Originally Posted by Beaver10
Thanks for all the imput you shared on the 6.5 Creedmoor rifles you own...What comes through crystal clear is you all like the cartridge for accuracy, making little clustered holes...I love the 222 Remington cartridge because it’s always been an inherently accurate round. I own 4 rifles chambered in the 222 Rem.

It would be almost “full retard” being a gun-loon to not own a 6.5 Creedmoor. I’m going with a Tikka T3x CTR in blue for a solid truck gun.

Based on what you Tikka owners have said...I can buy it and shoot it without upgrading the furniture, only dropping the trigger down to what I like 2lbs.

Mark 😎

Sounds like a good plan, I've had a 20" .308 CTR since they first came out. The rifle has been an absolute hammer with a few different bullets, and delivered my only honest .25" 5 shot group from a hunting-ish weight rig, with plenty of <.5" groups to round things out. The only two things I would change about my CTR is to have it in stainless instead of blue, and 6.5 CM instead of .308. I ran an SWFA SS 12x on it for years, which worked great for a range gun, but switched to an SS 3-9x this year since I'm probably going to try to use it suppressed for Muleys and maybe Antelope (basically my hunts that won't require long hikes).

In terms of 6.5 factory fodder, both of my rifles have really liked the 143gr ELDx Precision Hunter ammo, in fact it was the load to beat in my Montana. If you want tougher bullets for something like elk, Federal now has a 140gr Accubond factory load that looks a lot like the handload I used last year. I haven't tried any factory loadings of the 127gr LRX, but that bullet really shoots in my handloads, definitely worth a look.

Last edited by Gtscotty; 05/27/18.