-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 38 of 85 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 84 85
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
25 mile ride with two big climbs. Buddy and I "ride our age" every year so I need to ramp up my mileage a bit here to get ready for a couple 50+ mile rides. I've been focusing more on 25-30 miles (of a tough route) over pure distance. Gotta work on my taint callouses <g>......

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
GB1

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
10 mile hike with 20 lbs or so. All above 10k and finishing at 12k. I need to have snacks with more carbs and sugars, Justin's peanut butter packs are great for calories/oz, but they don't do much when you're running out of energy.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I like to spread Justin's on a Probar or something similar, tasty and a good combination of fast and slow burning calories.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Got my gardens, medicinal* and otherwise, prepped today. This involved much rototilling and emptying and spreading two large bins of compost I've been working on since last year. BOOM! Organic matter and nutrients. Just add sun and Alaskan fish emulsion. Let it grow.

Dang tired from head to foot so I'll log it as a workout.

*topped 8' last year. Going for 9'! grin

Gee golly what type of medicine are you growing?

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Ran 3 miles this morning, trying to get back into running, mainly since my last surgeon said I wouldn't run again.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Yetti
Ran 3 miles this morning, trying to get back into running, mainly since my last surgeon said I wouldn't run again.

One of the great favors in life is being told you can't do something. Go get it! smile

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Did a quick hike with the kid and the wife Sunday - felt good to get the boots on again. Too many people though... damn the nice weather.

First open water swim of the year yesterday. A cold half mile, but it went ok after I got the goggles to stop leaking.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Jeff, what kind of elevation change do you have in your hill route? I have to say, the 60 mile day a few weeks ago was rather unkind to the junk.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Cardio today, 30 minutes on the stair machine, then 15 on the bike.

The endorphin trick wasn't working today.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by cwh2
Jeff, what kind of elevation change do you have in your hill route? I have to say, the 60 mile day a few weeks ago was rather unkind to the junk.

Yeah..... I hate riding the flats. Very hard on all the contact points. I need to be able to get up off the saddle a bunch or, as you say, bad things happen.

Strava says ~2400 feet of elevation gain in the 27 mile route. It's a there-and-back; the profile looks like this:

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Jeff_O; 05/29/18.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B3

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Worked on Memorial Day so yesterday I did a Crossfit "Murph" work out. Not an impressive time, but got it done and felt good about it. This morning I put on my weight vest and took the dogs for a five mile poop patrol. Humid! This afternoon will be burpees with double push-ups and lunges.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I’m alive; sore but alive smile 15 brave folks toed the line this year, but only two finished (both had rafts)- I wasn’t one of the two. With record snowpack and record stream flows, it just wasn’t going to happen. The snow slows you down, but it’s the treacherous fords that turn you around.

We made it about 95 miles (including about 15 miles to a bail out point)- I think we made it the furthest of anyone, besides obviously the two finishers.

I’ll get some pics up later; I’m on an extended feeding frenzy right now laugh

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
So I’m guessing you didn’t gain weight during the Bob?

Ed T

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Lol...
Welcome back warden - sorry to hear you didn't make it. Deep/fast water freaks me out.

Jeff, judging from the chart alone, that looks like a fun ride. I'm due for some lower gears on my road bike - just don't have the power to run the top end of what I've got, so will be interested to see how much difference that makes in the hills.

1/2 mile swimming today. Several 100yd sprints, then a few slower laps to round it out. Tapering off for a sprint triathlon on Sunday.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Yesterday:

Stairmaster: 15min warm-up

TNation: Squats, Curls.

Roll-outs and Siatica stretches.

Then in walks this late 70's early 80 YO little lady and she does some stretching along with light weights. Then places a mat down and starts doing planks. Elbow planks for just over a minute on the watch. One arm planks for 30 seconds each side. And she does 5 sets of each. Then she grabs a 20 pound weight and starts doing sit downs on the bench. Maybe 20, rests a minute and 20more. Repeats a third time. I looked at her and clapped and she just smiled. When I left to get ready for work she was still at it.

Today: 50min walk/jog with Merlot
30min Concept2 row

Last edited by battue; 05/30/18.

laissez les bons temps rouler
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by battue

Then in walks this late 70's early 80 YO little lady and she does some stretching along with light weights. Then places a mat down and starts doing planks. Elbow planks for just over a minute on the watch. One arm planks for 30 seconds each side. And she does 5 sets of each. Then she grabs a 20 pound weight and starts doing sit downs on the bench. Maybe 20, rests a minute and 20more. Repeats a third time. I looked at her and clapped and she just smiled. When I left to get ready for work she was still at it.

...today she's telling her knitting circle about the young punk that was ogling her....

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Ed_T
So I’m guessing you didn’t gain weight during the Bob?

Sounds to me like the main thing he expanded was his pain threshold.....

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by battue

Admit it, you were scoping her glutes.

Lower body today. I know how it feels to be ogled by younger members of the opposite sex.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Cyn and I hiked 5-6 miles in the Coast Range looking for a new way to hook into that closed road we'd found that we liked. We found an unofficial trail that I think got is onto it. Either that or it was the next sidehill road up the ridge (we came from above). Steeeeeeep. So steep it was nearly impassable going down. I was wishing I had my walking stick. Cyn forgot her trekking poles and was also kicking herself. Going back up was much better; I'd rather huff up something steep than battle my knees going down!

The reason we are trying to find a way to access this old road is that it's in some neat forest. Mature woods, lots of little cricks; it was logged, but a long time ago. Here's Cyn and the mutts checking out an ancient cedar stump.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Jeff_O; 05/30/18.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by cwh2

Jeff, judging from the chart alone, that looks like a fun ride. I'm due for some lower gears on my road bike - just don't have the power to run the top end of what I've got, so will be interested to see how much difference that makes in the hills.

It's a great route. The climbs are brutal, but then you get the downhills to recover. No traffic. Shade. Couple sections are just plain stupidly steep. Proper gearing is crucial. I'd have to look to be sure but I think the biggest sprocket on my cassette is a 34, maybe even a 36.... it's 6800 Ultegra (11-speed) and there's an Ultegra climbing cassette that's awesome. My Roubaix came with it.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Page 38 of 85 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 84 85

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (1lessdog, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 1lesfox, 73 invisible), 2,568 guests, and 1,332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,515
Posts18,509,484
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.