-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’m ok with buffet but it depends. Vegas has some great ones.

In High School early 80’s there was a Local Straw Hat that had a bunch a lunch buffet me and two other buddies use to hit during the two aday summer football practices. Oh yeah we left a few messes on the field during the second practice...

MOJO POTATOS FOR THE WIN!!

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
GB1

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Fabulous fair when done well, about as bad as it get when not. I imagine those that don't like it have only tried the bastardized western fair vs. the real deal.

dim sum

[Linked Image]

masters of chicken noodle soup

[Linked Image]

chilli crab

[Linked Image]

458 Lott has it right.
I hate buffets.
Chinese food is one of my favorites.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I refuse to eat buffet anything.

Me too, fuuck Vegas and buffets. That’s a big allure to folks and Las Vegas. Can’t stand buffets

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I avoid buffets, oriental food doesn't hold well. I remember one that wasn't bad, they put out small quantities often so it was reasonably fresh.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Nothing wrong with a buffet.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/58/22/fa/5822fa2517eb12382cddcd6973a38e7d.jpg
I happen to like Chinese food, but a local buffet WAS caught bringing a dead roadkill deer into the kitchen.... wink

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Thats just being a steward of the environment.

Whats worse? Getting your meat from the animal shelter, or the highway?

I ate a road kill pheasant once......

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Thats just being a steward of the environment.

Whats worse? Getting your meat from the animal shelter, or the highway?

I ate a road kill pheasant once......

I, and a few local hunters, are on road kill lists with the sheriff's office. When an accident happens, the next in line gets a call, and has fist option on free venison.

However. Businesses and open shelters require meat that has been certified as passing state and federal standards. (That is where all the "hunters against hunger programs" came from.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As kids me and a buddy used to walk along some country roads around his parents orchards and pick up dead doves and pheasants that would constantly get smacked by the trucks during almond and walnut harvests. Easy to see which ones were fresh and some times tenderized. Quail as well. We had our spots overgrown bushes and trees next to culverts that went under roads. And yeah during actual hunting season we’d pound them from those areas as well. Wild bird buffet.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You know why more crows are killed by trucks than cars?
Because no crow can give a warning cry "truck", "truck"... wink

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Caw caw LOL yeah I get it.

"Maybe we're all happy."

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Haha!

Last pheasant I ate was not a road kill at all, but a house kill.

He flew into the side of the house and died. Scared the hell out of us.

Complete pilot error.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What we need now is somebody else to post the dead deer story. Because four or five posts aren't enough, apparently.

Most of the "Chinese" food we get in the US is akin to the Mexican fare, which is actually Tex-Mex and not really authentic at all. Call the Chines version "Calinese" because it's largely dishes invented in California, not China.

Genuine Asian cooking is superb. And wildly varying, too. From simple and fairly bland like Cantonese to lava-level heat like Northern Thai or Szechuan. Rice-based or noodle-based, seafood oriented or red meat oriented, complex recipes or simple - you can find it all.

Here in Utah, we have the legacy of the Transcontinental Railway. After they drove the golden spike, they laid off thousands of Chinese laborers and the result today is a thousand Chinese restaurants. One on every block, at least. Most of them have surrendered to the Utah palate, in which ketchup is considered hot sauce and chop suey is thought to be authentic Chinese haute cuisine.

We've found and loved several good places here, but as chefs change, so does the quality of the food. I always start with hot and sour soup. That's my yardstick for knowing if the chef knows what he's doing. If he can't get that right, the rest of the meal will be poor - and I won't be back. Our buffets are generally pretty good when they first open. But when they start losing money from the gut filler customers, the quality of the food goes downhill quick. Gut fillers don't care, but we who love good Chinese soon abandon those buffets.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Rocky said what I was going to. Lived in Asia quite a while and it was hard for me to eat so called "Chinese" when I got back. Same with Mexican. Every time I spend a few weeks in Mexico City, it takes months for me to go back to a "Mexican" restaurant here in the US. Kinda like Fried Chicken. There are places up North that claim to have it.....but it is not the fried chicken I know. Just a very pale imitation.

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Go to Charlie's bakery in anchorage if you want to get your chinese food fix on.. used to be a real good place in Bend, Oregon as well but been 20yrs.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Happen to be in mainland China right now and the food is fine

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Could you describe the food Russ?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Sit down restaurants or street type food?

What are you doing in China?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Could you describe the food Russ?

And post some pics.

"Maybe we're all happy."

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

104 members (7887mm08, 35, 69sportfury, AdventureBound, 6mmCreedmoor, 10 invisible), 1,494 guests, and 893 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,515
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.