Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Whomever is paying for jhandy sure ain't gettin' his money's worth.

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Here is an interesting thought. Would you rather the groups/people opposed to hunting and fishing give their money to other groups instead of BHA? say, perhaps, PETA? The Humane Society of the United States? I would be thrilled to death if George Soros gave $10 or $100 million to RMEF!

I have seen quite a few examples of BHA doing habitat projects. I have not seen those opposing BHA give examples of what they do. Are they perfect? Probably not, but by golly I think they do a lot of good.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Yeah, who wouldn't like to direct Soros's dollars to elk hunting, or Koch brothers for that matter.

Handy never did respond to multiple requests for who he supports. He likes to ask questions but not answer them. Esp. when they leave him no legs to stand on. He, like jaguartx and a fair number of others are really interested in problems or solving them. They are only looking to fight. It's all in the battle, not the war. You see that a lot with career activitists of many types. I notice it lots of modern feminist. They want to fight, not win. JH is just a frustrated feminist looking for a new battle ground.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Berettaman
Here is an interesting thought. Would you rather the groups/people opposed to hunting and fishing give their money to other groups instead of BHA? say, perhaps, PETA? The Humane Society of the United States? I would be thrilled to death if George Soros gave $10 or $100 million to RMEF!

I have seen quite a few examples of BHA doing habitat projects. I have not seen those opposing BHA give examples of what they do. Are they perfect? Probably not, but by golly I think they do a lot of good.

I have been a member of RMEF and the Mule Deer Foundation for 20 years. They do real habitat work.
40+ years with the Minnesota deer hunters association. I have spent many a weekend helping them when asked.
30+ years with DU. I have built and put up over 200 wood duck houses and help with woody camps over the years.
15+ years with the Ruffed Grouse Society. I have volunteered my time helping set up and maintaining a lot of the RGMA's in the state over the years.
What the fug have you done other that be a member of a bullchit group?

BHA is no different than the Sierra Club. In fact most of the crap they post on social media is word for word copied from them.
The PolyMet mine is a perfect example. What BHA posted on social media about it was copy and pasted from the Sierra Club and Friends of the BWCA. Even the ultra leftest Minneapolis Star and Tribune had to call the claims they were making as false. Governor Goofy admitted he hasn't seen any scientific evidence that should stop the mine from opening but he keeps caving to the ultra leftist groups and will not sign off on it.

BHA has never had a good word to say about Secretary Zinke and most of the crap they post is once again copy and pasted from the Sierra Club.
Why haven't they said a word about Secretary Zinke announcing this past Monday a proposal to open more than 248,000 acres to new or expanded hunting and fishing opportunities at 30 national wildlife refuges? One would think that is right up their alley but like all the leftest anti Trump A holes they could never give any credit even when it is rightfully due.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Yvon is probably weeping today with a lot more bha donors as WY approved grizzly hunting. Another victory despite the anti's.

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
👍

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J

Oh boy, the Patagonia koolaid drinkers are having a rough couple of days...grizzly hunting, more access (although probably not pristine backcountry required by most). Everyone keep their eyes peeled for hipsters out on ledges...

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Me thinks the political trolls are hot and heavy on this forum. I wonder who's funding them?

Judging from the level of coherence, I'm going with the CCC.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

Oh boy, the Patagonia koolaid drinkers are having a rough couple of days...grizzly hunting, more access (although probably not pristine backcountry required by most). Everyone keep their eyes peeled for hipsters out on ledges...

Not sure which koolaid drinkers you're hanging with but personally I'm in favor of both. Preservation is not a good wildlife management model.

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Im sure

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Just as sure about it as all the other stuff you've posted.

You don't know Jack, son.

Refuges tend to get overpopulated with species like deer, it ain't rocket science.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Oh im sure opening up refuges for more access to hunting and fishing is a great thing. Im also sure the bha loving/zinke haters are sad today.

Im also flattered you think im being paid or funded by some shadowy group (kinda like who funds bha). This is just a non-hunting season hobby.

You dont know jack, but obviously know polesmoke'in, pappy. You go girl

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 05/25/18.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
LMAO, when I said you worked for the CCC, it was a joke Jackson. So don't flatter yourself.

And personally, I don't know any ZInke-haters, but keep making stuff up, it's what you're good at.

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Oh im sure opening up refuges for more access to hunting and fishing is a great thing. Im also sure the bha loving/zinke haters are sad today.

Im also flattered you think im being paid or funded by some shadowy group (kinda like who funds bha). This is just a non-hunting season hobby.

BHA had a press release on the proposal to increase sportsman's access to national wildlife refuges 2 days ago speaking favorably both the proposal and Zinke.

Don't let the facts get in the way of your agenda.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by texag10

BHA had a press release on the proposal to increase sportsman's access to national wildlife refuges 2 days ago speaking favorably both the proposal and Zinke.

Well thats better than the "he stole your land" b.s. from a few months ago. Maybe they learned a lesson...

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by smokepole
LMAO, when I said you worked for the CCC, it was a joke Jackson. So don't flatter yourself.

And personally, I don't know any ZInke-haters, but keep making stuff up, it's what you're good at.

You go girl! Keep fighting the good fight lol

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by texag10

LOL, you mean to tell me, Jackson's just giving us all a Handy?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem
Originally Posted by Berettaman

I have been a member of RMEF and the Mule Deer Foundation for 20 years. They do real habitat work.
40+ years with the Minnesota deer hunters association. I have spent many a weekend helping them when asked.
30+ years with DU. I have built and put up over 200 wood duck houses and help with woody camps over the years.
15+ years with the Ruffed Grouse Society. I have volunteered my time helping set up and maintaining a lot of the RGMA's in the state over the years.
What the fug have you done other that be a member of a bullchit group?

BHA is no different than the Sierra Club. In fact most of the crap they post on social media is word for word copied from them.
The PolyMet mine is a perfect example. What BHA posted on social media about it was copy and pasted from the Sierra Club and Friends of the BWCA. Even the ultra leftest Minneapolis Star and Tribune had to call the claims they were making as false. Governor Goofy admitted he hasn't seen any scientific evidence that should stop the mine from opening but he keeps caving to the ultra leftist groups and will not sign off on it.

BHA has never had a good word to say about Secretary Zinke and most of the crap they post is once again copy and pasted from the Sierra Club.
Why haven't they said a word about Secretary Zinke announcing this past Monday a proposal to open more than 248,000 acres to new or expanded hunting and fishing opportunities at 30 national wildlife refuges? One would think that is right up their alley but like all the leftest anti Trump A holes they could never give any credit even when it is rightfully due.

"What the fug have you done other that be a member of a bullchit group?"

Is this directed at me? If so, you want to see my credentials in outdoor volunteer time?

What the "fug" do I do? More than "helping". RMEF member for 22 years. MDHA member for roughly 20 years. PF member for 24 years. PF committee member for 24 years including holding treasurer for 3 years, VP for a number of years, and chapter president for the last 9 years. Cant tell you how many food plots or tree plantings (thousands of trees) I have done, but it is a lot, typically 5+ per year. A couple pollinator plots installed, one on the high school property. Only 1 prescribed burn. Banquet chair for around a dozen or so fundraisers to financially support a ton more projects. Built and put up quite a few woodie houses. Founder and Executive Director of 2 Youth Outdoor Days with the current one drawing over 2,000 kids annually. Board of Directors and Vice President of a local large conservation organization in which I (we) do a ton of habitat, youth, and other conservation projects that are more numerous than i want to list. FSC instructor for 19 years (although that is not exactly conservation, investing in our youth is pretty important). Guest speaker at over 2 dozen audiences (including schools on various conservation issues). Next time you want to call someone out on something and ask them what the "fug" they do, you better make sure you have something on your resume better than they have. "Helping", although nice and I certainly appreciate your efforts, isn't exactly a place to throw stones from.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
It doesn't sound like anybody has changed their mind with all this chatter, so if you just put it up for a vote, BHA gets a NO from me.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 160user, 62 invisible), 2,426 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,044
Posts18,500,862
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.