Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know, don't say it. Sounds like a lot of Apis. wink

Had a friend, an excellent vet and a real outdoorsman, investigate some cattle carcasses that farmers thought were alien jobs. Told me nope, it was exactly how coyotes feed on a carcass.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
GB1

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
if i was a conspiracy theorist worth my salt i'd suggest that after the alien researchers had done their work, they'd call in the coyotes to have their way, and cover up the true nature of the event. that way, the urthlings would be convinced it was the work of predatory animals. until a game cam finally records an event, and itself not destroyed, the answer will be relegated to the arena of speculation.

i kinda feel like the dna contents has something to do with it, but what exactly?

ol apis and his followers have been around for a long long time in one form or another. it's got to be about the horns, somehow?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No, this was the "surgical" removal of sex organs and anus sort of thing that had been going around at the time. Even my little rat terrier Lilli would start there if she caught a rabbit and I didn't find out soon enough. Organs before muscle.

Oh yeah, farms are usually less than a section here - population density around 9 souls per square mile. I95 runs through the county. Nobody saw nuttin.

Last edited by nighthawk; 06/12/18.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Read this, then see how your opinion changes:

"UFOs: Generals, Pilots, and Government Officials Go on the Record"

My library has it. Amazon.com has it, too. It lists ONLY verifiable, on-the-record experiences of trustworthy pilots, law enforcement and military members.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing -- Edmund Burke
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by czech1022
Read this, then see how your opinion changes:

"UFOs: Generals, Pilots, and Government Officials Go on the Record"

My library has it. Amazon.com has it, too. It lists ONLY verifiable, on-the-record experiences of trustworthy pilots, law enforcement and military members.

There is also video on the conference they held. The best source of reliable information to date on the phenomena. If someone can listen to these men and still disavow that there's something to it, they are basically just playing ostrich with their heads in the sand. . .

Last edited by Dryfly24; 06/12/18.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
There are 200-400 billion solar systems in our Milky Way Galaxy. The Hubble telescope has confirmed that there are an estimated 200 billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Note that I said the "observable" universe - there are certainly parts of our universe that can't be observed at this time, and possibly even other universes.

And even if we say that our solar system is unique, that there is only a one-in-a-million chance that there is another one like it that is perfect for nurturing and sustaining life, when you multiply 300 billion times 200 billion and divide it by one million, that leaves you with the number of solar systems perfect for sustaining life equal to 6 followed by 16 zeros.

And that is only for the areas we KNOW about.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing -- Edmund Burke
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by calikooknic
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Sorry, I'd prefer you had a great forever. frown

Tell you what. You write a book. If it rings a bell with more than lieberals i will vote fer yer ideas.

I mean, fughk, who am i supposed to believe, someone who names himself a 'kook' in his name, or the Creator?

Do you think He directed you to do that by accident?

Not worried about my forever, but thanks, Ralph.
I’m not writing any books.
Believe what the fughk YOU want.
Why would I contemplate sky daddies direction if I don’t acknowledge him?

Finally. Thanks for your permission. smile

PS. Btw, the Bill of Rights and our amendments were not made up by this nations founders to give us those rights. Those amendments were to protect from govt the rights our founders felt were given us at bith by our Creator. They were to guarantee those rights be retained by the people in this country.

Last edited by jaguartx; 06/12/18.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, of course they are. Heck, CNN just reported that Obummer and Screwy Louie Farrakan got transported to the Mother ship.
Honest!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by 700LH
Is there any spaceship stories prior to the Wright Bros?

Shoulda been big news even back then.

Again I lifted my eyes and saw, and behold, a flying scroll! And he said to me, “What do you see?” I answered, “I see a flying scroll. Its length is twenty cubits, and its width ten cubits.”

Doesn't appear to have been a spaceship.

https://newchristianbiblestudy.org/bible/story/the-flying-scroll/king-james-version

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
we must not forget Soloman's carpet. it was quite the technology back in the day. i guess flying carpets as they are sometimes interpreted are quite the technology anywhere they first appear.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Hancock27
Of course UFOs are real; it's an UNIDENTIFIED FLYING OBJECT, Something goes by but you don't know what; it's an Unidentified Flying Object.
Now are flying saucers and Alien Spaceships real? I doubt it, Why would an Alien life form visit earth, just to laugh and shake their heads?

I suppose I have to agree with this. I've seen 2 things overhead I've been unable to identify. Clearly craft moving at very high elevation, but what? Not airplanes ... one stood still .. which is called "falling" in airplane lingo. Not helicopters ... well beyond their operating ceiling. That leaves lighter than air craft ... blimps, airships, etc. We do (I learned something) have a couple that can operate at the elevations I observed, but they are symmetrical front to back and what I saw was not, it was tapered ... vaguely like a tadpole. That's a real unstable shape.

The first one was fairly low over a ridge that had a bunch of snow on it. There was mirage / shimmering that was hard to see clearly through. It appeared metallic and it had either lines where the panels met or some kind of markings .. it was not letters or numbers. It was about 1/3 as bright as the sun which was reflecting off it and about 1/3 the size ... angle-wise anyway. I had 8x binocs on it ... hurt my eyes to look too long, it was too bright. The other was the next summer. No 'nocs, couldn't make out much detail 'cause it was so far up, and though standing still when I saw it, it covered 6-10 miles in 20-30 seconds max to disappear before I could get to my 'nocs for a closer look.

Hell if I know.

Part of what you said .. I don't agree with. What I saw was enough to pique my curiosity ... to take the question more seriously than I did before. I'm not laughing or ridiculing anyone anymore.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Sorry good folks, I just can't help it.[Linked Image]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
There are 200-400 billion solar systems in our Milky Way Galaxy. The Hubble telescope has confirmed that there are an estimated 200 billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Note that I said the "observable" universe - there are certainly parts of our universe that can't be observed at this time, and possibly even other universes.

And even if we say that our solar system is unique, that there is only a one-in-a-million chance that there is another one like it that is perfect for nurturing and sustaining life, when you multiply 300 billion times 200 billion and divide it by one million, that leaves you with the number of solar systems perfect for sustaining life equal to 6 followed by 16 zeros.

Okay, so there are 6 times ten to the sixteenth possible solar systems where sentient life might evolve at some point on the geological time line. But since that geological time line is several billion years, and it seems that sentient species seem to breed to extinction, once they pass the industrial revolution.

What are the odds that two sentient species will exist SIMULTANEOUSLY, and near enough geographically that they will get to know each other?

You know, I tread the exact same soil that Chief Joseph of the New Perce nation once tread. But I sincerely doubt I will ever meet him face to face.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

and it seems that sentient species seem to breed to extinction, once they pass the industrial revolution.

And how would one even know that if we don't even know of any other sentient species?

2ndwind Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I have a friend the lives 2 ridge tops over from me. He built his dream observatory about 1 1/2 years ago and has gotten into astrophotography in a big way. You can see some of the images he has made here:

http://www.blueridge-observatory.net/

I just got a text today telling me he sold his telescope and replaced it with one with 10X the power "enough to see a few billion light years farther out".

He just took up deer hunting last year and posts on occasion here. I'll ask him to give us a heads up if he spots the "Earth 2 trillion light years away" off ramp with his new equipment....

Seriously check out some of the images on Dave's web page. Space is beautiful and pretty much beyond words to describe. I think the nebulas are my favorites:

http://www.blueridge-observatory.net/nebulas.htm

Please don't feed the trolls!
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
I have a friend the lives 2 ridge tops over from me. He built his dream observatory about 1 1/2 years ago and has gotten into astrophotography in a big way. You can see some of the images he has made here:

http://www.blueridge-observatory.net/

I just got a text today telling me he sold his telescope and replaced it with one with 10X the power "enough to see a few billion light years farther out".

He just took up deer hunting last year and posts on occasion here. I'll ask him to give us a heads up if he spots the "Earth 2 trillion light years away" off ramp with his new equipment....

Seriously check out some of the images on Dave's web page. Space is beautiful and pretty much beyond words to describe. I think the nebulas are my favorites:

http://www.blueridge-observatory.net/nebulas.htm

Wow! That's pretty impressive! If I was you I'd be over there every night alongside him. Very beautiful pictures.

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

175 members (12344mag, 270cowboy, 1lesfox, 44mc, 35, 10Glocks, 17 invisible), 1,104 guests, and 952 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,845
Posts18,517,421
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.