Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Of course they are!
Where do you think Paddler came from?

GB1

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I saw one once, Everclear had nothing to do with that.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The Tlingit's are their chosen people

[Linked Image]

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Some of them there are not so "good natured"...

I was in the neighboring county of Otero for many years. Nobody ever got elected that wasn't republican there. smile

The difference in those two counties can be traced back to the Oliver Lee/Albert Jennings Fountain incidents somewhere around 100 years ago.

Hell, they are still harboring hard feelings. If you pay attention around town, you'll see the hatred they have for Otero County and the Lee's..

http://articles.latimes.com/1998/jun/07/local/me-57369

Good story, thanks for the link. One of my buddies from work is a New Mexican whose family has been in the area for generations. He told me a bit about it as well as some of the lore about Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid. I've actually seen the site where Billy and his buddies hid out from a posse and scratched their names into the side of a cliff.

Very interesting place to live with a lot of cool history...

And just to add to, and not derail the thread, I've seen some amazing things as well on a couple different occasions, which I see what sparked my curiosity. When I did I was always with other people so I know I wasn't imagining it like someone will always say.

Last edited by Dryfly24; 06/10/18.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
+1 for ET roll"n the skies in a "Cherried" out space mobile...Some astrophysics said there are more stars in all the galaxy's than there are grains of sand on every beach in the world combined. Space is vast, mostly unexplored and mathematically probable, that life is out there is some form.

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Beaver10
+1 for ET roll"n the skies in a "Cherried" out space mobile...Some astrophysics said there are more stars in all the galaxy's than there are grains of sand on every beach in the world combined. Space is vast, mostly unexplored and mathematically probable, that life is out there is some form.

I'll never understand why people think that's so preposterous. It would be harder to believe the opposite of that imho...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I believe that our government has said there are no life forms that have visited Earth. To (too) many, that is all that it takes to become gospel.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Originally Posted by Dryfly24
No.

The idea that ET needs any sort of tin can 'craft' to traverse space and time is so idiotic it's difficult to put into words.

I seriously doubt they're made of tin, but to satisfy my curiosity, could you please explain why the idea is so "idiotic"? I'm genuinely interested to know why you would think so?

I dunno, I just do. It just doesn't seem rational to me...you don't travel millions of light years in a flying tin saucer. Sounds like a really bad 1940s B movie to me.

I dunno either, maybe we should ask the Apollo astronauts. . .

Last edited by Dryfly24; 06/10/18.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Read the book of Esther in the Bible and substitute Jesus in the role of Esther. That makes Haman, Satan, and the King, God. When the king held a festival, there were 127 princes from all the provinces in attendance. Get back to me when you figure out what that book is really about. wink wink

Last edited by Fireball2; 06/10/18.

LOL
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Read the book of Esther in the Bible and substitute Jesus in the role of Esther. That makes Haman, Satan, and the King, God. When the king held a festival, there were 127 princes from all the provinces in attendance. Get back to me when you figure out what that book is really about. wink wink

I trust you. For the sake of brevity and to continue the conversation, why don't you you just explain it to me?

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
We are the aliens. They aren't "visiting" us. They brought us.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

I have been hit by UFO's when driving my truck...........twice.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Actually Aliens are real.They are brain suckers.They abduct select women when they are pregnant.They suck half the brain out of the embryo.When the child is born it is either a woman or liberal.Proof positive!!! shocked

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
ask Gus

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Dryfly24
No.

The idea that ET needs any sort of tin can 'craft' to traverse space and time is so idiotic it's difficult to put into words.

I seriously doubt they're made of tin, but to satisfy my curiosity, could you please explain why the idea is so "idiotic"? I'm genuinely interested to know why you would think so?

I dunno, I just do. It just doesn't seem rational to me...you don't travel millions of light years in a flying tin saucer. Sounds like a really bad 1940s B movie to me.

They could be unmanned alien probes, i.e., sans pilot, similar, but more sophisticated, than the ones we've sent out to other worlds. Their launch date could have been fifty or a hundred years ago.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
The problem is there is NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER that any UFOs originate with extraterrestrials.

In nearly all, or perhaps all, cases, they have a ready explanation. I have personally seen, on two occasions, white saucer-shaped objects which turned out to be light reflections (from a small plane in one case and gliding sea gulls in another) distorted by glass windows,

In 1999 a large bright bolide (meteor) came across our region. People were calling into the radio station talking about seeing windows in it and black helicopters following it.

Then there were the crop circles, started by two hoaxers in the UK. Even after they explained the hoax and how they did it, people continued to think they were flying saucer landings.

And even if, in a few cases, we cannot explain the objects, there is no reason to believe they are "flying saucers" or any such thing.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
The problem is there is NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER that any UFOs originate with extraterrestrials.

In nearly all, or perhaps all, cases, they have a ready explanation. I have personally seen, on two occasions, white saucer-shaped objects which turned out to be light reflections (from a small plane in one case and gliding sea gulls in another) distorted by glass windows,

In 1999 a large bright bolide (meteor) came across our region. People were calling into the radio station talking about seeing windows in it and black helicopters following it.

Then there were the crop circles, started by two hoaxers in the UK. Even after they explained the hoax and how they did it, people continued to think they were flying saucer landings.

And even if, in a few cases, we cannot explain the objects, there is no reason to believe they are "flying saucers" or any such thing.

When my older brother was only about six, our older cousin (I think he was like fourteen at the time) used to scare him with stories of flying saucers and aliens which gave him terrible nightmares. My folks convinced my older brother than there were no such things as flying saucers and aliens, so the next time our cousin tried to scare him with those stories, my brother told him in no uncertain terms that he knew there weren't any such things. Older cousin replied, "Well, maybe, but you never know." That was enough to reignite my brother's nightmares. grin

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
My Uber sceptical wife saw one last night. Traveled in a straight line for 4-5 seconds at what she perceived as "plane speed" then stopped on a dime, made a 90° turn at double previous speed went backwards instantly then took off at ludicrous speed.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
“Rendlesham Forest” was a compelling military installation encounter, with eye witnesses without an agenda including the commanding officer of the facility seeing a light “probe” just meters away from them...Lighthouse explanation didn’t hold water. The military guys were and still are spooked and two suffering from a form of radiation sickness...😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Vintage "campfire. This might go on for a while.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

144 members (1lesfox, 44mc, 35, 7887mm08, 10Glocks, 300_savage, 14 invisible), 1,073 guests, and 943 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,845
Posts18,517,417
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.