"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
GB1

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by BayouRover
A man who defends himself in court is almost as foolish as a man who doctors himself.

Almost, but not completely as foolish....... Get real medical help if its needed.

But maybe being smart enough to realize when its needed is where some people trip up?

Doctor's mistakes are one of the leading causes of death (maybe the leading cause). I get a yearly physical (mainly for a PSA test) from my primary care Doctor, get no vaccines for anything and have a yearly check up from my cardiologist because of my high cholesterol level. The cardiologist just checks my blood pressure/heart rate and we talk, I don't take statin drugs because I can't tolerate them. Every year my primary care Doctor tries to talk me into taking a statin drug, the flu vaccine, the pneumonia vaccine and the shingles vaccine. I know when I need to go to the doctor but that is usually a visit to the emergency for an injury that requires stitches.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Not much more painful than a rib injury. Most of the time there is nothing you can do but let it heal but in this case, you should probably go see a doc.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Avoid black pepper at all costs.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by victoro
[quote=BayouRover]A man who defends himself in court is almost as foolish as a man who doctors himself.

Almost, but not completely as foolish....... Get real medical help if its needed.

But maybe being smart enough to realize when its needed is where some people trip up?

Doctor's mistakes are one of the leading causes of death (maybe the leading cause). I get a yearly physical (mainly for a PSA test) from my primary care Doctor, get no vaccines for anything and have a yearly check up from my cardiologist because of my high cholesterol level. The cardiologist just checks my blood pressure/heart rate and we talk, I don't take statin drugs because I can't tolerate them. Every year my primary care Doctor tries to talk me into taking a statin drug, the flu vaccine, the pneumonia vaccine and the shingles vaccine. I know when I need to go to the doctor but that is usually a visit to the emergency for an injury that requires stitches.
[/
Statin drugs would have keep me away from a triple bypass. A whole lot of discomfort I'll tell you. Couple of friends complained about statins, me I just tell them STFU and show them my chest and leg.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by victoro
Originally Posted by BayouRover
A man who defends himself in court is almost as foolish as a man who doctors himself.

Yeah. The average life span for men has essentially doubled in the US in the past 100 years because of lowyers. whistle

Im sick of so many women dying in childbirth now days, and all the kids dying of whooping cough, dysentary, smallpox, polio, measles, tetanus, appendicitis, diphtheria, mumps, diarrhea, diabetes, allergies, and men dying of impa
cted teeth, sinus infections, gangrene, infected pimples, .....

Last edited by jaguartx; 06/11/18.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I like my doctor but it took a little bit for us to get on the same page. I had to finally remind her that none of us get out of this alive.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Not much more painful than a rib injury. Most of the time there is nothing you can do but let it heal but in this case, you should probably go see a doc.

In my experience, Rooster has this right. Due to several sports injuries and some foolhardy moves while hunting or working, the rib separations/displacements have been big hurt for quite a while, and there is nothing much to be done except wrap and don't aggravate. Although no bouts for a few years, pneumonia was a regular visitor for a while and know it can be life-threatening stuff - so do the antibiotic routine as directed and rest as much as possible. Don't hesitate to extend the antibiotic course if you do not clear up completely. Some docs like to apply prednisone simultaneously if pulmonary functions are badly compromised.

If a doc has not seen your rib issue, a visit would be the best move - just to be sure. That said, the two biggest (by far) injuries/threats in my life were both caused by doctors.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Personal experience here - see a doctor.

In May I fell and broke 7 ribs, rwo of them were broken in two places. At the time of the fall I knew I had broken some but I was just taking Ibuprofen and putting up with the pain, on day three after the fall my brother stopped in, he took one look at me and said - "you are going to the emergency room".
They X-rayed me and found I had a lacerated kidney, and the kidneys were being to fail because of the creatinine buildup in them, also I was developing pneumonia from not being able to breath deeply enough due to the broken ribs.
I was Life-Flighted to the nearest hospital that was able to handle major trauma and a week later I was beginning to feel better.

p.s. - they no longer tape ribs because it impairs the breathing which in turn can cause pneumonia - now it is just be careful until they heal up.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Even bruised ribs take a minimum of a month to not hurt like hell every time you move wrong or even breathe, for that matter.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by drover
Personal experience here - see a doctor.

In May I fell and broke 7 ribs, rwo of them were broken in two places. At the time of the fall I knew I had broken some but I was just taking Ibuprofen and putting up with the pain, on day three after the fall my brother stopped in, he took one look at me and said - "you are going to the emergency room".
They X-rayed me and found I had a lacerated kidney, and the kidneys were being to fail because of the creatinine buildup in them, also I was developing pneumonia from not being able to breath deeply enough due to the broken ribs.
I was Life-Flighted to the nearest hospital that was able to handle major trauma and a week later I was beginning to feel better.

p.s. - they no longer tape ribs because it impairs the breathing which in turn can cause pneumonia - now it is just be careful until they heal up.

drover

And 75 years ago you would have been history. Glad you werent born too early in history.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Thank you. Although some folks complain about how it is not like the "good old days" in many cases that is a good thing.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Had pneumonia twice. Nothing to mess with. Stay on top of it and see your doc.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"all the kids dying of whooping cough, dysentary, smallpox, polio, measles, tetanus, appendicitis, diphtheria, mumps, diarrhea, diabetes, allergies, and men dying of impacted teeth, sinus infections, gangrene, infected pimples"

Are you talking about the USA or the whole world? I never heard of any kids dying of anything you mentioned before the forced vaccinations we have now. I took the polio vaccine twice (because I was terrified of ending up in an "iron lung"), was vaccinated twice for small pox and had a few tetanus shots over the years after some injuries. I never heard of a man who died of any of the things you mention ever in my 75 years. My paternal Grandfather had diabetes late in his life and took insulin shots but died of undetected prostate cancer at 89. Most of my ancestors lived to be in their 80's back when the life expectancy was 35 or so and a couple of them lived to be over 100. They just worked hard and ate healthy food. Most of the of the generation of my parents, aunts and uncles died from poor health caused by nicotine addiction, mostly cancer and lung disease (no heart attacks) . Both my parents and almost all of my Aunts and Uncles started smoking back when all the movie stars smoked and Doctors were making cigarette commercials.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (222ND, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 222Sako, 2500HD, 62 invisible), 2,488 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,607
Posts18,511,623
Members74,007
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.