Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
If the United States needed an enema.....it could be inserted in New York City....or New Orleans, Louisiana!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Long Island is not NYC... notice the "village" thing?

It is part of Teddy Roosevelt's home town and quite a way from NYC. Good old Progressive Teddy would probably love it!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Paul_M
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
In this case that adds up to $22,500, and if Linardos doesn’t pay, he faces 15 days in jail.
I'd take the 15 days. $1500/day isn't bad wages.

I don't think that wipes out the fines. I believe they will still go after him for the money. The 15 days is the muscle to make him pay up. They want that money. It's for the children.

Chilren . . . . FIFY

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by tzone
Fu ck em.
IN SPADES!!

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Long Island is not NYC... notice the "village" thing?

It is part of Teddy Roosevelt's home town and quite a way from NYC. Good old Progressive Teddy would probably love it!

Well, to be technical, a couple of the boroughs of NYC are on Long Island proper. Albeit, not the place in question.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Sounds like Maine. They threatened me with the same thing for clearing out a bunch of dead alders in my own back yard that had caught a blight.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

abusus non tollit usum
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
If the United States needed an enema.....it could be inserted in New York City....or New Orleans, Louisiana!!

Or Los Angeles. Even though it’s on the other coast, it’s in the same anatomical position.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The 5 boroughs of nyc are, manhattan.the bronx,brooklyn,queens,staten island......long island is.kings,queens,nassua, and ,suffolk counties.
the difference between nyc and upstate are as different as night and day.the problems are the same,say,as californians moving to idaho and bringing their liberal nonsense with them.the real liberal nut jobs destroyed their nyc neibhorhoods with liberal crap,turned them into dangerous hell holes,then moved upstate and brought their liberal views with them,then destroyed suburbia too.as the song says," no where to run to,no where to hide".
Its hard to move from the place you call home,your friends,your family,your job,are here.every thing your comfortable with,is here.i have been trying to move for a few years now.i have come to dispise new york.everytime i think i ve got it ready,something else happens,for example,next month my wife and i are going to look at houses in new hampshire where we have friends and family.we love it there.still feels free."live free or die".
yesterday my mother in law called at 5 am .was haveing trouble breathing.my wife takes her to the hosp.she has irregular heartbeat,they do chest mri and see a tumor in one lung.when they tell her,she has a heart attack on the spot,is in cardiac care unit now.there is no way in hell my wife is going to move when her mother is sick.as much as we want to move,as much as we need to move,its not always easy to do.i worked in every s ..hole in nyc for 27 years.i ve seen some bizzare stuff in my time.i could never live there.i meet plenty of good decent guys that do,police,firemen,city workers,etc. That hate the liberal crap too,how do you leave a good union job with pension and medical benefits when you ve only got 10 years left?its not so easy.your born here,your raised here.things have changed for the worse for sure and people are leaving in droves.voting with their feet and taking their tax dollars with them.i feel like i ve got one foot out the door already.its not always easy to just up and move.i know i ve been trying for a few years.i ll get there.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by night_owl

Amazingly repulsive. I never knew such things existed in America, and if so, only in a remote backwoods boss hog setting no one knew about.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 22250rem
Long Island = New York City....... That explains it.

Here it the local dictatorship of La Grange you cannot cut your own live oak trees. Can't cut em down either.

Thankfully I ignore that ordinance but it is another nail in the lid of the coffin for my respect of .gov, small or large.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sharpsman

go easy on New Orleans...that's my favorite town to drink in

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rost495

Here it the local dictatorship of La Grange you cannot cut your own live oak trees. Can't cut em down either.

So , can you cut your own dead oak trees ?

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
By name and description, it looks as though Pericles Linardos is a mature male of Greek lineage. He has taken a stand - in this case, a tree stand. I would bet that Attorney Steven Leventhal will fail this time.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RickyD

Amazingly repulsive. I never knew such things existed in America, and if so, only in a remote backwoods boss hog setting no one knew about.

It is amazing and that's only the tip of the iceberg.

abusus non tollit usum
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tzone
Fu ck em.

Ditto. Cut a couple down in my rural yard a year or so ago. Township came by and said I needed a permit, and now face a fine 2x the initial cost of the permit. I politely provided them with the one-finger salute followed by verbiage that left no doubt in their mind as to my feelings on the matter.

To date I have not seen any fine(s) nor has anyone from the Township approached me about it since. I plan on removing a couple more dead trees this year . . . . without a permit!

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by RickyD

It is amazing and that's only the tip of the iceberg.

I'll just stay out of NY period.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 6mm250
Originally Posted by rost495

So , can you cut your own dead oak trees ?

Mike

By reading our ordinance, if its a dead live oak, no.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Yep, and personally I couldn't care less what happens to any of those ass holes.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Boss Hawg. ROTFLMAO, had not heard that one in some time. May start using that reference daily here at work.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

618 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1eyedmule, 1Longbow, 71 invisible), 3,481 guests, and 1,154 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,636
Posts18,533,402
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.