Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
"BD, seldom does a black and white interpretation such as your serve well in the real world. As an example if we take the "all life is scared" to the extreme you arrive at the conclusion that KFC is equivalent to The Holocaust. "

There is a fair bit of logically naughty equivocation here, BUT I am not scared of it. ;-{>8

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
"BD, seldom does a black and white interpretation such as your serve well in the real world. As an example if we take the "all life is scared" to the extreme you arrive at the conclusion that KFC is equivalent to The Holocaust. "

There is a fair bit of logically naughty equivocation here, BUT I am not scared of it. ;-{>8

Actually, it's slippery slope, not equivocation. The point is, we can have a rational conversation about pre-birth states without the use of black and white fallacies.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by JamesJr
The left and the atheists........one and the same........have succeeded in what they set out to do........destroy Christianity. I hate to say it, but in a few generations religion as we have known it, will no longer be. They have indoctrinated our young people into believing that church is a place they don't need to go, and that the Bible is outdated.

That "outdated" Bible prophecied this, by the way. God help us.

Yes - God help us.
Whatever happened to "You play - you pay."
Resulting in self control.

Society shouldn't be involved in one's "indiscretions" - monetarily.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by mark shubert
The left and the atheists........one and the same........have succeeded in what they set out to do........destroy Christianity. I hate to say it, but in a few generations religion as we have known it, will no longer be. They have indoctrinated our young people into believing that church is a place they don't need to go, and that the Bible is outdated.

Yes - God help us.
Whatever happened to "You play - you pay."
Resulting in self control.

Society shouldn't be involved in one's "indiscretions" - monetarily.

Has it ever really resulted in self control, or just a whole bunch of shotgun/crossbow/shortbow/spear/club, marriages throughout the millennium?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

They haven't destroyed Christianity. Not by a long shot. Throughout history, the church has seen it's greatest growth during times of persecution when believers had to rely more on Christ and not on themselves. It might have to go underground, though. That's nothing new. It's happened before. The chasm between Christ and the world will get a lot bigger but he will win in the end. Right now some of the church's greatest growth is in Muslim countries where simply having a Bible is a death sentence. Muslims are converting in huge numbers.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Owl
Mark, those we my immediate thoughts also.

Hundreds of years of being oppressed. Now with a little "freedom" they've voted themselves into who knows what.

Rather obvious, they have voted that their women should have mastery of their own bodies.

Added; I find it odd that those most enamoured of personal freedom choose to not allow women the same right...and before any point out that there is a fetus involved, yes there is, and it required the effort of a man to put it there.

Last edited by JSTUART; 05/28/18.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
I saw huge groups of women cheering and dancing around when they heard the vote...

Wow, this world is really fugged up.

Western Civilization started down the road to ruin when women got the right to vote. They want the right to murder their offspring AND they want to run the world. That doesn't seem to paint a very bright picture of our future.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by Owl

Hundreds of years of being oppressed. Now with a little "freedom" they've voted themselves into who knows what.

Rather obvious, they have voted that their women should have mastery of their own bodies.

Added; I find it odd that those most enamoured of personal freedom choose to not allow women the same right...and before any point out that there is a fetus involved, yes there is, and it required the effort of a man to put it there.

What about the right of the child?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by Owl

What about the right of the child?

What about it.

And before you get upright and preachy about how human life is sacred...how about saving the lives of the children/people that die around the world after birth before forcing women to do something they do not want.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
That's a self-evidently specious argument.

IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (222Sako, 1234, 12344mag, 219DW, 1OntarioJim, 10gaugeman, 45 invisible), 2,225 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,131
Posts18,483,907
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.