Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by WiFowler
Originally Posted by tzone
Fu ck em.

Ditto. Cut a couple down in my rural yard a year or so ago. Township came by and said I needed a permit,
. Wha? "Rural" yard and your township sez ya gotta have a permit??? WTH?
..........and now face a fine 2x the initial cost of the permit. I politely provided them with the one-finger salute followed by verbiage that left no doubt in their mind as to my feelings on the matter.
Good man...

To date I have not seen any fine(s) nor has anyone from the Township approached me about it since. I plan on removing a couple more dead trees this year . . . . without a permit!
Goforit... I'd do the very same..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by rost495
Boss Hawg. ROTFLMAO, had not heard that one in some time. May start using that reference daily here at work.

If you didn't read the link you should, unless you're planning to go to New York. It might change your plans.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
J
JDK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Dryfly24
Sounds like Maine. They threatened me with the same thing for clearing out a bunch of dead alders in my own back yard that had caught a blight.

Which town in Maine?

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 22250rem
Long Island = New York City....... That explains it.

Here it the local dictatorship of La Grange you cannot cut your own live oak trees. Can't cut em down either.

Thankfully I ignore that ordinance but it is another nail in the lid of the coffin for my respect of .gov, small or large.

I thought that dictatorship employed you?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by RickyD
Boss Hawg. ROTFLMAO, had not heard that one in some time. May start using that reference daily here at work.

If you didn't read the link you should, unless you're planning to go to New York. It might change your plans.

NY is never in my plans. But you made me read part of the link. Sounds about like where I work right now. Damn shame it is. Hopefully I won't be here much longer, I can't stand it much longer.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by 22250rem
Long Island = New York City....... That explains it.

Here it the local dictatorship of La Grange you cannot cut your own live oak trees. Can't cut em down either.

Thankfully I ignore that ordinance but it is another nail in the lid of the coffin for my respect of .gov, small or large.

I thought that dictatorship employed you?

Currently they do. Crooks.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Jackman

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by RickyD

NY is never in my plans. But you made me read part of the link. Sounds about like where I work right now. Damn shame it is. Hopefully I won't be here much longer, I can't stand it much longer.

I better stay in Iowa. lol

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Inlaws had to go to the 'Shade Committee' before they could remove a damaged tree oak in their yard. They live in PA and they will continue to vote democrat all the time bitching about regulations.

Never not funny

Some folks are so slow they just never catch up.......

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by JDK
Sounds like Maine. They threatened me with the same thing for clearing out a bunch of dead alders in my own back yard that had caught a blight.

Which town in Maine?

Jackman.

Sorry about the double post.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Jackman, population 862, is in the middle of nowhere.

I can’t see anyone caring about anything up there.

Further, Alders are almost not trees, more a tree-like bush. There’s got to be more to this story.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
He should have drilled a hole in the trunk below ground, poured round up in the hole. That tree would die before long.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by kingston

Further, Alders are almost not trees, more a tree-like bush. There’s got to be more to this story.

No, actually there's not. Have you ever lived there? I did for eight years. Get back to me when you have.

There is a "brook" that you can step across in the yard that dries up in the summer. The inspector tried to say I was in violation because it's considered waterfront property, I told him to get bent. One of the most annoying oppressive and intrusive local governments I've ever had to deal with of anyplace I've ever lived. They regulate the piss out of everything you do there. Go ahead and run afoul of that state for one penny less than what they say you owe them, be it tax or fine, or violate some stupid local ordnance, or even give the impression that you've violated it and see what happens.

I love the state but hate the state government. One big reason I left. That was fifteen years ago or so. My best friend left last year. Typical welfare state. Anyone who is productive and works hard to make a decent living is treated as though they owe everyone who doesn't a living.

Last edited by Dryfly24; 06/12/18.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If the city arborist or officials had any trees on their property over 7", I'd make damned sure every last one mysteriously had been spiked with copper nails.

When you need a permit to cut down a tree on your own property, you no longer live in America.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Cutting a tree on your own property with no hazards around shouldn't be an issue, However, if the tree could fall on to something hazardous such as a house or power lines I think it would be prudent to at least check with someone who has the knowledge and experience to avoid trouble.

I agree the government should stay out of it. If they are so enamored with the trees, they should help pay for the upkeep too.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

No, actually there's not. Have you ever lived there? I did for eight years. Get back to me when you have.

There is a "brook" that you can step across in the yard that dries up in the summer. The inspector tried to say I was in violation because it's considered waterfront property, I told him to get bent. One of the most annoying oppressive and intrusive local governments I've ever had to deal with of anyplace I've ever lived. They regulate the piss out of everything you do there. Go ahead and run afoul of that state for one penny less than what they say you owe them, be it tax or fine, or violate some stupid local ordnance, or even give the impression that you've violated it and see what happens.

I love the state but hate the state government. One big reason I left. That was fifteen years ago or so. My best friend left last year. Typical welfare state. Anyone who is productive and works hard to make a decent living is treated as though they owe everyone who doesn't a living.

Democrat New Mexico is better than that was?

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

Democrat New Mexico is better than that was?

Believe it or not yes it is. I know at least I haven't received any phone calls at home telling me I had to go to town hall and renew my dogs registration or face a fine since I've been here...

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Yep, NE is a special, special place. Glad you got out

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
holy chit...I find that hard to believe, but then life sneaks on you now and then! Great to hear!

Those that are fed up with .gov, just think if you were in my shoes and saw the inner workings for over 15 years and have been screwed out of a number of years of my retirement on a crappy technicality and a BIG LIE at that.... my fault for not catching it I know... but... I can get over the years... but how they get folks, under the guise of helping them is beyond me.

But we are self sufficient country folks my wife and I and our families and we never asked for or expected help, handouts and lived by the golden rule. Those bastards that live in towns or communities get all kinds of other stuff shoved down their throats at an expense.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Yep, NE is a special, special place. Glad you got out

Thank you buddy. So am I. I wouldn't move back for all the tea in China. People who haven't lived there or many who do but never lived anywhere else just don't realize how bad it is. It's a shame because it is a beautiful area.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 1badf350, 65 invisible), 3,016 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,195
Posts18,503,558
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.