Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Eileen wanted me to remind folks that the sale goes through Father's Day, the 17th. Everything on the website is 10% off, and as always all the listed prices include USPS media-mail shipping. If you order from the website, type the word Sale (spelled exactly that way) in the coupon code box when starting the check-out process, and the 10% will be automatically deducted from the total. If you prefer ordering from an actual person, or have problems with the site, call 406-521-0273.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
GB1

M
M16 Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Here is a link to the website. grin

https://riflesandrecipes.com/

M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Thanks!

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Tag.

Retired cat herder.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Missed the 10 % on my last order. Drives me crazy when your having a sale to add a special text to a box to get the special price. Its a common procedure but. Really isn't the money but the inconvenience to remember the situation. Just my opinion tonight. Blessings!

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
IC B2

M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
sidepass,

Sorry, but it's the most practical way to run a temporary sale on a website. We try to make it pretty plain when announcing the sale, as in the original post above, and the sale (and coupon code) is also stated at the very top of the website.

But if you're apt to forget, just phone instead of using the site. That eliminates having to remember to type in Sale.

When did you order?

John Steinbeck
M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
sidepass,

Just talked to Eileen and she said if you give her your name and what you ordered, she'll refund the 10%. (She's already done that for several other customers who didn't use the coupon code.)

You can either e-mail riflesandrecipesgmail.com or call 406-521-0273.

John Steinbeck
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
It's all good John, I'm one of those multi taskers that can't always focus on one thing. Off work for the last 5 weeks with 3 more to go. Hernia surgery and am climbing the walls. Almost finished "Hunting the great plains" sighted in a couple of rifles and have 2 more. Friend has a section of almonds and the yotes are chewing on the emitters of the drip system . Been requested to reduce their numbers, since the orchard is dove nirvana I'll accommodate him.

again thanks! Charles

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
John your lovely wife Eileen tracked me down and credited me that 10 %. My oversight not yours, as a luddite my understanding about computer billing is the question. I do appreciate your " Eileen and you" attention to your customers.
cheers! Charles

M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Thanks. We try!

John Steinbeck
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Happy Father's Day to me! grin Just picked up the Big Book of Gun Gack. Thanks for the sale, John and Eileen!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think I ordered four books one is a Slice of The Wild for my wife. By the time I read all of the stuff I will be an expert on all things that go bang and a heck of a cook!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’ve been laid up for the last few weeks. During that time however, I’ve been reading old “Rifles and Recipes” - If you have not signed up for Rifles and Recipes you’re missing out on something good.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
You mean Rifle Loony News?

John Steinbeck
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
John: I probably should start a new thread on this topic, but I'm not sure which forum to put it in.

All y'all who live out west or in other cold climates probably don't have to do this, but have you (or Eileen) ever addressed "wet curing" or "ice aging" in your books or RLN? You know, using melting ice in a cooler in order age meat? Here in the tropics we can't really hang meat in the barn to age it.

Thanks

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
We've age big game with ice in coolers frequently, whether when weather's too warm in Montana for hanging in the shop, or when transporting big game back from elsewhere in similar conditions. It works fine, but we've never been able to tell any difference in the results whether the ice was kept from contacting the meat, or allowed to melt around the meat.

John Steinbeck
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Thanks, John. Do you just pull the plug and let the water drain?

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Usually, when doing it in the shop. Drain it intermittently when traveling, when restocking the ice.

John Steinbeck
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Thanks, John.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (10ring1, 10gaugemag, 11point, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 160user, 64 invisible), 2,829 guests, and 1,319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,385
Posts18,469,617
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.