type 403 HD-R)..., geovids it is.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Well, I officially folded like a lawn chair. After my repeated "I'm gonna keep my binos and RF separate" ramblings, I went against everything I stand for and ordered the Geovid's from Doug, the 40054's. I have SV's, a separate RF, and now these incoming. We'll shall see I guess.

I think you'll like 'em JGRaider. I believe using Geovids has made me much better at estimating distances - when I'm glassing with them I frequently play a game with myself whereas I first estimate the distance with my eyes and then range it to see how close I am.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Well, I officially folded like a lawn chair.

I did as well as the price was great on them but so far I’m pretty pissed on the whole deal.

I ordered almost mine 2 1/2 weeks ago, my credit card was immediately charged and I still haven’t seen them yet. Not sure what the delay is and don’t feel that I have been told the real story on these 😡 I called a week ago to inquire and spoke to Neil who said he had no idea when my binos would ship.

I was under the impression that these were actually in stock and ready to go but at this point I am guessing that isn’t the case. I just wish I had been told that going into it!

Hopefully they will shop soon as I have hunts coming up but so far I’m pretty sour on the whole deal, hopefully everybody else has better luck then I have had actually getting your binos delivered!

Maybe I’m just being pissy but almost 3 weeks wait on product the website claimed was in stock and zero communication seems excessive.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This sounds like deja vu, except that mine took 2 months to get to me after processing payment, due to a serial number mixup. Here’s the deal: these demo Leica units are not “in stock” at CL, they are in stock at Leica USA. CL has them drop shipped from Leica once you order and pay for them, so the shipping isn’t directly in CL’s control.

Hopefully my Geovid gives me years of faithful service, and is worth the significant hassle I went through to get it in my hands. I hope the same for you.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Doug,

What's the difference between the 40438 and the 40073 other than the external color scheme?

By all accounts they appear to share identical HD-B Edition 2200 specs.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
I am a Swaro guy. Guess I bought the wrong BRAND!!!! I bought mine on May 27th. Credit card was charged on May 29th. Still have not received them or got a tracking #. I was told they are waiting for eyecups and neck straps from Lecia. No full disclosure from Cameraland. It will be the last time I order a pair of Lecia's. If they are not here next week I will call and cancel my order!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Gunaddict; 06/23/18. Reason: .

NRA LIFE MEMBER
OHA LIFE MEMBER
RMEF LIFE MEMBER
*MOLON LABE SKYLA*
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
This sounds like deja vu, except that mine took 2 months to get to me after processing payment, due to a serial number mixup. Here’s the deal: these demo Leica units are not “in stock” at CL, they are in stock at Leica USA. CL has them drop shipped from Leica once you order and pay for them, so the shipping isn’t directly in CL’s control.

Hopefully my Geovid gives me years of faithful service, and is worth the significant hassle I went through to get it in my hands. I hope the same for you.

I’ve heard from a few other guys who ordered within days of myself and no one has them in hand yet outside of ‘Stick who returned his. At the time of my order I was told they would ship within a few days, crickets since......

I’ve called twice and merely been told only that there were unforeseen delays in shipping but no details or estimated ship date. Other guys who pm’d me after my initial reply report they weren’t informed of any delays at time of order (nor was I) but in calling to check on order status were told that the accessories for these are not available so they are delayed.

Several posters here and on a few other boards I frequent are all waiting in limbo as I am.

I can understand delays in the process but it seems slightly disgenuous to advertise them as in house and ready to go if they are actually being drop shipped by the manufacturer and waiting for accessories.

G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
I have had 2 private messages from other guys who have bought the Lecia 2200 HD-B from Camerland about the same time I bought mine. They have not received theirs also.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
OHA LIFE MEMBER
RMEF LIFE MEMBER
*MOLON LABE SKYLA*
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I ordered Model 40438 on 5/26 and they arrived on 6/11. It sounds like I may have lucked out. I did reach out to Doug a week after placing the order, who helped coordinate delivery around my travel schedule. I needed to be available to sign for them.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
I will say that I have very little patience with that kind of marketing. If I am waiting a week before they are even shipped, I'll likely cancel out of the deal. I was under the impression they were in stock at CL.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Good afternoon gentleman,
The 40054's that were posted Friday will ship out on Monday directly from Leica.

The 40049's and 40438's that are on our web site marked "Accepting orders for July Delivery" are in stock and are awaiting the accessory items (caps, straps, rain guards and owners manuals) and will ship as soon as those accessories arrive.
It is not our intention to delay these shipments, however, we want your unit to arrive to you complete.

We have Leica ship these directly for us to save a few days of them shipping to us first.

I will look into the difference tomorrow about the 40073 and 40438 as I cannot figure that out either

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
Doug when I called to order my Lecia's 40049's I was told they were in stock and would ship in 7 to 10 days. Then I called and was told waiting on the accessories from Lecia. No one ever told me I would get them sometime in July. So when does the warranty start? The day my credit card was charged or the day they are shipped?

NRA LIFE MEMBER
OHA LIFE MEMBER
RMEF LIFE MEMBER
*MOLON LABE SKYLA*
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Please PM me your name and ship to address so I can look into your order tomorrow.

Right now we are expecting July delivery (This was posted a week or so ago) I know some orders shipped this past Friday, you might have been one of those.

The warranty starts after it's shipped and if you ever have any issue I am here to take care of that for you. No worries

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug

I will look into the difference tomorrow about the 40073 and 40438 as I cannot figure that out either

Thanks!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug

Right now we are expecting July delivery (This was posted a week or so ago) I know some orders shipped this past Friday, you might have been one of those.

I am in the same boat as GunAddict. When I paid on 06/07 for a pair of 40438’s per our previous pm’s, I was told they would ship within 7 days. I don’t rightfully remember if i spoke to you or Neil at that time. I’ve spoken to Neil twice since then and still have no resolution as to when my pair will ship nor was I ever told their was a delay for accessories. My order was placed prior to the July delivery note on the website.

Per my pm last night, please advise ASAP that my order is indeed for a pair of 40438’s and the expected ship date for them.

Like a fool I sold both of my other pairs of binos to swing these and I need them ASAP to scout for my upcoming hunts.

G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G

The 40049's and 40438's that are on our web site marked "Accepting orders for July Delivery"
This was not on your website when I ordered mine.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
OHA LIFE MEMBER
RMEF LIFE MEMBER
*MOLON LABE SKYLA*
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I want to follow up on my previous posts. I have been in contact with Doug and all of my concerns were addressed to my satisfaction. In fact at this point Doug has went above and beyond to get this fixed for me quickly when the delay isn’t in his shop but with Leica directly and it’s appreciated greatly.

G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
I want to follow up on my previous posts. I have been in contact with Doug and all of my concerns were addressed to my satisfaction. In fact at this point Doug has went above and beyond to get this fixed for me quickly when the delay isn’t in his shop but with Leica directly and it’s appreciated greatly.

What he said.
Thanks Doug

NRA LIFE MEMBER
OHA LIFE MEMBER
RMEF LIFE MEMBER
*MOLON LABE SKYLA*
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks guys. I know the delay is frustrating (for us as well), however, these are amazing units and very worth a little wait.
We are working closely with Leica to fill these orders as quickly & completely as possible

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I ordered one of the HD-R units Doug had for $1099. I can't remember the exact days, but I received my unit within 7-8 days. The binocs seemed to have an issue on the display so I changed the battery and still had the issue (fading out, trouble reading past 8,900 yards) So I contacted doug and he had a response and resolution plan for me within the day. I have sent them back to Leica last week and waiting for them to address as communicated thru Doug.

Doug and CL have been awesome during this purchase and I have nothing but good things to say about them. Hopefully me new Binocs will not have the issue with the lazer/display.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

658 members (12344mag, 19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 64 invisible), 3,291 guests, and 1,315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,486
Posts18,471,860
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.