Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Hey guys I'm looking for a good affordable African outfitter to do a plains game hunt for around 3500 I got some info from her bingaut from safari hunting Africa. Don't really know how good his places are but it looked really nice and was able to do a inclusive for around 3200 with waterbuck gemsbuck springbuck and blesbuck. Any help would be appreciated. How do these outfitters take deposits by some sort of bank transfer?
Thanks for looking and your help
Kyle

GB1

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I think you got in a rush when you typed "from her bigaut from safari hunting Africa". Can you point us to the website?

I usually do a bank transfer.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
All I can say is, be careful when choosing an outfitter. We were all "first timers" once, and we didn't know what we didn't know. Saving a few bucks is fine, however.........

My chosen outfitter in Namibia (Kowas Safaris) takes credit cards..

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
$3200 for a Waterbuck, Gemsbuck, Springbuck and Blesbuck, day fees incl?

Last edited by KMGHuntingSafaris; 06/02/18.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Professional Hunter and Outfitter
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia
http://www.huntsafaris.co.za
[email protected]
B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
https://www.safarihuntingafrica.com/author/jd/ I'm trying to find an affordable package with a great experience, he said all inclusive

IC B2

B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
How's this discount Africa hunts website?

G
GRF Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
Looks ridiculously cheap, too good to be true.

A good experience will cost you far more than the $3200 quoted.

Talk to Marius about his pricing for hunt like you have described, that will give you a fair price for a very good experience. You are better to save a bit longer spend a little more cash and have a great experience than go super cheap and get ripped off.

Slow do and do some proper research.

B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
That's what I'm thinking

B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
How's this discount Africa agent

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
As already said, that sounds too cheap for all inclusive. Waterbuck trophy fees are typically around $2k and gemsbok around a $1k. Do your homework on the Outfitter. There are tons of good deals out there and it will be easy to find one with a great outfitter. You'll be out way more than $3500 on a bad hunt in Africa. Africahunting.com is a great resource to find outfitters. I believe KMG, who responded to your post, is active there and has a great reputation.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Check out Authentic African Adventures. Hanno is the bosses name. I have hunted with him once with my wife and again a couple years later with a friend. He has always been very good. His food and accomidations are very good. Pick up at JBerg airport was right on time and his PH's know their stuff. JJHack on this site used to be a contact for AAA and can set up a good hunt. I think you are kidding yourself about the price you want to pay but if yu can get it that cheaply, more power to you. By the way, Hanno also set up a great tour of Kruger Park for us too.

Rolly
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't know about your wish list for that price. We have done a few plains game hunts with Pieter Kriel (http://huntinginafricasafaris.com/) and have been very pleased.

I have used cash, travelers cheques, and bank transfers. Now days I use TransferWise when sending money.

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Maybe we should have asked up front -- is this price for a trophy hunt or a cull or female hunt? Did you ask the outfitter this?

B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Trophy

BMD Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
PM sent I will be in Africa June 12 with Schenk Safari in eastern Cape will have pics posted daily while hunting. I sent you pm with information.

Scott

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Rose and I have been over to SA twice with these folks, we highly recommend them, tell them Patrick and Rose sent you. You are looking for an all inclusive safari, the only extra expense is your airfare to SA and tips, which are optional. Good luck. Patrick http://www.kolobesafaris.co.za/

Retired Deputy Sheriff, 30 years gunsmithing and grip making, full time stag grip maker for 22 years.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
First, pick the country you want to hunt. If you are looking to go for lowest price, then South Africa is probably best choice.

Then ask on this forum and accuratereloading.com for names of reputable outfitters that experience hunters on these forums know directly. I would not recommend just going with someone you find on the internet.

Then read all you can about preparing for your first safari, gear, etc.

Then practice with your rifle, practice off sticks. Your main responsibility as the client is to be able to shoot well out to 200 yards, but personally I would reccomend to 300yds.

Take your time, do your research, use 24hour and AR.

B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
I meant JD blignaught from safari hunting Africa in my earliest post

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by TxHunter80
As already said, that sounds too cheap for all inclusive. Waterbuck trophy fees are typically around $2k and gemsbok around a $1k. Do your homework on the Outfitter. There are tons of good deals out there and it will be easy to find one with a great outfitter. You'll be out way more than $3500 on a bad hunt in Africa. Africahunting.com is a great resource to find outfitters. I believe KMG, who responded to your post, is active there and has a great reputation.

Yaa...... I think he needs to add a few more and there will be close to 50 reports posted over last few years, one of mine is in there(Posted here too).

https://www.africahunting.com/threads/kmg-hunting-safaris-hunt-reports-the-compendium.30094/

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Namibia is generally quite a bit less than South Africa and gov is much more stable..Look at some newspapers on line of those countries....Game is more likely to be wild and un fenced also...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 66 invisible), 2,470 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,593
Posts18,492,188
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.