Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Pat85
Just another women competing on the top mens level failure. Iam sure she would be very good competing in a all women race circuit.

She always reminded me of allowing women in combat in the military.

Yeah, they may be OK.

But in some things, OK ain't gonna cut it.

As long as we kick out all the males that can't cut it either.... I"m good.

OTOH 28th or so in the nation and if I was, and you told me I sucked, I'd ask about how damn high is your ranking? LOL

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Danica had 191 Cup starts, 7 top ten finishes, 1 pole, and is tied with me for top 5 finishes and wins at 0.

She ran 53,561 laps and led 64 of them. grin

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Where did Lyn think she was going to go with this off the race line move .

Not sure where you’re going with this. Doc Bundy wrecked all three of them with that punt from the inside lane. Turned two others upside down and set Lyn on fire.

Last edited by calikooknic; 05/27/18.

Sean
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by sawbuck
Danica had 191 Cup starts, 7 top ten finishes, 1 pole, and is tied with me for top 5 finishes and wins at 0.

She did a bit better in an Indy car.
A win in 2008 (first by a woman) and was sixth that year overall.
In 2009 she was 5th in the rankings and had a 3rd place finish in the Indy 500.
Not stellar but I'd say she did OK.
Just was never a good fit in NASCAR.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

One comment was that her nickname is "Crashica" That's funny right there!

- Rogue
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Good looking gal, but a not so good race car driver......and she was given every chance, and then some, to prove she could cut it. She didn't, and that's that.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
Originally Posted by sawbuck

She did a bit better in an Indy car.
A win in 2008 (first by a woman) and was sixth that year overall.
In 2009 she was 5th in the rankings and had a 3rd place finish in the Indy 500.
Not stellar but I'd say she did OK.
Just was never a good fit in NASCAR.

And; she set a record for finishing 50 consecutive Indy races.

Four other drivers spun out with no warning at the same spot yesterday; including Helio.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Switch
I like her. Do any of you bleacher sitters really think you could drive these cars at her skill level or compete heads up with her? I doubt it!

Let's talk about her skill level. Just about any week you can look at the standings, and there she is in 20th to 25th place. She's piled up more cars than a demo derby driver-many of them her competitors. She's just not a good driver. She gets sponsorships because she's very cute, not because she can win races. There's a lot of young up and coming drivers out there who'd kill to have a fraction of the opportunities she's had. But they don't look good in a photo shoot, so they lose out.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Good looking gal, but a not so good race car driver......and she was given every chance, and then some, to prove she could cut it. She didn't, and that's that.

She was a novelty. That's how she got sponsors. I'm sure it was mutually beneficial.

A male driver with the same record wouldn't have gotten a fraction of the money thrown at him.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

She was a novelty. That's how she got sponsors. I'm sure it was mutually beneficial.

A male driver with the same record wouldn't have gotten a fraction of the money thrown at him.

Yep, a guy with her record would have been washed up years ago.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Yep, a guy with her record would have been washed up years ago.

Yes exactly, they just kept her around to lure some women fans to the sport and to prove that they had nothing against women racing, it was kind of a marketing tool.

Too bad she didn't do better, a lot of those wrecks were not her fault, but heck fire when you run every week at mid pack or further back your going to get caught up in that mess on a regular basis.

Last edited by BIGR; 05/28/18.

NEVER GIVE UP
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by sse
what a bunch of a-hole comments you'd all hit it and you know it

Of course we would. The point however is that post-coital tenderness would NOT involve buying her a 200+ MPH car.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
She actually won a race at Japan in an Indy Car, lead a Indy once and showed some promise at times. There re other ladies that struggle to find sponsorship like Pippa Mann. Mainly because they did not go the swimsuit route to get noticed. Danica went for it and then felt she was unfairly treated. That is where I dislike her. She is the Anna kournikova of motor racing. Limited to passing talent , but good looking enough to get attention..........

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (222ND, 1OntarioJim, 1badf350, 257Bob, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 2500HD, 56 invisible), 2,469 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,906
Posts18,518,578
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.