Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by sharp_things
I grew up on a potato farm. We ate potato salad often. Im reading comments here from rookies mentioning that they peel their potatoes for salad. Dont be that guy. If your using new potatoes (young with thin skin harvested from under living vines) you leave the skin on. You only peel mature potatoes with thick skin but then that sort of potato is not suitable for potato salad to begin with. The new potatoes are better suited due to the flesh and the high sugar content that has not yet be converted to starch and how they stay waxy when boiled vs chalky and crumbly as mature spuds do.

Its clear that southerners dont know their potatoes so its good that there are knowledgeable northerners to educate you and bring rebs up to speed. (on this and a whole host of things)

use mature spuds for other things like the worlds longest french fries.

[Linked Image]

When we make potatoes, we dont mess around.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Even better paired with fish.

[Linked Image]

I am glad that you are able to set us southerners straight on potatoes and the use of Miracle Whip. I wound not feed my worse enemy Miracle Whip, it is equivalent to Dog Sheet, I never have nor ever will use anything but DUKES.

I am thankful the rebs you refer to are not as stupid as you may think.

Last edited by rrconductor; 05/31/18.

CO School of Trades, Gunsmithing, '76
Clemson University '74
Go Tigers
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by rrconductor
I am glad that you are able to set us southerners straight on potatoes and the use of Miracle Whip.

Im just glad I was here to help set you straight.

I wound not feed my worse enemy Miracle Whip, it is equivalent to Dog Sheet, I never have nor ever will use anything but DUKES.

Does this come with a southern decoder ring? I hope your wound heals and that the mixture of dog sheet and dukes aid in healing. wink

Its hard to take anything from rebs serious since they disqualify themselves in the culinary arena knowing they choke down and settle for things like grits, okra, sweet tea, greens, poke salad, etc. This tells me they settle for poor quality eats so its understandable that their pallet is not refined enough to enjoy M.W. so they tolerate mayo and Dukes.

Last edited by sharp_things; 05/31/18.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
I like to boil some extra potatoes when I boil shrimp or crawfish just for potato salad. They pick up the spicy flavor from the boil water. I use mayo, a little yellow mustard, a lot of boiled egg, a little celery, green onion, and chopped pickle. Of course salt, pepper, and a little cayenne and / or paprika, maybe a shot of crystal hot sauce.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I am glad that you are able to set us southerners straight on potatoes and the use of Miracle Whip.

Im just glad I was here to help set you straight.

I wound not feed my worse enemy Miracle Whip, it is equivalent to Dog Sheet, I never have nor ever will use anything but DUKES.

Does this come with a southern decoder ring? I hope your wound heals and that the mixture of dog sheet and dukes aid in healing. wink

Its hard to take anything from rebs serious since they disqualify themselves in the culinary arena knowing they choke down and settle for things like grits, okra, sweet tea, greens, poke salad, etc. This tells me they settle for poor quality eats so its understandable that their pallet is not refined enough to enjoy M.W. so they tolerate mayo and Dukes.

All those mentioned above are the ingredients used by the south's best chefs to serve to the people from the north that come to visit, not to forget the abundant seafood that comes from the seas here.

I still have my decoder ring from Duke's sandwich shop I got back in the '50's, tells me to never go above the Mason Dixon line and enjoy what we have.

It's all good ya'll have your pluses and we have ours, everyone is proud of what they have, be it north or south.

CO School of Trades, Gunsmithing, '76
Clemson University '74
Go Tigers
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I still have my decoder ring from Duke's sandwich shop I got back in the '50's, tells me to never go above the Mason Dixon line .

Yes, I think that would be for the best. You may not be able to handle the climate. You have to be pretty tough to survive up here.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Southerners are proud, Northerners are arrogant.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Wrong again. (we have come to expect that. )

Proud Northern boy by the grace of God.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I still have my decoder ring from Duke's sandwich shop I got back in the '50's, tells me to never go above the Mason Dixon line .

Yes, I think that would be for the best. You may not be able to handle the climate. You have to be pretty tough to survive up here.

Being from the exact same climate, I don't find it to hard to dress for the weather, put wood in the stove or turn the thermostat dial. Lmao

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
we use to do the old fashioned tater salad. basically, taters, mayo, chopped dill pickles, eggs, mustard, onion. it was good.

nowadays, we usually just buy the stuff from krogers that they label as egg & mustard tater salad. it's good, and cheap enough.

speaking of climate, i don't know that i could endure the cold, white north. on the other hand, we pay for it with hot & humid, which today is.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
You do seem to know potatoes. But using the words "Miracle whip" and culinary in the same conversations? I have heard of people "making their own mayonaise," but have never heard of same in regards to Miracle whip. Perhaps it is like cheap hot dogs? Most of us dont WANT to know what is in them. Let alone eat them.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 458 Lott

Have To say I resent that.

But then you live wayyy further north than I. wink

I have ME & I thing on ignore, only read the reposts, or go back to see what stupid thing just got him bieotich slapped, again.
Anyway polar bears aren't far enough north for his arrogance.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Lorin
You do seem to know potatoes. But using the words "Miracle whip" and culinary in the same conversations? I have heard of people "making their own mayonaise," but have never heard of same in regards to Miracle whip. Perhaps it is like cheap hot dogs? Most of us dont WANT to know what is in them. Let alone eat them.

Mayo + sugar = MW.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by 458 Lott

I am both.

Well, Proud and Arrogant.

I am MAGA.
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
The old 'fire, even potato salad can start a fight, food fight.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Yeah, you would think we were a bunch of wops.

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by wabigoon
The old 'fire, even potato salad can start a fight, food fight.

I don't see a fight. I see folks receiving and education about better quality foods and them rebelling out of tradition. Many or most are most likely using MW having received an education here but they don't want to admit it. Im cool with that. Im just happy to have been able to show them the light. wink

They don't have to suffer mayo any longer and if I played a role in improving their situation, Im just happy to have been here for them..

Last edited by sharp_things; 06/01/18.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
[Linked Image]

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Yeah, you would think we were a bunch of wops.

Eh-hem we prefer the term Dego-Americans.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
[Linked Image]

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Who gives a FUQK about the marmot.....

Qued on my Amazon Prime watch list.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 10ring1, 61 invisible), 2,626 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,295
Posts18,525,805
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.