Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Yeah, Tikkas are fine, until you have a magazine fall out.....just enough to not cycle a round, from the junky release being tripped by brush. Or having the safety inadvertently pushed off by brush, because the safety is both easy to move and short in stroke. Major negatives that I've encountered with the Tikka T3, which I haven't seen happen with Ruger 77s or Remington 700s.

I must be lucky. Never had an issue with any one of 10 T3s mags not being in battery. Ill go one better. I fired a 280 Remington cartridge in a T3 7 Rem mag. Let's just say it was exhilarating. The bottom of the mag was blown completely out of the rifle. Found it a few ft from the bench. I couldn't locate the rest of the mag. While holding snow on my cheek to take the sting out,I examined the rest of the rifle. The outer magazine was still in tact,and in battery. People have been berating Tikkas plastic mags since their debut. Like I said. I must be one lucky summitch.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."