Hop To
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by greydog
Perhaps some have recognized that the addition of more people to an already overpopulated world is not the best answer. Abortion has not taught young people that human life is not important; the sheer volume of human life is doing that. Indeed, a large portion of people who are, in theory, pro-life, are vociferously in favor of the elimination of some human life if said humans are of the wrong color, wrong social standing, or profess belief in the wrong god. I do not necessarily like the idea of abortion and I think pro-active birth control is much more desirable but this is where we are. GD

You mean like some people on this site?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Abortion is not a solution for birth control. It is the killing of a human for convenience' sake.

If there are "too many people" in the world, then those people can use forms of birth control and self-control to not propagate more people. Killing a person after the fact is ridiculous.

Not everyone agree's with your religious definition of person. Nothing in this change says a person must get an abortion, just that government can't make the choice for you.

It's interesting how you support government interference in peoples lives when it furthers your religious beliefs.

So the govt has no legitimate role in protecting humans (their citizens)?

You need to come up with a different schtick than the silly "religious" angle that you always pull, as it has grown old long ago. A person has the right to protection. You would agree on that, I assume. So the only difference is defining when does the embryo/fetus become a human person. That has nothing to do with religion.

Biology, genetics, human experience, and yes religion, all point in the direction of personhood at conception. Stop letting your anti-religious bias color your view of what is the legitimate role of govt in protecting its citizens.

No.

Earlier, or perhaps in the other related thread I mentioned how not everyone agrees on the definition of "person-hood". As for you claim of a universal agreement upon personhood at conception, that claim was thoroughly rebuffed by the recent Irish vote and polls in the U.S demonstrating a wide majority of Americans disagree with you as well.

I never said there's not place for government in the protection of life, just that your definition is in the minority.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Yeah, murder is a great method of population control. SMH.

"Blessed is the man whose wife is his best friend - especially if she likes to HUNT!"

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by bludog

Again,

Not everyone accepts your religious inspired definition.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Murder goes on by the 100's everyday in America, nobody cares about that fact....think of it like shooting button bucks.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Tyrone
I see the globalist Marxist cabal has fooled the Irish into supporting their own genocide in a vote that went 66% to 33% in favor of self-genocide.

Give it 100 years and the Irish won't be recognizable as a people and Ireland won't be Irish.

I don’t think it’s gonna take 100 years.

The only consolation to me is that the vote IIRC was 2:1.

30% opposed to the murder for convenience of the unborn ain’t a trifling minority.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I'm telling you boys, you need to push the 'make prostitution legal' drum, often and loud.

If they want to use 'It's a woman's body' when it comes to abortion, it should apply to taking 3 cocks in a 19 year old's ass for a century note.

I'd vote often and early for legal prostitution.

Every woman sitting on a gold mine...

Its amazing how easy it is for women to be able to find a man to help them out or relieve stress or frustration, compared to how many women are as helpful and accomodating to frustrated men. Women dont care if men live in misery and they are the ones who spend their life bitching as if they had something that had them miserable and itching. wink

Last edited by jaguartx; 05/27/18.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
I'm telling you boys, you need to push the 'make prostitution legal' drum, often and loud.

If they want to use 'It's a woman's body' when it comes to abortion, it should apply to taking 3 cocks in a 19 year old's ass for a century note.

I'd vote often and early for legal prostitution.

Every woman sitting on a gold mine...

Its amazing how easy it is for women to be able to find a man to help them out or relieve stress or frustration, compared to how many women are as helpful and accomodating to frustrated men. Women dont care if men live in misery and they are the ones who spend their life bitching as if they had something that had them miserable and itching. wink

In the same thread, we have old white men bitching about women getting pregnant, and in the same breath, bitching about them giving it up.

What a bunch of hypocrites. All that's left if for this bunch of hypocrites to head down to the basement for a little visual gratification on their way to bed.

Tyrone Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Don't worry.

Your Pope will change that directly.

The last time the Catholic Church had a Pope was 1958.

Concerned about abortion, but not concerned about the pandemic sexual abuse of helpless children...

More than not concerned, actually. Covering for it, and doing it for centuries.

You had better check out your local public school. The rates of abuse by teachers is much higher, and we don't know what has been covered up like the abuse in the UK that we just now are getting a glimpse of.

Politics is War by Other Means
Tyrone Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Let women decide what to do with their bodies, not a bunch of meddling men thumping a bible.

You don't have to be religious to understand the damage abortion does to a society.

I know, "society" is a word the 24/7 me-me libertarian libertines don't get, but maybe when the 3rd World replacement is complete, they'll fondly remember how much they enjoyed things like plumbing, public highways and justice systems.

IC B3

Tyrone Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
I don't need arbitrary women voting on my right to guns, vasectomy, peenis tattoos, anal bleaching, nose job,,,,or anything else I might decide is my business.
You do of course realize that the RKBA depends upon having an orderly, moral society that values their neighbor, right?

If you support the breakup of the family through things like consequence-free termination of family members, you are asking for a police state to be it's replacement.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Don't worry.

Your Pope will change that directly.

The last time the Catholic Church had a Pope was 1958.

Concerned about abortion, but not concerned about the pandemic sexual abuse of helpless children...

More than not concerned, actually. Covering for it, and doing it for centuries.

You had better check out your local public school. The rates of abuse by teachers is much higher, and we don't know what has been covered up like the abuse in the UK that we just now are getting a glimpse of.

I'd like to see some of those numbers for comparison.

Where would I find that?

Teachers DO do that. And go to jail for it, too. There's one difference, right there. Teachers don't have the Pope covering it up for them either.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Again,

Religion has very little to do with my beliefs about killing babies.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

Again,

Luckily my belief that killing a baby in the womb is murder isn't inspired by religion.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Abortion is not a solution for birth control. It is the killing of a human for convenience' sake.

If there are "too many people" in the world, then those people can use forms of birth control and self-control to not propagate more people. Killing a person after the fact is ridiculous.

Not everyone agree's with your religious definition of person. Nothing in this change says a person must get an abortion, just that government can't make the choice for you.

It's interesting how you support government interference in peoples lives when it furthers your religious beliefs.

You need to come up with a different schtick than the silly "religious" angle that you always pull, as it has grown old long ago. A person has the right to protection. You would agree on that, I assume. So the only difference is defining when does the embryo/fetus become a human person. That has nothing to do with religion.

Biology, genetics, human experience, and yes religion, all point in the direction of personhood at conception. Stop letting your anti-religious bias color your view of what is the legitimate role of govt in protecting its citizens.

No.

Earlier, or perhaps in the other related thread I mentioned how not everyone agrees on the definition of "person-hood". As for you claim of a universal agreement upon personhood at conception, that claim was thoroughly rebuffed by the recent Irish vote and polls in the U.S demonstrating a wide majority of Americans disagree with you as well.

I never said there's not place for government in the protection of life, just that your definition is in the minority.

Who gives a flying fugg about so called 'minority'. If you think majority is the litmus for right, then Hillary should be president.

Since you say it is the minority, then aren't minorities the new ruling class?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Tyrone Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

I'd like to see some of those numbers for comparison.

Where would I find that?

Teachers DO do that. And go to jail for it, too. There's one difference, right there. Teachers don't have the Pope covering it up for them either.

As one article I read concluded, nearly ALL organizations try to cover up child abuse. That includes officials like principals and school boards.
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/forgotten-study-abuse-in-school-100-times-worse-than-by-priests
Forgotten Study: Abuse in School 100 Times Worse than by Priests

By James Tillman and John Jalsevac

WASHINGTON, DC, April 1, 2010 (LifeSiteNews.com) – In the last several weeks such a quantity of ink has been spilled in newspapers across the globe about the priestly sex abuse scandals, that a casual reader might be forgiven for thinking that Catholic priests are the worst and most common perpetrators of child sex abuse.

But according to Charol Shakeshaft, the researcher of a little-remembered 2004 study prepared for the U.S. Department of Education, "the physical sexual abuse of students in schools is likely more than 100 times the abuse by priests."

After effectively disappearing from the radar, Shakeshaft’s study is now being revisited by commentators seeking to restore a sense of proportion to the mainstream coverage of the Church scandal.

According to the 2004 study “the most accurate data available at this time” indicates that “nearly 9.6 percent of students are targets of educator sexual misconduct sometime during their school career.”

“Educator sexual misconduct is woefully under-studied,” writes the researcher. “We have scant data on incidence and even less on descriptions of predators and targets. There are many questions that call for answers.”

In an article published on Monday, renowned Catholic commentator George Weigel referred to the Shakeshaft study, and observed that “The sexual and physical abuse of children and young people is a global plague” in which Catholic priests constitute only a small minority of perpetrators.

While Weigel observes that the findings of Shakeshaft’s study do nothing to mitigate the harm caused by priestly abuse, or excuse the “clericalism” and “fideism” that led bishops to ignore the problem, they do point to a gross imbalance in the level of scrutiny given to it, throwing suspicion on the motives of the news outlets that are pouring their resources into digging up decades-old dirt on the Church.

“The narrative that has been constructed is often less about the protection of the young (for whom the Catholic Church is, by empirical measure, the safest environment for young people in America today) than it is about taking the Church down," he writes.

Weigel observes that priestly sex abuse is “a phenomenon that spiked between the mid-1960s and the mid-1980s but seems to have virtually disappeared,” and that in recent years the Church has gone to great lengths to punish and remove priestly predators and to protect children. The result of these measures is that “six credible cases of clerical sexual abuse in 2009 were reported in the U.S. bishops’ annual audit, in a Church of some 65,000,000 members.”

Despite these facts, however, “the sexual abuse story in the global media is almost entirely a Catholic story, in which the Catholic Church is portrayed as the epicenter of the sexual abuse of the young.”

Outside of the Church, Shakeshaft is not alone in highlighting the largely unaddressed, and unpublicized problem of child sex abuse in schools. Sherryll Kraizer, executive director of the Denver-based Safe Child Program, told the Colorado Gazette in 2008 that school employees commonly ignore laws meant to prevent the sexual abuse of children.

“I see it regularly,” Kraizer said. “There are laws against failing to report, but the law is almost never enforced. Almost never.”

“What typically happens is you’ll have a teacher who’s spending a little too much time in a room with one child with the door shut,” Kraizer explained. “Another teacher sees it and reports it to the principal. The principal calls the suspected teacher in and says ‘Don’t do that,’ instead of contacting child protective services.”

“Before you know it, the teacher is driving the student home. A whole series of events will unfold, known to other teachers and the principal, and nobody contacts child services before it’s out of control. You see this documented in records after it eventually ends up in court.”

In an editorial last week, The Gazette revisited the testimony of Kraizer in the context of the Church abuse scandal coverage, concluding that “the much larger crisis remains in our public schools today, where children are raped and groped every day in the United States.”

“The media and others must maintain their watchful eye on the Catholic Church and other religious institutions,” wrote The Gazette, “But it’s no less tragic when a child gets abused at school.”

In 2004, shortly after the Shakeshaft study was released, Catholic League President William Donohue, who was unavailable for an interview for this story, asked, “Where is the media in all this?”

“Isn’t it news that the number of public school students who have been abused by a school employee is more than 100 times greater than the number of minors who have been abused by priests?” he asked.

“All those reporters, columnists, talking heads, attorneys general, D.A.‘s, psychologists and victims groups who were so quick on the draw to get priests have a moral obligation to pursue this issue to the max. If they don’t, they’re a fraud.”

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H

No.

Who gives a flying fugg about so called 'minority'. If you think majority is the litmus for right, then Hillary should be president.

Since you say it is the minority, then aren't minorities the new ruling class?

Gotta love statists/commie/Marxists.

Definitions in arguments change on a whim, self-service rules the day.
The only thing I see here is responsibility (the topic does not matter), needs to be funded by others (its definition called theft), to fund bad decisions and bad behavior. Dilly dilly....

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H

Again,

Spoken like a Nazi. Good job!

The next step is to make others PAY for these "medical procedures"....not everyone accepts the statist definition; some people still consider it theft.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by HawkI

Again,

Spoken like a Nazi. Good job!

The next step is to make others PAY for these "medical procedures"....not everyone accepts the statist definition; some people still consider it theft.

Really...you had to resort to "Nazi".

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
You have a better example of statists [bleep] on definitions?

I really get a kick out of some missing the elephant in the room, and its not the threat of missionaries in Uganda....

Last edited by HawkI; 05/28/18.
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (1badf350, 10ring1, 1234, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1941USMC, 45 invisible), 1,815 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,002
Posts18,520,503
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.