Home
Posted By: 2ndwind So.... UFO are real? - 06/10/18
Tucker had an interesting interview on the topic

http://www.foxnews.com/person/c/tucker-carlson.html
Posted By: Hancock27 Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/10/18
Of course UFOs are real; it's an UNIDENTIFIED FLYING OBJECT, Something goes by but you don't know what; it's an Unidentified Flying Object.
Now are flying saucers and Alien Spaceships real? I doubt it, Why would an Alien life form visit earth, just to laugh and shake their heads?
Posted By: Tracks Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/10/18
Real what?
Posted By: Dryfly24 Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/10/18
This is one of those topics that really interests me and that in general people are hugely ignorant about. The only reason people ridicule those who seriously delve on them and on the topic as a whole is because beginning in the late fifties/early sixties, the government came up with the tactic of using public ridicule and embarrassment to keep people from openly and seriously delving into and discussing the subject.

They were so successful that up until the recent public disclosures, it was virtually unheard of to see any press coverage on the matter, without the person covering the story making some sort of snide comment or snicker, to show that he wasn't really taking it seriously - God forbid someone should think so and there goes his career down the tubes. That's how it was for countless folks, especially press people and pilots who came out in the open with stories.

This is a subject matter that has been around a long time. They lump it in with Bigfoot and Nessie as though it is all in the same mythical genre. But those in the know, know it's real, and are at loss as to how to deal with it because the technology so far exceeds ours that there isn't really anything they can do about it.

My personal feeling on the matter is that it is extra terrestrial, but pretty benevolent in nature. They are merely beings like us that have had more time to perfect their technology and it enabless them to go and study places different from their own. Much as we do when we go to the amazon or Africa or any number of other exotic places to study indigenous people, flora and fauna.

I guess that makes me a looney. Go ahead fire away...
No.

The idea that ET needs any sort of tin can 'craft' to traverse space and time is so idiotic it's difficult to put into words.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/10/18
Originally Posted by Dryfly24
This is one of those topics that really interests me and that in general people are hugely ignorant about. The only reason people ridicule those who seriously delve on them and on the topic as a whole is because beginning in the late fifties/early sixties, the government came up with the tactic of using public ridicule and embarrassment to keep people from openly and seriously delving into and discussing the subject.

They were so successful that up until the recent public disclosures, it was virtually unheard of to see any press coverage on the matter, without the person covering the story making some sort of snide comment or snicker, to show that he wasn't really taking it seriously - God forbid someone should think so and there goes his career down the tubes. That's how it was for countless folks, especially press people and pilots who came out in the open with stories.

This is a subject matter hat has been around a long time. Theynlump,it in with Bigfoot and Nessie as though it is all in the same my hicsl genre. But those in the know, know it's real, and at loss as to how to deal with it because the technology so far exceeds ours that there isn't really anything they can do about it.

My peons always feeling on the matter is that it is extra terrestrial in nature, but pretty benevolent. They are merely beings like us

that have had more time to perfect technology and it enables s them to go and study places different from heir own. Much as we do when we go to the amazon or Africa or any number of other places to study indigenous people, flours and fauna.

You are a brave man to open yourself up to the criticism of those who know everything.
Posted By: DMc Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/10/18
They probably sell seats to visit Urth....
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/10/18
Originally Posted by 5sdad

This is a subject matter hat has been around a long time. Theynlump,it in with Bigfoot and Nessie as though it is all in the same my hicsl genre. But those in the know, know it's real, and at loss as to how to deal with it because the technology so far exceeds ours that there isn't really anything they can do about it.

My peons always feeling on the matter is that it is extra terrestrial in nature, but pretty benevolent. They are merely beings like us

that have had more time to perfect technology and it enables s them to go and study places different from heir own. Much as we do when we go to the amazon or Africa or any number of other places to study indigenous people, flours and fauna.

You are a brave man to open yourself up to the criticism of those who know everything.

laugh

They'll be along shortly.
Posted By: 2ndwind Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/10/18
The World's stage is currently so bizarre.... I figure ET is filming it and posting clips to his version of YouTube...
Posted By: Bwana_1 Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/10/18
In short, yes.

I'm a staunch conservative with an open mind so I'm kind of used to it... laugh
Posted By: HilhamHawk Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/10/18
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
The World's stage is currently so bizarre.... I figure ET is filming it and posting clips to his version of YouTube...

Like the South Park episode where they discovered that we were just an alien reality show?

Posted By: gonehuntin Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/10/18
Until Pres. Trump has an Alien Summit (one-time shot!), no.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Hancock27
Why would an Alien life form visit earth,?

For the unchecked Anal Probing, obviously.
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
No.

The idea that ET needs any sort of tin can 'craft' to traverse space and time is so idiotic it's difficult to put into words.

I seriously doubt they're made of tin, but to satisfy my curiosity, could you please explain why the idea is so "idiotic"? I'm genuinely interested to know why you would think so?
No.

I seriously doubt they're made of tin, but to satisfy my curiosity, could you please explain why the idea is so "idiotic"? I'm genuinely interested to know why you would think so?

I dunno, I just do. It just doesn't seem rational to me...you don't travel millions of light years in a flying tin saucer. Sounds like a really bad 1940s B movie to me.

I frankly don't see how you live in the liberal nest Las Cruces has become.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

I frankly don't see how you live in the liberal nest Las Cruces has become.

I moved here less than two years ago. Birds of a feather really do flock together so I just don't see it much within my own social sphere since we all pretty much think alike. The neighbor directly across from me is a flaming liberal university professor, but actually a really nice person otherwise. We just don't talk about politics. The neighbor to the side of me is as far right as they come. They give each other a lot of schitt, but it's fun to watch and good natured.
Some of them there are not so "good natured"...

I was in the neighboring county of Otero for many years. Nobody ever got elected that wasn't republican there. smile

The difference in those two counties can be traced back to the Oliver Lee/Albert Jennings Fountain incidents somewhere around 100 years ago.

Hell, they are still harboring hard feelings. If you pay attention around town, you'll see the hatred they have for Otero County and the Lee's..

http://articles.latimes.com/1998/jun/07/local/me-57369
Posted By: fester Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/10/18
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
In short, yes.

Your sig makes me laugh. Cream in your mouth? Lmao...
Posted By: fubarguy Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/10/18
Of course they are!
Where do you think Paddler came from?
Posted By: hanco Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/10/18
I saw one once, Everclear had nothing to do with that.
Posted By: watch4bear Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/10/18
The Tlingit's are their chosen people

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Some of them there are not so "good natured"...

I was in the neighboring county of Otero for many years. Nobody ever got elected that wasn't republican there. smile

The difference in those two counties can be traced back to the Oliver Lee/Albert Jennings Fountain incidents somewhere around 100 years ago.

Hell, they are still harboring hard feelings. If you pay attention around town, you'll see the hatred they have for Otero County and the Lee's..

http://articles.latimes.com/1998/jun/07/local/me-57369

Good story, thanks for the link. One of my buddies from work is a New Mexican whose family has been in the area for generations. He told me a bit about it as well as some of the lore about Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid. I've actually seen the site where Billy and his buddies hid out from a posse and scratched their names into the side of a cliff.

Very interesting place to live with a lot of cool history...

And just to add to, and not derail the thread, I've seen some amazing things as well on a couple different occasions, which I see what sparked my curiosity. When I did I was always with other people so I know I wasn't imagining it like someone will always say.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/10/18
+1 for ET roll"n the skies in a "Cherried" out space mobile...Some astrophysics said there are more stars in all the galaxy's than there are grains of sand on every beach in the world combined. Space is vast, mostly unexplored and mathematically probable, that life is out there is some form.
Originally Posted by Beaver10
+1 for ET roll"n the skies in a "Cherried" out space mobile...Some astrophysics said there are more stars in all the galaxy's than there are grains of sand on every beach in the world combined. Space is vast, mostly unexplored and mathematically probable, that life is out there is some form.

I'll never understand why people think that's so preposterous. It would be harder to believe the opposite of that imho...
I believe that our government has said there are no life forms that have visited Earth. To (too) many, that is all that it takes to become gospel.
No.

I dunno, I just do. It just doesn't seem rational to me...you don't travel millions of light years in a flying tin saucer. Sounds like a really bad 1940s B movie to me.

I dunno either, maybe we should ask the Apollo astronauts. . .
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/10/18
Read the book of Esther in the Bible and substitute Jesus in the role of Esther. That makes Haman, Satan, and the King, God. When the king held a festival, there were 127 princes from all the provinces in attendance. Get back to me when you figure out what that book is really about. wink wink
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Read the book of Esther in the Bible and substitute Jesus in the role of Esther. That makes Haman, Satan, and the King, God. When the king held a festival, there were 127 princes from all the provinces in attendance. Get back to me when you figure out what that book is really about. wink wink

I trust you. For the sake of brevity and to continue the conversation, why don't you you just explain it to me?
We are the aliens. They aren't "visiting" us. They brought us.
Posted By: cisco1 Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/10/18

I have been hit by UFO's when driving my truck...........twice.
Posted By: Huntz Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/10/18
Actually Aliens are real.They are brain suckers.They abduct select women when they are pregnant.They suck half the brain out of the embryo.When the child is born it is either a woman or liberal.Proof positive!!! shocked
Posted By: blanket Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/10/18
ask Gus
No.

They could be unmanned alien probes, i.e., sans pilot, similar, but more sophisticated, than the ones we've sent out to other worlds. Their launch date could have been fifty or a hundred years ago.
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/10/18
The problem is there is NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER that any UFOs originate with extraterrestrials.

In nearly all, or perhaps all, cases, they have a ready explanation. I have personally seen, on two occasions, white saucer-shaped objects which turned out to be light reflections (from a small plane in one case and gliding sea gulls in another) distorted by glass windows,

In 1999 a large bright bolide (meteor) came across our region. People were calling into the radio station talking about seeing windows in it and black helicopters following it.

Then there were the crop circles, started by two hoaxers in the UK. Even after they explained the hoax and how they did it, people continued to think they were flying saucer landings.

And even if, in a few cases, we cannot explain the objects, there is no reason to believe they are "flying saucers" or any such thing.
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
The problem is there is NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER that any UFOs originate with extraterrestrials.

In nearly all, or perhaps all, cases, they have a ready explanation. I have personally seen, on two occasions, white saucer-shaped objects which turned out to be light reflections (from a small plane in one case and gliding sea gulls in another) distorted by glass windows,

In 1999 a large bright bolide (meteor) came across our region. People were calling into the radio station talking about seeing windows in it and black helicopters following it.

Then there were the crop circles, started by two hoaxers in the UK. Even after they explained the hoax and how they did it, people continued to think they were flying saucer landings.

And even if, in a few cases, we cannot explain the objects, there is no reason to believe they are "flying saucers" or any such thing.

When my older brother was only about six, our older cousin (I think he was like fourteen at the time) used to scare him with stories of flying saucers and aliens which gave him terrible nightmares. My folks convinced my older brother than there were no such things as flying saucers and aliens, so the next time our cousin tried to scare him with those stories, my brother told him in no uncertain terms that he knew there weren't any such things. Older cousin replied, "Well, maybe, but you never know." That was enough to reignite my brother's nightmares. grin
Posted By: ringworm Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/10/18
My Uber sceptical wife saw one last night. Traveled in a straight line for 4-5 seconds at what she perceived as "plane speed" then stopped on a dime, made a 90° turn at double previous speed went backwards instantly then took off at ludicrous speed.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/10/18
“Rendlesham Forest” was a compelling military installation encounter, with eye witnesses without an agenda including the commanding officer of the facility seeing a light “probe” just meters away from them...Lighthouse explanation didn’t hold water. The military guys were and still are spooked and two suffering from a form of radiation sickness...😎
Posted By: wabigoon Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/10/18
Vintage "campfire. This might go on for a while.
“Rendlesham Forest” was a compelling military installation encounter, with eye witnesses without an agenda including the commanding officer of the facility seeing a light “probe” just meters away from them...Lighthouse explanation didn’t hold water. The military guys were and still are spooked and two suffering from a form of radiation sickness...😎

There are countless stories with verifiable data and evidence to back up the accounts credible witnesses. The vast majority of people never dig into these things so they believe the nonsensical cover stories and thirty second blurbs reported by the media. All of it is out there for anyone interested. You just have to be smart enough to separate the wheat from the chaff. There are also a bunch of kooks and charlatons that are in it just to make a buck.

As Reagan once said. It's not what you know, it's what you think you know that isn't true that'll get you. Most skeptics are comfortable in their knowledge that the world is exactly the way it appears and all things are as have been told to them since they were born.

It's getting harder to hold back the truth and the government is slowly but surely letting the info trickle out now. The stories you see Tucker covering are just the beginning. It'll be funny to see these die hard skeptics reactions the day the bubble bursts and they find out that maybe things aren't exactly as they appear.
Posted By: Border Doc Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/10/18

I have lived in some places that were, shall we say, remote. I have seen crop circles and mutilated animals and some other bizarre and unexplainable phenomena. I am at a loss to understand these events, so I file those memories away, realizing that some things are beyond my imagination or faith. I have been very disappointed in the "explanations" supplied by the military or the alphabet agencies. They seem to make it Job #1 to come up with a total BS story for what I witnessed or have openly questioned my sobriety or veracity. After a few episodes I have quit worrying about what I have seen and keep that information to myself. New Mexico has clear skies and wide open spaces, more Enchantment than I ever imagined, and some truly baffling events.

The UFO Museum is only a few hours away by car. Maybe minutes by other transport devices, but I'm not telling.

Check out the Picacho Gun Club if you have not already done so. They sponsor shooting events and training, plus most of the cleanup labor for the Butterfield Range west of town. They are 100% NRA and take extra care to include kids in their programs. Rockinbbar is sure correct about the Las Cruces politics and I am pleased to no longer worry about what wild tax scheme will be next. Elvis has left that building.

If you are regarded as a raving kook, PM me so I can stand beside you and offer psychological support. I must be seeing things, too.

The last two posts were excellent.
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/10/18
I have lived in some places that were, shall we say, remote. I have seen crop circles and mutilated animals and some other bizarre and unexplainable phenomena. I am at a loss to understand these events, so I file those memories away, realizing that some things are beyond my imagination or faith."

So why would that make someone think you're a kook?

But...why would anyone immediately jump to the conclusion that such things were the work of extraterrestrials?
Posted By: stevelyn Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/10/18
Originally Posted by Tracks
Real what?

That is the real question.

This is a subject matter that has been around a long time. They lump it in with Bigfoot and Nessie as though it is all in the same mythical genre. But those in the know, know it's real, and are at loss as to how to deal with it because the technology so far exceeds ours that there isn't really anything they can do about it.

My personal feeling on the matter is that it is extra terrestrial, but pretty benevolent in nature. They are merely beings like us that have had more time to perfect their technology and it enabless them to go and study places different from their own. Much as we do when we go to the amazon or Africa or any number of other exotic places to study indigenous people, flora and fauna.

I agree. If it wasn't real, why were all the govt files that have been released thus far, so heavily redacted?
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
No.

They could be unmanned alien probes, i.e., sans pilot, similar, but more sophisticated, than the ones we've sent out to other worlds. Their launch date could have been fifty or a hundred years ago.

Yeah, and I could be the creature from the Black Lagoon.

But, if you were, you wouldn't believe it.
They're using our sun to refuel...

DMc

Left at East Gate

I think you're right....but I doubt actual aliens are manning the craft....probably really advanced robotics with really advanced AI....the distances between star systems is so great, that it's hard to comprehend...I heard on one of the science shows that our earliest broadcast radio waves have only gotten as far as like the third or fourth closest star to earth...
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
I doubt actual aliens are manning the craft....probably really advanced robotics with really advanced AI....the distances between star systems is so great, that it's hard to comprehend...I heard on one of the science shows that our earliest broadcast radio waves have only gotten as far as like the third or fourth closest star to earth...

https://www.space.com/35796-trappist-1-alien-planets-travel-time.html

Better find a wormhole....
Posted By: Gus Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/10/18
the un in their infinite wisdom, or lack of it, have appointed a extraterrestrial liason officer. just in case, i suppose that in a last minute spacecraft landing on the whitehouse lawn they don't want to be caught off guard by the world's media people.

more seriously, the history channel has been running a series on extraterrestrials for about 11 or so seasons now. a lot of redundant stuff, but still it captures our attention.

they have explored the subject from extreme angles that the people from the heavens put us here, that they've sent us help in the way of abraham, noah, moses, buddha, etc. etc. to help guide us.

they've also taken the view that astrophysicists have in some cases decided that if there are ET's, then they are leaving us alone as in the Zoo hypothesis, and also in the jungle theory. and they could change their minds and intervene.

then they've considered them, the ET's as the watchers.

who knows, but it makes for some interesting conversation. artbell used to keep up with it to the best of his abilities.

the X-files were developed specifically to prepare us gently for the awakening, no?

"Klaatu barada nikto!"
Posted By: renegade50 Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/10/18
http://www.nuforc.org/webreports/048/S48681.html

Fugg it ....
And yes my typing and punctuation left alot to be desired.
Still does....

Seen the show unsolved mysteries channel surfing one night.
A woman in Nevada described the same exact triangle craft to a T.
And I decided to make the report 26 yrs later.
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/10/18
Yes there are millions of galaxies with millions of stars each in this universe. But each solar system is on its own geological clock. Just because an intelligent life for has Co e to exist on this rock at this point in time, does not mean there are any other intelligent species in the universe, AT THIS point in time.

Millions of intelligent species could have arisen and become extinct over the last billion years while the Earth was cooling and life evolving here. A million more intelligent species may vary well come and go in the universe in the next million years after Man has become extinct. Heck, in another 10 million years there might be an intelligent species on Earth, which was not descended from Man.

Point being, the vastness of space, coupled with the vastness of the geological time line makes it exceeding unlikely that two sentient species shall ever occupy the same space at the same time. There are lots of stars out there, yes. But very few of them are on the same point of the time line as we are.

I do not believe any UFO is the reult of intelligent extraterrestrial life visiting Earth.
Posted By: 700LH Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/10/18
Originally Posted by Tracks
Real what?

UglyFO
Posted By: jaguartx Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/10/18
I believe that our government has said there are no life forms that have visited Earth. To (too) many, that is all that it takes to become gospel.

Yes, and at the same time have strict policies for dealing with UFOs, or did when my late uncle was a Major in tbe Strategic Air Command and stationed at Alamogordo.

Another kook.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...d-24-rockets-UFO-flying-East-Anglia.html
Originally Posted by renegade50

Fugg it ....
Still does....

Was this it?
https://www.express.co.uk/news/weir...n-seperate-sightings-just-24-hours-apart
Posted By: ol_mike Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/10/18
From 24 campfire: Strange things in thewoods.
The
Strangest things ive seen in the woods.

A white weasel of some sort frollicking in the snow by my elk stand years ago, no.

I was watching the bobcat stalk up to the whitetail doe and 2 fawns as I sat in the live oak above them with my recurve Ben Pearson Hunter near Refugio, Texas in the late Sixties before my micro-flight 7(?) with a Ben Pearson Razorhead hit it in the neck at 7 yds., no , I forgot, it was when

Larry (Buck) Wright, and I climbed up in the big mesquite a half hour before daylight on his grandmas ranch on the fence that separated it from the famous O'Conner spread that ran from near Victoria to Refugio and down to near Austwell and Tivoli and Bayside in the gulf Coast.

We faced the Gulf and bays to the S.East awaiting daybreak and with my bow secured I shut my eyes to rest and hasten the misery of awaiting the experience of screwing up on getting an arrow in the chest of a big brush country buck heading back into the security of the essentially unhunted O'Conner Empire which rivaled the famous King Ranch to the south and east.

As I drifted into slumber brought on by the inability to sleep the Friday night before while getting gear tuned, Larry (Buck Wright) elbowed my left set of ribs and said, "Hey, what is that?" I was pissed as I opened my eyes looking SEast toward the bays and Gulf and saw a lighted area strung out a few degees long and just above the earliest rays of the dawn. I said, "airplane" and resumed my doze.

A few minute or two later Larry elbowed me and retorted, "That ain't no [bleep] airplane, look!" I did and saw the strangest sight a person could comprehend.

Coming directly over us were three Pastel white objects exactly the same color as the moon which was up and laying in the sky to the west and behind us and in the direction the three flying saucers were headed. They subtended an angle almost as large as the moon and each was trailed by a hazy mist I estimated to be about 5-7 times as long as the objects they emitted from. Theybwere not perfectly round but were slightly oblong. There was absolutely no sound whatsoever and as they passed by us by about 45degrees to the west they gently faded out of sight before our very eyes and while we were looking at them.

Later I deduced they had curved bottoms and had no lights we could see other than the reflection back to us from the elevated rays of the soon to rise sun to our east. As the objects circumvented the earth to the west, the suns rays were actually blocked from them by the curvature of the earth and they faded from view.

We looked at each other in amazement and each said, "Did you see that?" at the same time. It took me awhile to figure out what had happened and that earlier my dx of airplane was influenced by the fact that they were low and to the east and the reflection of them to us, and the hazy vapor or dust trail each left behind was colored and looked like 3lights adjoined due to the reflection coming to us through the lower atmosphere, and is what gives the perception of color to the yellow full moon seen just above the horizon.

As the dark gave way to dawn a flock of migrating geese passed over two apparent Neanderthals sat in a fenceline mesquite wi

Last edited by eyeball; 09/07/12.

Continued ). fence line mesquite with bows in hand and neck hair on end, waiting on our previous dream of a dead buck and wondering about the relevancy of our importance in the great scheme of things.

I have told this story to only a handful of people on this earth due to the fear of ridicule some turds on the fire shall shortly henceforth spew, but, the OP asked and i told. Besides, I'm getting old and don't give a [bleep].

Naysayers can feel free to go back and research the articles from 'The Corpus Christy Caller" Sunday editions of October 1966 when I was a senior or Oct '65, and research the Sunday news stories of all the airline pilots that reported the sightings of the UFOs passing buy on their early morning flight into and out of Corpus, particularly incoming flights from Brownsville, that early Saturday morning a long time ago, before I had ever killed a deer with my bow.
Posted By: fester Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/10/18
Originally Posted by ol_mike

Lmao
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/11/18
One would think, that a civilization capable of crossing interstellar space at speeds many times faster than light might have developed radar absorbant paints for their flying saucers. You know, just a bit of stealth tech.
Posted By: DMc Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/11/18
Well if they're sucking up our sun, do you really think they give a ratsazz what it might do to us? I'm with the guy above that suggested advanced AI.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/11/18
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Fugg it ....
Still does....

Was this it?
https://www.express.co.uk/news/weir...n-seperate-sightings-just-24-hours-apart

The one i seen was a solid triangle, not a chevron shape.
The one i seen was a solid triangle, not a chevron shape.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_triangle_(UFO)
Posted By: jaguartx Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/11/18
The Bible explains that there will be strange sightings in the heavens but not to worry about them. He also said the heavens are His and the earth His footstool, but the earth was given to the sons of men.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...noredirect=on&utm_term=.7d20dd5becfc
Posted By: stevelyn Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/11/18
The Bible explains that there will be strange sightings in the heavens but not to worry about them. He also said the heavens are His and the earth His footstool, but the earth was given to the sons of men.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...noredirect=on&utm_term=.7d20dd5becfc

Yes, but what sort of strange sightings? In this day and age when we routinely send machinery and people into space, seeing a piece of machinery in the sky, even though it might not be of earth origin, isn't such a strange sight at all. Curious, yes. Especially when said piece of machinery exhibits physics-defying speed, acceleration and flight characteristics well beyond the abilities of our (Earf) technology. Strange? No.

Context, time period and audience matter.
From your mouth to Gods ear. wink
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/11/18

I trust you. For the sake of brevity and to continue the conversation, why don't you you just explain it to me?

Read it. Princes from 127 provinces within the kings realm.

*I'll tell you what I did.

I was intrigued by the book of Esther so I started asking around. Pastors, leaders, Bible bookworms. I got the usual explanations, it was about Jewish history and holidays, etc. But I kept reading it and thinking there is something more here, I can almost see it, but I know there is something more to this book. Frustrated? maybe not the right word, I prayed to God (this was a Tuesday night) that I desperately wanted to know what the book of Esther was about. And I earnestly did want to know.

Again on Thursday night I had a strong desire to know, to really know, what is this book about. I prayed again, very sincerely and earnestly this time, and I had a revelation while I was praying, to substitute Jesus into Esther's role, and read the book again.

That was all I got, out of the blue. No grand explanation, just that. It required more study, but now with different eyes. I'm not saying anyone else will have the same understanding, but at that time, that's what happened to me.

Example-

Mordecai asks Esther to go before the King and plead for her people the Jews (as Jesus goes before the father and intercedes for us). Esther says go and fast for three days and I will do the same, then I will go before the king. (Jesus was in the tomb for three days). Many many other examples but back on topic, the princes from 127 provinces at the feast has relevance to this conversation when the book is interpreted in this way.

Read it.
Posted By: Taco2fiddy7 Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/11/18
At one time people knew the earth was flat (some still do). People knew our solar system revolved around earth. And people know we're alone in the universe...

Far too much out there for us to be the only ones.
Posted By: Bwana_1 Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/11/18
Yep, they're out there...and we best hope they don't get pizzed.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/11/18
I ain't buying it. No one is traveling the speed of light, or faster, which is what would be needed to do any kind of space travel.

But then people believe we go to some type of Disneyland in the clouds after we die. Well, only those that have accepted Christ.
Posted By: atvalaska Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/11/18
They are more than likely real ...and .gov has plans already drew up ....
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2010/07/if_mars_attacks_.html

Read it. Princes from 127 provinces within the kings realm.

*I'll tell you what I did.

I was intrigued by the book of Esther so I started asking around. Pastors, leaders, Bible bookworms. I got the usual explanations, it was about Jewish history and holidays, etc. But I kept reading it and thinking there is something more here, I can almost see it, but I know there is something more to this book. Frustrated? maybe not the right word, I prayed to God (this was a Tuesday night) that I desperately wanted to know what the book of Esther was about. And I earnestly did want to know.

Again on Thursday night I had a strong desire to know, to really know, what is this book about. I prayed again, very sincerely and earnestly this time, and I had a revelation while I was praying, to substitute Jesus into Esther's role, and read the book again.

That was all I got, out of the blue. No grand explanation, just that. It required more study, but now with different eyes. I'm not saying anyone else will have the same understanding, but at that time, that's what happened to me.

Example-

Mordecai asks Esther to go before the King and plead for her people the Jews (as Jesus goes before the father and intercedes for us). Esther says go and fast for three days and I will do the same, then I will go before the king. (Jesus was in the tomb for three days). Many many other examples but back on topic, the princes from 127 provinces at the feast has relevance to this conversation when the book is interpreted in this way.

Read it.

Ezekiel's wheel is a claimed UFO sighting recorded in the Book of Ezekiel.

”Ezekiel 1:16 The appearance of the wheels and their work was like unto the colour of a beryl: and they four had one likeness: and their appearance and their work was as it were a wheel in the middle of a wheel.

Ezekiel describes a "flying chariot" containing "wheels within wheels" and "powered by angels". Some consider this incontrovertible proof of ancient aliens. Authors that have alleged the ancient aliens explanation of the book include Joseph Blumrich, who wrote The Spaceships of Ezekiel.
Posted By: 700LH Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/11/18
Posted By: atvalaska Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/11/18
This was a good flick ...
This is a better flick...

DMc
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/11/18
A few, or maybe it was several years ago now, you know, that convention of pilots, military folks and such that gave sworn testimony of what they've witnessed. Can't see any reason for so many to collude... Something atypical to our Earthly standards exists... I don't know, when I was 12 I went to see Pink Floyd's The Wall instead of ET.... All very trippy things.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/11/18
The “Fire Departments” and “FEMA have an actual Alien-UFO encounter/incident response protocols in manual format that isn’t publicized, but available on-line to see...Someone took it serious enough and established a first responder action and oversight hit list on what to do should a craft land, crash, or stay motionless above US land or sea...

Many higher quality investigators with advanced degrees in theology, astrophysics and aerospace engineers have been working with the Catholic Church in Rome sharing and crafting a message with Roman Catholic scientists whom have come out of the shawdoms and on the record stating that the Vatican believes there could be aliens..And, if They exist, then God made them.

This has become apart of the churches latest response to ther 1.2 billion member since one of the major hold ups has been how will people of faith responsed to legitimate, actual revealing of a race from another planet or even hidden within our planet for millions of years won’t change the story of the life, death and resurrection of Christ.

Once you get the religions on board and without the government have to worry about a mass hysteria that tears apart the creation and salvation story. Next hurdle is the military and what they have looked into and discovered on reverse engineering aircraft collected all over the world at crash sites...Crazy stuff...Are these travel really benign and look at us like an ant farm to be amused by. Or are some Grays malevolent and would put us in chains to dig up a resource they require....Who know? Maybe time will tell...😎
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/11/18
Scotty, why are you “Not Buying It”? Astronauts, Military Pilots, and America aviators have seen them and watched them perform impossible turns, stops, hover, and hit G force acceleration beyond the abilities of any craft built today or our bodies could sustain. That Doesn’t mean it couldnt have been developed by another species that found a way to harness gravity as a propulsion engine. We haven’t done it, doesn’t me it hasn’t been created...Give it time Steelhead. 😎
Posted By: nighthawk Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/11/18
I wanna know what's their fascination with butt holes?

"I'm bored. I know! Let's travel several dozen light years to Earth and do some anal probing and cut the bung holes out of their farm animals. And make some doodles in their crops too. Yeah, that'll mess them up."
Posted By: las Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/11/18
I won't discount it.
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/11/18
Scotty, why are you “Not Buying It”? Astronauts, Military Pilots, and America aviators have seen them and watched them perform impossible turns, stops, hover, and hit G force acceleration beyond the abilities of any craft built today or our bodies could sustain. That Doesn’t mean it couldnt have been developed by another species that found a way to harness gravity as a propulsion engine. We haven’t done it, doesn’t me it hasn’t been created...Give it time Steelhead. 😎

One 'theory' I heard was that UFO's were using earths magnetic field as a propulsion system. That might explain why they would bother coming .

I did see something several years back that had me wondering. Saw somewhat of a repeat years later.

Not sure what to think of all this.
Posted By: Gus Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/11/18
us post-modern humans, what with our modern rational brains on top, and the old reptilian brain down underneath. it was quite the design wasn't it? no tellin' what the designers will learn from this advanced design and what new & improved designs it will soon lead to.
Posted By: 700LH Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/11/18
Big Foot lives

A few of those were very impressive.
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/11/18
They're just interstellar farmers checking the livestock. Fortunately, we're not ready for harvest yet.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: szihn Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/11/18
If an object flies and it's unidentified, it's a UFO.
That what the acronym means.

Are they space craft from NASA, the Air Force, other governments, other planets or a demonic dimension?
I don't know.

Maybe none of the above.

Maybe all of the above.

I think it's safe for me to say that there are far more things about the world and the universe I don't know than what I do know.

I think I could say the same about all of mankind too.
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/11/18
If extraterrestrials are visiting us they’re probably not using linear travel as we think of it. Folding space is the way to go (without using mélange for the Dune fans, or maybe they do). Think of two points at each corner of a piece of paper. You could draw a line from one to the other which could represent 1000 light years, or just stay where you are in 3 dimensional space, fold the paper (space) so the two points touch and bingo! You’re there.

Or maybe they could be using linear travel? I once wrote a little program to see how long it would take to reach the speed of light at a 1g Earth normal acceleration, 16 fps/second. You would be traveling 186,000 miles per second in a bit over three days. You could go faster but the stress of +1g on our bodies might be a bit much over extended periods*. If the aliens' planet was bigger or smaller than Earth which is likely, their "1g" would allow their bodies to withstand a bit more or less acceleration. However, Einstein says weird things happen as you approach C and that gets above my pay grade so I’m thinking folding space is the way to go.

But this is all just fun speculation. There are absolutely, positively, no aliens visiting Earth. And if you think you’ve seen one I’ve got a little flashy thing I want to show you. Sincerely, Agent K.

*this doesn't take into account inertial dampeners. But if an alien technology has managed to cancel out basic laws of physics they can probably travel any damn way they want.
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
They're just interstellar farmers checking the livestock. Fortunately, we're not ready for harvest yet.

[Linked Image]

Yeah that was a spooky one. One of the best of the series.
Posted By: RickyD Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/11/18
Tucker had an interesting interview on the topic

http://www.foxnews.com/person/c/tucker-carlson.html

I was driving home a couple weeks ago and there was a report on the radio that Navy pilots were sent off a carrier to check out a UFO that played with them for a while then disappeared. It seemed to be in the vicinity of a carrier fleet for a few days. I tried to find a reference to link but couldn't. I did find this one that happened a few months ago to two commercial pilots. I'd hate to guess at how many thousand sightings there have been by commercial and military pilots around the world. Many go unreported. Millions saw the display over Mexico City a decade or two ago. UFO's are out there. Just not sure what "they" are.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/29/us/arizona-pilots-ufo-sightings/index.html
Originally Posted by szihn
If an object flies and it's unidentified, it's a UFO.
That what the acronym means.

Are they space craft from NASA, the Air Force, other governments, other planets or a demonic dimension?
I don't know.

Maybe none of the above.

Maybe all of the above.

I think it's safe for me to say that there are far more things about the world and the universe I don't know than what I do know.

I think I could say the same about all of mankind too.

The problem is that anytime someone without tip top clearance actually has a sighting, someone with a black business suit comes along and wipes his memory of it with a small device he carries in his inside jacket pocket.
Posted By: barm Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/11/18

I am glad you spoke up. A few years ago, I would have said paranormal things were part of someone's imagination. After living in my current house, I am a believer. What this did for me was open my mind to the possibility of other things too. I think man falls into the trap of believing we know and understand everything. We have only scratched the surface as to what there is to know.
Posted By: Dryfly24 Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/11/18
Originally Posted by barm

I am glad you spoke up. A few years ago, I would have said paranormal things were part of someone's imagination. After living in my current house, I am a believer. What this did for me was open my mind to the possibility of other things too. I think man falls into the trap of believing we know and understand everything. We have only scratched the surface as to what there is to know.

That's the problem with man. He judges things by the standards available to him at the time, and has a hard time envisioning the possibilities the future might hold.

I love how people say that interstellar travel is impossible because of the vast distances, resources and time required to achieve it. And it is for us in this present day and time - but does anyone honestly think that we know it all right now? That there isn't some aspect of advanced physics, propulsion and materials that we are utterly and absolutely ignorant of? Maybe as was pointed out, they do fold space and don't even need to travel at light speed. Maybe there is something else possible that we haven't even dreamed up yet that makes distances and time a non-issue?

The "vast amount of resources necessary" argument is just plain ridiculous. Vast amount for us, how the hell do we know what it takes for them?

The other argument I hear all the time is "why would they come here?". My answer to that is "Why wouldn't they?" Why did, and do we travel to some far flung little village in the middle of the jungle to study ants and local tribal societies that are basically still living in the Stone Age? I'm sure if you ask those guys they'd say the same about us.

I'm sure everyone who says these things realizes that if you could travel back in time to any given points our history, that the people back then found things we can do today "impossible". Yet they say the same today about what could turn out to be a far older civilization, far more advanced than ours because they've had that much more of a head start. Imagine our present day military capabilities vs. that of any other 100 years ago. How about 500 or thousand years ago?

There are more stars than there are individual grains of sand on our planet - far more. Each one of those stars probably has a number of planets orbiting them. Up until a few years ago, scientists weren't even sure of the existence of planets outside our own solar system- which I always found laughable - simply because they hadn't observed them directly.

Open your minds people. . .
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/11/18

One 'theory' I heard was that UFO's were using earths magnetic field as a propulsion system. That might explain why they would bother coming .

I did see something several years back that had me wondering. Saw somewhat of a repeat years later.

Not sure what to think of all this.
This^^^ .King George nor George Washington nor Daniel Boone ever concieved of travelling 50 mph. Why-because they couldnt. It was impossible. Rational people dont believe in things that are impossible to them. Yet, many on earth believe life after death is possible. Why? Because it is.

Not long ago people thought they would not be able to survive breaking the sound barrier or going to the moon.

I expect travel in vehicles using the power of magnified elector-magnetic field forces would allow the type of travel that some have witnessed by UFOs.

I don't know about that..., I saw Daniel Boone jump off cliffs into rivers to escape the injuns! He probably came close to 50mph!!!

All for now....

I'm outta here!

[Linked Image]

DMc
Posted By: 5sdad Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/11/18
...That's the problem with man. He judges things by the standards available to him at the time...

...and calls it science, declares it absolute, and worships it.
Posted By: RickyD Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/11/18
...That's the problem with man. He judges things by the standards available to him at the time...

...and calls it science, declares it absolute, and worships it.

Those are lieberals. They may have been a part of mankind once, but no more.
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/11/18
Don't forget - our government, and probably a few other governments, have classified programs that are several decades in advance of what we think exists.
Posted By: Prwlr Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/11/18
Like the F35?
Posted By: watch4bear Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/11/18
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Don't forget - our government, and probably a few other governments, have classified programs that are several decades in advance of what we think exists.

Do they need more funding?
Originally Posted by watch4bear

Do they need more funding?

ALWAYS eek
Posted By: ltppowell Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/11/18
They land beside hog pens in Arkansas all the time.
Calling Gus! Help me out here:

So how come the aliens don't molest deer/bighorn sheep/elk/moose/etc.? Why do they molest cattle??
Posted By: xxclaro Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/11/18

So how come the aliens don't molest deer/bighorn sheep/elk/moose/etc.? Why do they molest cattle??

Till Gus comes along.......maybe they do, but who would know? Cows get noticed because someone is generally keeping an eye on them. I don't know what's really going on, but my current boss is a farmer too and has eencountered these mutilations on his cattle in the past
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/11/18

So how come the aliens don't molest deer/bighorn sheep/elk/moose/etc.? Why do they molest cattle?

Because Rastis, when he ventures out of his inner city ghetto, is not fast enough to catch a deer, or an elk. Any fat old fart can catch a cow.

Yeah, and they still couldnt keep Trump from getting elected.

The reason I don't think this is likely is that they draw their technology and science from the Universities, and the high level researchers there would be aware of the basics behind said technologies and science, and they tend not to have security clearance unless specifically working on something for the military.
Posted By: calikooknic Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/12/18
I believe the bible would make far more sense if aliens were substituted for Jesus.

To think no others could exist is to bury your head up your ass.

100 years ago, could anyone imagine how fast you could circle the earth at ground level as can be achieved by the SR71?
Posted By: Taco2fiddy7 Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/12/18
We don't even know what is in our oceans... what's in space, in the billions of galaxies that make up billions of solar systems with billions of planets each? Who knows
Posted By: 700LH Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/12/18
Are UFO's real?
Yes people see things in the sky they can't explain.

Are these creatures from other planets?
Yes they come with the Easter Bunny every year.

People are so gullible.
Posted By: stevelyn Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/12/18
Originally Posted by calikooknic
I believe the bible would make far more sense if aliens were substituted for Jesus.

100 years ago, could anyone imagine how fast you could circle the earth at ground level as can be achieved by the SR71?

Yup.........simplistic thinkers.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/12/18

Thats nothing compared to everlasting life.

All things are possible, with God.
Posted By: watch4bear Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/12/18
Supposedly 3 aliens crashed in New Mexico (probably a woman driver) so it might be feasible if one were to encounter a ship; to get one mounted, and sell the other two to pay the taxidermy bill.

Who says there’s a god?

For all it’s supposed good, religion sure seems to be the root of all evil and discourse amongst earth’s inhabitants.
God.
God.

No, god. I didn’t mispell it.
Posted By: RatherBHuntin Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/12/18

Who says there’s a god?

For all it’s supposed good, religion sure seems to be the root of all evil and discourse amongst earth’s inhabitants.

Religion is not the source of all evil by a long shot. Take a look at the Nazi’s who took the theory of evolution and tried to wipe out an entire race. Or the atheist communists of Russia who murdered 10’s of millions in the name of communism. Or the communist murders in China or the Killing field of Cambodia under the Khmer Rouge, Pol Pot as he set out to form a communist socialist regime...23000 mass graves and 1.3 million murders (25% of the population). None of these based on “religion” but rather “philosophy” and political systems. Evil and war is in the heart of man. Without the natural tempering of that by God and the sense of morality that emanates from man’s limited knowledge of Him, the mind cannot even conceive of the potential evil man could impose on his fellow man.
Posted By: RickyD Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/12/18

But why would an SR71 circle the earth at ground level? That might be faster than a wagon train but would be much faster if it flew. Must be a kalifornicate thing.
God.

No, god. I didn’t mispell it.

Yeah, well you misspelled misspell, you God Forsaken atheist. cool
Originally Posted by RatherBHuntin

Who says there’s a god?

Religion is not the source of all evil by a long shot. Take a look at the Nazi’s who took the theory of evolution and tied to wipe out an entire race. Or the atheist communists of Russia who murdered 10’s of millions in the name of communism. Or the communist murders in China or the Killing field of Cambodia under the Khmer Rouge, Pol Pot as he set out to form a communist socialist regim...23000 mass graves and 1.3 million murders (25% of the population). None of these based on “religion” but rather “philosophy” and political systems. Evil and war is in the heart of man and without the natural tempering of that by God and the sense of morality that emanates from man’s limited knowledge of him, the mind cannot even conceive of the potential evil man could impose on his fellow man.

No argument with your take on those events and the men that lead them, but they are all pretty much current events.
Hell, my great grandparents left Russia in ‘04/5 because of them.

War and religion are almost as old as war and women.
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/12/18
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Supposedly 3 aliens crashed in New Mexico (probably a woman driver) so it might be feasible if one were to encounter a ship; to get one mounted, and sell the other two to pay the taxidermy bill.

Hmm....how do we know that three tiny space travelers aren't already in jars of formaldehyde deep under Wright-Patterson AFB?? I think they are. I'd pay $20 for the tour, how about you?
Great, another Nazi shows up.

Is that an Iowa thing?
Posted By: watch4bear Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/12/18
I'd pay $20 for the tour, how about you?

I'd pay 20.00 if they came here legally. I would never pay to see illegal aliens. wink

Is that an Iowa thing?

Nazi? Not me. You capitalized that. Something you obviously respect. I don't. From what I've seen recently the only ones getting called nazis are conservatives by lieberals. Are you a lieberal? Or just confused?

Is that an Iowa thing?

So, were George Washington and Reagan nazis too?

You are, however, partially correct in that He says there is no God for the lost, like you.
Spell Nazi, jeebus, get a grip.

Liberal? How fuggin long have you paid attention?

Atheist? Where do you gleam that from?

Start reading and pay attention. Assumptions aren’t working.
Why would even ask me if GW or RR were nazi’s?
Just poking a little fun, tongue in cheek.

You asked "who said there's a god,to Jag. If you believe, it's to your eternal credit. I hope you do.

From what to ascribe your Nazi accusation? Iowa? LOL.As I mentioned, the ones throwing around that barb are lieberals at conservatives, though most know they are the real nazi's.

No offense meant. Have a good evening.
I’m having a great night, thanks.

Spell or grammar Nazi, nothing more, nothing less.

God? No I don’t believe, but that doesn’t make me atheist or liberal.

As stated in my first post. The Bible makes more sense when alien is substituted for jesus. Too many ancient and indigenous peoples with stories that match long before they ever had a chance to meet each other.

But I don’t judge others for what they believe.
Sorry, I'd prefer you had a great forever. frown

Tell you what. You write a book. If it rings a bell with more than lieberals i will vote fer yer ideas.

I mean, fughk, who am i supposed to believe, someone who names himself a 'kook' in his name, or the Creator?

Do you think He directed you to do that by accident?
Is there any spaceship stories prior to the Wright Bros?

Shoulda been big news even back then.

I’m having a great night, thanks.

Spell or grammar Nazi, nothing more, nothing less.Oh, OK, I get it. Iowa always used to do very well in spelling, so maybe we are. wink

God? No I don’t believe, but that doesn’t make me atheist or liberal.
OK, but someone who doesn't believe in God or the concept of god or deity are defined as atheists. Not my attribution.
a·the·ist
ˈāTHēəst
a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods.

As stated in my first post. The Bible makes more sense when alien is substituted for jesus. Too many ancient and indigenous peoples with stories that match long before they ever had a chance to meet each other.
I don't believe it would. The Bible makes a lot of sense to me just the way it is and always has. But that is a difference we have.

But I don’t judge others for what they believe.
That's a good attribute. The Bible tells us if we judge others the Lord will judge us by the same measure and He's the judge of us all.

Take care.
Amen.

Tell you what. You write a book. If it rings a bell with more than lieberals i will vote fer yer ideas.

I mean, fughk, who am i supposed to believe, someone who names himself a 'kook' in his name, or the Creator?

Not worried about my forever, but thanks, Ralph.
I’m not writing any books.
Believe what the fughk YOU want.
Why would I contemplate sky daddies direction if I don’t acknowledge him?
You forgot agnostic.
Originally Posted by 700LH

Again I lifted my eyes and saw, and behold, a flying scroll! And he said to me, “What do you see?” I answered, “I see a flying scroll. Its length is twenty cubits, and its width ten cubits.”
Posted By: Gus Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/12/18
Originally Posted by xxclaro

Till Gus comes along.......maybe they do, but who would know? Cows get noticed because someone is generally keeping an eye on them. I don't know what's really going on, but my current boss is a farmer too and has eencountered these mutilations on his cattle in the past

gus don't know, but when did that small detail ever stop anyone on this forum and many others from posting an opinion?

apis was a horned bull worshiped by the egyptians, and also many others including the sumerians (using a different name for the bull). the minoans and others did too. something about the horns, maybe? even in the xmas manger scene there's usually a cow or bull with horns tethered with the sheep, etc. but, so what?

the idea might be to see if any of the royal bull's descendents are showing up in different parts of the world? they're doing blood tests to compare dna samples? it would indicate the distribution of certain belief systems as cattle herds became disseminated across the earth? heh, it's a guess, not a fact so don't believe it as fact.

or it might just be dime a dozen garden variety cults out for a bit of excitement. or, it might be caused by pre-vet students getting some scapel time & practice in at some poor farmers expense. whatever causes it, no one has been collared and charged with a crime, insofar as i can tell.
Posted By: nighthawk Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/12/18
I know, don't say it. Sounds like a lot of Apis. wink

Had a friend, an excellent vet and a real outdoorsman, investigate some cattle carcasses that farmers thought were alien jobs. Told me nope, it was exactly how coyotes feed on a carcass.
if i was a conspiracy theorist worth my salt i'd suggest that after the alien researchers had done their work, they'd call in the coyotes to have their way, and cover up the true nature of the event. that way, the urthlings would be convinced it was the work of predatory animals. until a game cam finally records an event, and itself not destroyed, the answer will be relegated to the arena of speculation.

i kinda feel like the dna contents has something to do with it, but what exactly?

ol apis and his followers have been around for a long long time in one form or another. it's got to be about the horns, somehow?
Posted By: nighthawk Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/12/18
No, this was the "surgical" removal of sex organs and anus sort of thing that had been going around at the time. Even my little rat terrier Lilli would start there if she caught a rabbit and I didn't find out soon enough. Organs before muscle.

Oh yeah, farms are usually less than a section here - population density around 9 souls per square mile. I95 runs through the county. Nobody saw nuttin.
Posted By: Dryfly24 Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/12/18
Posted By: czech1022 Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/12/18
Read this, then see how your opinion changes:

"UFOs: Generals, Pilots, and Government Officials Go on the Record"

My library has it. Amazon.com has it, too. It lists ONLY verifiable, on-the-record experiences of trustworthy pilots, law enforcement and military members.
Posted By: Dryfly24 Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/12/18
Originally Posted by czech1022
Read this, then see how your opinion changes:

"UFOs: Generals, Pilots, and Government Officials Go on the Record"

My library has it. Amazon.com has it, too. It lists ONLY verifiable, on-the-record experiences of trustworthy pilots, law enforcement and military members.

There is also video on the conference they held. The best source of reliable information to date on the phenomena. If someone can listen to these men and still disavow that there's something to it, they are basically just playing ostrich with their heads in the sand. . .
Posted By: czech1022 Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/12/18
There are 200-400 billion solar systems in our Milky Way Galaxy. The Hubble telescope has confirmed that there are an estimated 200 billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Note that I said the "observable" universe - there are certainly parts of our universe that can't be observed at this time, and possibly even other universes.

And even if we say that our solar system is unique, that there is only a one-in-a-million chance that there is another one like it that is perfect for nurturing and sustaining life, when you multiply 300 billion times 200 billion and divide it by one million, that leaves you with the number of solar systems perfect for sustaining life equal to 6 followed by 16 zeros.

And that is only for the areas we KNOW about.

Finally. Thanks for your permission. smile

PS. Btw, the Bill of Rights and our amendments were not made up by this nations founders to give us those rights. Those amendments were to protect from govt the rights our founders felt were given us at bith by our Creator. They were to guarantee those rights be retained by the people in this country.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/12/18
Posted By: rifletom Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/12/18
Well, of course they are. Heck, CNN just reported that Obummer and Screwy Louie Farrakan got transported to the Mother ship.
Honest!
Originally Posted by 700LH

Again I lifted my eyes and saw, and behold, a flying scroll! And he said to me, “What do you see?” I answered, “I see a flying scroll. Its length is twenty cubits, and its width ten cubits.”

Doesn't appear to have been a spaceship.

https://newchristianbiblestudy.org/bible/story/the-flying-scroll/king-james-version
we must not forget Soloman's carpet. it was quite the technology back in the day. i guess flying carpets as they are sometimes interpreted are quite the technology anywhere they first appear.
Posted By: T_O_M Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/12/18
Of course UFOs are real; it's an UNIDENTIFIED FLYING OBJECT, Something goes by but you don't know what; it's an Unidentified Flying Object.
Now are flying saucers and Alien Spaceships real? I doubt it, Why would an Alien life form visit earth, just to laugh and shake their heads?

I suppose I have to agree with this. I've seen 2 things overhead I've been unable to identify. Clearly craft moving at very high elevation, but what? Not airplanes ... one stood still .. which is called "falling" in airplane lingo. Not helicopters ... well beyond their operating ceiling. That leaves lighter than air craft ... blimps, airships, etc. We do (I learned something) have a couple that can operate at the elevations I observed, but they are symmetrical front to back and what I saw was not, it was tapered ... vaguely like a tadpole. That's a real unstable shape.

The first one was fairly low over a ridge that had a bunch of snow on it. There was mirage / shimmering that was hard to see clearly through. It appeared metallic and it had either lines where the panels met or some kind of markings .. it was not letters or numbers. It was about 1/3 as bright as the sun which was reflecting off it and about 1/3 the size ... angle-wise anyway. I had 8x binocs on it ... hurt my eyes to look too long, it was too bright. The other was the next summer. No 'nocs, couldn't make out much detail 'cause it was so far up, and though standing still when I saw it, it covered 6-10 miles in 20-30 seconds max to disappear before I could get to my 'nocs for a closer look.

Hell if I know.

Part of what you said .. I don't agree with. What I saw was enough to pique my curiosity ... to take the question more seriously than I did before. I'm not laughing or ridiculing anyone anymore.

Tom
Posted By: wabigoon Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/12/18
Sorry good folks, I just can't help it.[Linked Image]
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/13/18
There are 200-400 billion solar systems in our Milky Way Galaxy. The Hubble telescope has confirmed that there are an estimated 200 billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Note that I said the "observable" universe - there are certainly parts of our universe that can't be observed at this time, and possibly even other universes.

And even if we say that our solar system is unique, that there is only a one-in-a-million chance that there is another one like it that is perfect for nurturing and sustaining life, when you multiply 300 billion times 200 billion and divide it by one million, that leaves you with the number of solar systems perfect for sustaining life equal to 6 followed by 16 zeros.

Okay, so there are 6 times ten to the sixteenth possible solar systems where sentient life might evolve at some point on the geological time line. But since that geological time line is several billion years, and it seems that sentient species seem to breed to extinction, once they pass the industrial revolution.

What are the odds that two sentient species will exist SIMULTANEOUSLY, and near enough geographically that they will get to know each other?

You know, I tread the exact same soil that Chief Joseph of the New Perce nation once tread. But I sincerely doubt I will ever meet him face to face.
Posted By: Dryfly24 Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/13/18
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

and it seems that sentient species seem to breed to extinction, once they pass the industrial revolution.

And how would one even know that if we don't even know of any other sentient species?
Posted By: 2ndwind Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/13/18
I have a friend the lives 2 ridge tops over from me. He built his dream observatory about 1 1/2 years ago and has gotten into astrophotography in a big way. You can see some of the images he has made here:

http://www.blueridge-observatory.net/

I just got a text today telling me he sold his telescope and replaced it with one with 10X the power "enough to see a few billion light years farther out".

He just took up deer hunting last year and posts on occasion here. I'll ask him to give us a heads up if he spots the "Earth 2 trillion light years away" off ramp with his new equipment....

Seriously check out some of the images on Dave's web page. Space is beautiful and pretty much beyond words to describe. I think the nebulas are my favorites:

http://www.blueridge-observatory.net/nebulas.htm
I have a friend the lives 2 ridge tops over from me. He built his dream observatory about 1 1/2 years ago and has gotten into astrophotography in a big way. You can see some of the images he has made here:

I just got a text today telling me he sold his telescope and replaced it with one with 10X the power "enough to see a few billion light years farther out".

He just took up deer hunting last year and posts on occasion here. I'll ask him to give us a heads up if he spots the "Earth 2 trillion light years away" off ramp with his new equipment....

Seriously check out some of the images on Dave's web page. Space is beautiful and pretty much beyond words to describe. I think the nebulas are my favorites:

Wow! That's pretty impressive! If I was you I'd be over there every night alongside him. Very beautiful pictures.
Posted By: DMc Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/13/18

Thank you. Amazing!
Posted By: 2ndwind Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/13/18
Dave's screen name is Starsplitter. It was fun getting an astronomer into big game hunting/shooting high power rifles last Fall. He has a portable telescope we use as a spotting scope... seeing bullet holes at 400 yards is not a problem.

He shot a pretty 8 point buck but I think he was disappointed it was only a 200 yard shot...

I sent him a note telling him I had put a plug in about his web page. Maybe he will join in. He LOVES talking about astronomy. I have not heard him mention any ET sighting though....
Posted By: czech1022 Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/13/18
I know a woman - a sober, hardworking gal who's a Wyoming native - and quite a hunter, to boot - flys her own plane and can run high school football stars into the ground when guiding them to a mountain lion - who told me a story I sincerely believe.

She said she was in a friend's house one evening, looking out the picture window across a wide valley, where the main power lines run through the state. She saw a small silvery oblong shape drop down and hover over the power lines. It had lights that rotated around its long axis - I don't remember what color she said they were - but the craft suddenly dropped down to the power lines, and all the lights went out in the house and across the valley. As it sat there on the lines, multi-color lights started moving around the craft from side to side, and after a few seconds it lifted off, paused, and then shot up into the sky faster than she could follow it. Shortly afterward, all the lights came back on - at the friend's house and across the valley, which she could plainly see from her position. Her friends were in another room and hadn't seen the ship - they just wondered what had caused the short-term power outage.

Whether that craft was of extra-terrestrial origin or not, I don't know. But if it was made here, I want a ride!
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/13/18

and it seems that sentient species seem to breed to extinction, once they pass the industrial revolution.

And how would one even know that if we don't even know of any other sentient species?

Judging from the sample we can observe.

Judging from the sample we can observe.

Not trying to be a smart ass but if that were true, I don't think we'd be debating the issue right now, would be?
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/13/18
Trying to google this with mixed results, but there is a scale of civilizations – I think it is related to the Kardashev scale which is based on ability to harness energy but it also defines a species’ social development.

Anyway, the idea is that a civilization advances to the point where it can harness the atom which gives it the ability to destroy itself but is not advanced enough spiritually or socially or whatever to refrain from doing so. Who knows how many civilizations of little green or pink or blue people killed off their entire planets before they were able to travel to other stars? We’re at that stage right now.

That’s the first major obstacle to overcome – does a species advance sociologically enough to not destroy itself? Assuming it does it then reaches a point where it can travel the stars. If it does travel the stars, the fact that it was able to not kill itself off lends credence to the idea that it would be benevolent enough to other life forms.

In other related news, I always wondered how the Klingons achieved space travel. They were a race of warriors, the warrior caste was top dog and if you weren’t a warrior then you weren’t kl’farg. Yet they would have needed Klingon nerds to develop warp drives and all the other goodies needed for space travel. So how did the Klingon science nerds survive in that culture? Another mystery which we may never know…
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/13/18

In other related news, I always wondered how the Klingons achieved space travel. They were a race of warriors, the warrior caste was top dog and if you weren’t a warrior then you weren’t kl’farg. Yet they would have needed Klingon nerds to develop warp drives and all the other goodies needed for space travel. So how did the Klingon science nerds survive in that culture? Another mystery which we may never know…

Jim,
With all due respect, you need to learn how to talk to girls. Your whole focus in life will change.

P
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: So.... UFO are real? - 06/13/18
But none of them speak Klingon. Or Dothraki, for that matter... wink

And we haven't even brought up their Cloaking device yet, no small feat.
Trying to google this with mixed results, but there is a scale of civilizations – I think it is related to the Kardashev scale which is based on ability to harness energy but it also defines a species’ social development.

Anyway, the idea is that a civilization advances to the point where it can harness the atom which gives it the ability to destroy itself but is not advanced enough spiritually or socially or whatever to refrain from doing so. Who knows how many civilizations of little green or pink or blue people killed off their entire planets before they were able to travel to other stars? We’re at that stage right now.

That’s the first major obstacle to overcome – does a species advance sociologically enough to not destroy itself? Assuming it does it then reaches a point where it can travel the stars. If it does travel the stars, the fact that it was able to not kill itself off lends credence to the idea that it would be benevolent enough to other life forms.

Jim,

I'm familiar with it. I just think it's another bullshyt theory that can't be proven and has no basis in fact. Which comes back to my original question and point: What sentient civilization have we observed that has made itself extinct after an industrial revolution? The answer to that is there isn't one.

The only sentient civilization we know of is ours, and we're still around. If we do become extinct then I'll concede the point, but I don't think it'll matter much then. . . grin
Posted By: calikooknic Re: So.... UFO are real? - 07/06/18

Finally. Thanks for your permission. smile

PS. Btw, the Bill of Rights and our amendments were not made up by this nations founders to give us those rights. Those amendments were to protect from govt the rights our founders felt were given us at bith by our Creator. They were to guarantee those rights be retained by the people in this country.

Thanks again, Ralph.

But who in the fugg doesn't know this schit?
Posted By: jaguartx Re: So.... UFO are real? - 07/06/18
Sorry Cal. May God bless you.
Posted By: Starman Re: So.... UFO are real? - 07/06/18
No.

Maybe ET aint onboard...it could just be info gathering UAVs [drones] that they send... laugh

Why would an Alien life form visit earth,?

same reason dirty old men visit Thailand?

Highly advanced-evolved beings having sex with mere humans would be akin to beastiality.

If the aliens are huge, they could use humans like gerbils...
Posted By: DMc Re: So.... UFO are real? - 07/06/18
Yes, no, maybe...
Posted By: CrowRifle Re: So.... UFO are real? - 07/06/18
Gus is living proof.
© 24hourcampfire