Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Beav - to my way of thinking, you already have a 26" 26 Nosler, so I would opt for the 20" Creedmoor

Tough to pass up a SS CTR for $882 shipped.

YMMV

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not sure what the big deal is with the 24" model. In the truck mine is 35" OAL. Granted my wife's 20" CTR is 31" OAL. Both are plenty handy. That said the same load in the 24" shoots them roughly 150 fps faster. Not a huge deal but it is a difference for sure. I think both have their merit but if I were to have just one it'd be the 24". I have plenty of other true compact rifles to work with. wink

However, I agree with above if you already have a 26" barrel 26 Nosler then the 20" CTR is a no brainer....especially at $882 shipped!

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
It almost pains me to admit to owning a 6.5 CM but I do. Started as a Rem 700 Ltr that’s been rebarreled with a 20” 1:8 Bartlein marksman contour and badger bottom metal added. Threw a spare SWFA 3-15 ffp mq on it and so far am happy with it. It shoots the Hornady match 140 eld’s Superbly and does the same with 140 bthp’s. I figure I will work up a good 123 load and stick with it long term.

It’s got enough weight to be steady on target but not so portly as to be a pain to carry and should be ideal from the truck.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Matt, I agree, you got a good truck gun. I’m trying a nail down a deal with a guy for a NIB CTR SS 24” for $899. He will entertain a trade but my trades have money coming back my way...If, it works out, supposed to talk Wednesday, I’m gonna go full “Taco Supreme” on the SS with Krylon paint...After, I confirm it makes little bug holes, that is...😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Whelen/lance and Dogshooter...20” is convenient, handy, useful, likely a great passenger in the front seat, but I can’t add length to the barrel if I don’t like it...24” I can start chopping in increments. My “smith” is a good friend after all the years of business and shooting we do...He’ll chop and keep the threads until I like where it’s at....

Question....To all you guys who run “Cans”...Why do you like them? Beside, the obvious advantage of getting multiple shots off on coyotes coming in to calls. And, maybe keeping the volume down on a Pdog town for longer standing targets. What’s the other advantage? I live in as remote of an area as a lot of you. But, even with a “can” i wouldn’t be touching off my 6.5 suppressed in the hood...What gives??? 😎

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Nice trio of quiet killers GTscotty. 😎

“Molon Labe”
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Beaver10
I live in as remote of an area as a lot of you. But, even with a “can” i wouldn’t be touching off my 6.5 suppressed in the hood...What gives??? 😎
Why wouldn't you shoot it "in the hood" ? I shoot .223, .243 .30-06 etc. out my living room window or out the back door all the time and they aren't supressed.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
That’s what I was thinking.............
Everything gets shot without suppression around here.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The 20” CTR is a sweetheart when folded:
[Linked Image]

But so is the Kimber Montana at 7.5 pounds all up. Ran it out to 500 like this last weekend with no issues:
[Linked Image]

As for cans I live in suburbia Alaska so it makes it nice to shoot and work up loads right in the yards as well as get velocity data and such.

I used to be solidly in the “ear plugs are way cheaper” camp but now feel uncivilized when shooting unsuppressed these days. Far from a must have but they are certainly nice IME.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Here’s the best reason I can think of to run a suppressor.....

[Linked Image][/URL]

That’s my latest hearing test.... note the massive dip in it... that’s HF Hearing loss, not damage. That hearing loss sucks. I’m in my early 40’s, if I wanna be able to hear in the future, I need to protect all I’ve got left.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Matt, I agree, you got a good truck gun.

Mark,
I never said I liked the thing, just that it’s in my safe and shoots well. 😉 It came to my via multi gun trade and its future with me is uncertain. If you want it make an offer as I’m surely not attached to it though I do shoot it a little. I’ve got Dies and brass for it as well.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
Here’s the best reason I can think of to run a suppressor.....

[Linked Image][/URL]

That’s my latest hearing test.... note the massive dip in it... that’s HF Hearing loss, not damage. That hearing loss sucks. I’m in my early 40’s, if I wanna be able to hear in the future, I need to protect all I’ve got left.

Yep, My hearing test last week is a smidge worse than yours. Nerve damage left ear. Common being a right hand shooter...Audiologist said I can hear vowel sounds, but consonants sounds, I’m at deaf level. My wife talks in the tone range that I can’t hear. Frustrating for her and me...I’ve been double ear protection for several years now, but damage was done in my mid 20’s. Once done, it’s over. 😎

“Molon Labe”
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

637 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 65 invisible), 2,943 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,849
Posts18,478,459
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.