Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wanna know what's their fascination with butt holes?

"I'm bored. I know! Let's travel several dozen light years to Earth and do some anal probing and cut the bung holes out of their farm animals. And make some doodles in their crops too. Yeah, that'll mess them up."

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I won't discount it.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Scotty, why are you “Not Buying It”? Astronauts, Military Pilots, and America aviators have seen them and watched them perform impossible turns, stops, hover, and hit G force acceleration beyond the abilities of any craft built today or our bodies could sustain. That Doesn’t mean it couldnt have been developed by another species that found a way to harness gravity as a propulsion engine. We haven’t done it, doesn’t me it hasn’t been created...Give it time Steelhead. 😎

One 'theory' I heard was that UFO's were using earths magnetic field as a propulsion system. That might explain why they would bother coming .

I did see something several years back that had me wondering. Saw somewhat of a repeat years later.

Not sure what to think of all this.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
us post-modern humans, what with our modern rational brains on top, and the old reptilian brain down underneath. it was quite the design wasn't it? no tellin' what the designers will learn from this advanced design and what new & improved designs it will soon lead to.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Big Foot lives

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jaguartx

A few of those were very impressive.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They're just interstellar farmers checking the livestock. Fortunately, we're not ready for harvest yet.

[Linked Image]

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
If an object flies and it's unidentified, it's a UFO.
That what the acronym means.

Are they space craft from NASA, the Air Force, other governments, other planets or a demonic dimension?
I don't know.

Maybe none of the above.

Maybe all of the above.

I think it's safe for me to say that there are far more things about the world and the universe I don't know than what I do know.

I think I could say the same about all of mankind too.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If extraterrestrials are visiting us they’re probably not using linear travel as we think of it. Folding space is the way to go (without using mélange for the Dune fans, or maybe they do). Think of two points at each corner of a piece of paper. You could draw a line from one to the other which could represent 1000 light years, or just stay where you are in 3 dimensional space, fold the paper (space) so the two points touch and bingo! You’re there.

Or maybe they could be using linear travel? I once wrote a little program to see how long it would take to reach the speed of light at a 1g Earth normal acceleration, 16 fps/second. You would be traveling 186,000 miles per second in a bit over three days. You could go faster but the stress of +1g on our bodies might be a bit much over extended periods*. If the aliens' planet was bigger or smaller than Earth which is likely, their "1g" would allow their bodies to withstand a bit more or less acceleration. However, Einstein says weird things happen as you approach C and that gets above my pay grade so I’m thinking folding space is the way to go.

But this is all just fun speculation. There are absolutely, positively, no aliens visiting Earth. And if you think you’ve seen one I’ve got a little flashy thing I want to show you. Sincerely, Agent K.

*this doesn't take into account inertial dampeners. But if an alien technology has managed to cancel out basic laws of physics they can probably travel any damn way they want.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
They're just interstellar farmers checking the livestock. Fortunately, we're not ready for harvest yet.

[Linked Image]

Yeah that was a spooky one. One of the best of the series.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
Tucker had an interesting interview on the topic

http://www.foxnews.com/person/c/tucker-carlson.html

I was driving home a couple weeks ago and there was a report on the radio that Navy pilots were sent off a carrier to check out a UFO that played with them for a while then disappeared. It seemed to be in the vicinity of a carrier fleet for a few days. I tried to find a reference to link but couldn't. I did find this one that happened a few months ago to two commercial pilots. I'd hate to guess at how many thousand sightings there have been by commercial and military pilots around the world. Many go unreported. Millions saw the display over Mexico City a decade or two ago. UFO's are out there. Just not sure what "they" are.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/29/us/arizona-pilots-ufo-sightings/index.html

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by szihn
If an object flies and it's unidentified, it's a UFO.
That what the acronym means.

Are they space craft from NASA, the Air Force, other governments, other planets or a demonic dimension?
I don't know.

Maybe none of the above.

Maybe all of the above.

I think it's safe for me to say that there are far more things about the world and the universe I don't know than what I do know.

I think I could say the same about all of mankind too.

The problem is that anytime someone without tip top clearance actually has a sighting, someone with a black business suit comes along and wipes his memory of it with a small device he carries in his inside jacket pocket.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dryfly24
This is one of those topics that really interests me and that in general people are hugely ignorant about. The only reason people ridicule those who seriously delve on them and on the topic as a whole is because beginning in the late fifties/early sixties, the government came up with the tactic of using public ridicule and embarrassment to keep people from openly and seriously delving into and discussing the subject.

They were so successful that up until the recent public disclosures, it was virtually unheard of to see any press coverage on the matter, without the person covering the story making some sort of snide comment or snicker, to show that he wasn't really taking it seriously - God forbid someone should think so and there goes his career down the tubes. That's how it was for countless folks, especially press people and pilots who came out in the open with stories.

This is a subject matter that has been around a long time. They lump it in with Bigfoot and Nessie as though it is all in the same mythical genre. But those in the know, know it's real, and are at loss as to how to deal with it because the technology so far exceeds ours that there isn't really anything they can do about it.

My personal feeling on the matter is that it is extra terrestrial, but pretty benevolent in nature. They are merely beings like us that have had more time to perfect their technology and it enabless them to go and study places different from their own. Much as we do when we go to the amazon or Africa or any number of other exotic places to study indigenous people, flora and fauna.

I guess that makes me a looney. Go ahead fire away...

I am glad you spoke up. A few years ago, I would have said paranormal things were part of someone's imagination. After living in my current house, I am a believer. What this did for me was open my mind to the possibility of other things too. I think man falls into the trap of believing we know and understand everything. We have only scratched the surface as to what there is to know.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by barm
This is one of those topics that really interests me and that in general people are hugely ignorant about. The only reason people ridicule those who seriously delve on them and on the topic as a whole is because beginning in the late fifties/early sixties, the government came up with the tactic of using public ridicule and embarrassment to keep people from openly and seriously delving into and discussing the subject.

They were so successful that up until the recent public disclosures, it was virtually unheard of to see any press coverage on the matter, without the person covering the story making some sort of snide comment or snicker, to show that he wasn't really taking it seriously - God forbid someone should think so and there goes his career down the tubes. That's how it was for countless folks, especially press people and pilots who came out in the open with stories.

This is a subject matter that has been around a long time. They lump it in with Bigfoot and Nessie as though it is all in the same mythical genre. But those in the know, know it's real, and are at loss as to how to deal with it because the technology so far exceeds ours that there isn't really anything they can do about it.

My personal feeling on the matter is that it is extra terrestrial, but pretty benevolent in nature. They are merely beings like us that have had more time to perfect their technology and it enabless them to go and study places different from their own. Much as we do when we go to the amazon or Africa or any number of other exotic places to study indigenous people, flora and fauna.

I guess that makes me a looney. Go ahead fire away...

I am glad you spoke up. A few years ago, I would have said paranormal things were part of someone's imagination. After living in my current house, I am a believer. What this did for me was open my mind to the possibility of other things too. I think man falls into the trap of believing we know and understand everything. We have only scratched the surface as to what there is to know.

That's the problem with man. He judges things by the standards available to him at the time, and has a hard time envisioning the possibilities the future might hold.

I love how people say that interstellar travel is impossible because of the vast distances, resources and time required to achieve it. And it is for us in this present day and time - but does anyone honestly think that we know it all right now? That there isn't some aspect of advanced physics, propulsion and materials that we are utterly and absolutely ignorant of? Maybe as was pointed out, they do fold space and don't even need to travel at light speed. Maybe there is something else possible that we haven't even dreamed up yet that makes distances and time a non-issue?

The "vast amount of resources necessary" argument is just plain ridiculous. Vast amount for us, how the hell do we know what it takes for them?

The other argument I hear all the time is "why would they come here?". My answer to that is "Why wouldn't they?" Why did, and do we travel to some far flung little village in the middle of the jungle to study ants and local tribal societies that are basically still living in the Stone Age? I'm sure if you ask those guys they'd say the same about us.

I'm sure everyone who says these things realizes that if you could travel back in time to any given points our history, that the people back then found things we can do today "impossible". Yet they say the same today about what could turn out to be a far older civilization, far more advanced than ours because they've had that much more of a head start. Imagine our present day military capabilities vs. that of any other 100 years ago. How about 500 or thousand years ago?

There are more stars than there are individual grains of sand on our planet - far more. Each one of those stars probably has a number of planets orbiting them. Up until a few years ago, scientists weren't even sure of the existence of planets outside our own solar system- which I always found laughable - simply because they hadn't observed them directly.

Open your minds people. . .

Last edited by Dryfly24; 06/11/18.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Scotty, why are you “Not Buying It”? Astronauts, Military Pilots, and America aviators have seen them and watched them perform impossible turns, stops, hover, and hit G force acceleration beyond the abilities of any craft built today or our bodies could sustain. That Doesn’t mean it couldnt have been developed by another species that found a way to harness gravity as a propulsion engine. We haven’t done it, doesn’t me it hasn’t been created...Give it time Steelhead. 😎

One 'theory' I heard was that UFO's were using earths magnetic field as a propulsion system. That might explain why they would bother coming .

I did see something several years back that had me wondering. Saw somewhat of a repeat years later.

Not sure what to think of all this.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
This^^^ .King George nor George Washington nor Daniel Boone ever concieved of travelling 50 mph. Why-because they couldnt. It was impossible. Rational people dont believe in things that are impossible to them. Yet, many on earth believe life after death is possible. Why? Because it is.

Not long ago people thought they would not be able to survive breaking the sound barrier or going to the moon.

I expect travel in vehicles using the power of magnified elector-magnetic field forces would allow the type of travel that some have witnessed by UFOs.

Last edited by jaguartx; 06/11/18.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't know about that..., I saw Daniel Boone jump off cliffs into rivers to escape the injuns! He probably came close to 50mph!!!

All for now....

I'm outta here!

[Linked Image]

DMc

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
...That's the problem with man. He judges things by the standards available to him at the time...

...and calls it science, declares it absolute, and worships it.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by 5sdad
...That's the problem with man. He judges things by the standards available to him at the time...

...and calls it science, declares it absolute, and worships it.

Those are lieberals. They may have been a part of mankind once, but no more.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (16gage, 1Longbow, 22kHornet, 160user, 2500HD, 10ring1, 64 invisible), 2,505 guests, and 1,173 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,741
Posts18,495,096
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.