Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Our former range master and current friend of mine found his father after 57 years of not knowing who he was! He and his second cousin got notifications from Ancestry DNA and 23 and me.
Dan is a heck of a nice guy but is a man of simple means. He's trying to go see his father and sister for the very first time.
I feel he's worthy of your generosity. If you feel like kicking him a couple of bucks on his go fund me account, it'd be greatly appreciated.
https://www.gofundme.com/reunitedforthefirsttime

Thanks,
Larry

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
GB1

Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Yep ballistik I feel the same way. While Dan is now in the system, he was able to connect with family he didn't know about. Their knowledge of family jibes with Dans.

Stupidity is expensive
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I am on there too.

No real matches yet.

I probably won't ever find out.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
It's not hard for the government to obtain your DNA if they wanted it.

I've not done the DNA thing although I've wanted to. I'm one of the irrationally paranoid but someday I might try it. I ain't never done anything that I'd ever be worried about a DNA test foiling my near perfect crime. 😂

Certainly in cases like this the good FAR outweighed any minuscule downside and I'm glad that family can reunite and catch up. Good luck to your friend SRM. 👍

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
Yep ballistik I feel the same way. While Dan is now in the system, he was able to connect with family he didn't know about. Their knowledge of family jibes with Dans.

I've thought about it because in all likelihood, I have kids scattered all over the world.....While in the navy, I didn't have a conscience about such things....

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I am on there too.

No real matches yet.

[quote=Jim_Conrad]

Who are you looking for if you don't mind me asking or are you just hoping that you have some humanoid ancestry......somewhere.....hopefully. 😂

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My wife joined and submitted a DNA test in December. She's German and has had several hits of relatives in Argentina. Hmm.........

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't know how they can pinpoint anything

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
i believe that babies born these days have their dna recorded.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

I've not done the DNA thing although I've wanted to. I'm one of the irrationally paranoid but someday I might try it. I ain't never done anything that I'd ever be worried about a DNA test foiling my near perfect crime. 😂

Certainly in cases like this the good FAR outweighed any minuscule downside and I'm glad that family can reunite and catch up. Good luck to your friend SRM. 👍

Yup. If .gov wants your DNA it'll find it. Unless you burn your hair and toenail trimmings, never drink from a container that you don't retain control of, etc etc. Like you're paranoid a witch'll hex you.

I did the dna thing for curiosity's sake and it was cool. Been many threads on it, don't mean to derail this one. Lots of folks don't because inside they're scared what they find out doesn't match whats written in great granny's bible, and they might not have actually come over on the mayflower lol.

Stories like this one are interesting, I hope it all works out in his favor. Though I'll let it up to him to fund his own adventures. smile

MAGA
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
I'm sure of it Ron

Stupidity is expensive
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
That's very true BGG, my wife said she'll LHAO when mine comes back with some black ancestry. I'm Northern European and happy to stay that way.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
[quote=Jim_Conrad]I am on there too.

No real matches yet.

Who are you looking for if you don't mind me asking or are you just hoping that you have some humanoid ancestry......somewhere.....hopefully. 😂

Biological mother and brother.

I don't think dear ole biological father is in the picture.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

When I retired from the Navy in 1998, there was a military policy that all active duty personnel were required to submit DNA samples to the military. I avoided that requirement and got out without submitting.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Biological mother and brother.

I don't think dear ole biological father is in the picture.

Ingwe is your father, you my friend are descended of royalty!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Jim, That's right.... I remember you mentioning that before. That'd be cool if you could find them, or at least something about them.

......wait..you're a farmer so didn't you just sprout up one day and just keep growing all through your life? 😂

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
First time my wife and I did the DNA search we used some outfit that she found on groupon, the results gave hardly any ethnicity info. They claimed I was 88% white (no kidding) and 12% south African? or some sort of BS.

Complained to Groupon and got a refund, last year we used Ancestry.com and actually have believable results.

50% Great Britian, 30% Western Europe (German), 8% Wales, then 6 other groups in Europe. NO FRICKIN AFRICAN!!

This numbers were exactly what I expected since Mom's family came from German in 1649, Dad's from England 1600's.

So I always wondered how the heck the other site had me as 12% South African, it makes since if they were faking it!.

I selected option to be notified my wife did not. Since then I have traded emails to several cousins on my Dad's side I never knew growing up and found a few on my Mom's. So far very interesting and worth the $$.

Ted
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
Our former range master and current friend of mine found his father after 57 years of not knowing who he was! He and his second cousin got notifications from Ancestry DNA and 23 and me.
Dan is a heck of a nice guy but is a man of simple means. He's trying to go see his father and sister for the very first time.
I feel he's worthy of your generosity. If you feel like kicking him a couple of bucks on his go fund me account, it'd be greatly appreciated.
https://www.gofundme.com/reunitedforthefirsttime

Thanks,
Larry

Would be happy to help out, but I'm not going to use that GoFundMe place ever again...

I helped someone out here on the campfire, who had a family member in cancer treatment..

then kept getting more emails to fund someone else for the next 6 months, 3 times a week....at least...

along with some virus attachments....that I had to deal with...

no thanks for that...

but happy to help out your friend, to see his long lost family.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (12344mag, 1234, 10ring1, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 57 invisible), 2,881 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,798
Posts18,477,446
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.