Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I had mine taken out a few years ago in my 40's. I don't have any trouble now eating anything. The surgery was rougher than I thought it would be. I felt like I had been run over by a truck for a couple days.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not sure if anyone mentioned it but for several years after removing mine, when I first felt I needed to go to the bathroom, it was find one right now. Not when I get home, not when a commercial comes on, etc.. It was right now. One way or the other, it was coming out. Might want to keep that in mind.

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Paul, Prayers and best wishes for your wife's full and speedy recovery

John

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Easiest surgery I've ever had.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Wednesday a year ago, I had a gallbladder attack. Ran in to local urgent care. Specifically asked if it was gallbladder. Very early 20's something PA told me not possible. She did abdominal X-rays which were negative and sent me home with a bottle of antibiotics.

6:00 AM Sunday I was in the ER. They did ultrasound which showed a mass of gall stones. Less than an hour after the ultrasound, I was unconscious in the OR. The gallbladder was gangreous. I spent four days in the hospital with a [bleep] of antibiotics.

Six weeks off work, healing up. But a couple months later I felt as good as ever. No diet problems of any kind. My wife was vertical sensitive to onions for many years after her gall bladder surgury, that was in '91. They do not bother much n9w. My Aunt was never able to enjoy watermelon again after her surgery.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by travelingman1
Not sure if anyone mentioned it but for several years after removing mine, when I first felt I needed to go to the bathroom, it was find one right now. Not when I get home, not when a commercial comes on, etc.. It was right now. One way or the other, it was coming out. Might want to keep that in mind.

That was my experience as well. It took a couple of weeks for those type of symptoms to go away. Mine was done laparoscopically and the actual surgery was a breeze. Sore for about a week after, but that wasn’t bad at all. I can eat most anything now, but can’t drink coffee anymore.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Did laporoscope on mine at about age 45. Biggest problem was getting the hospital window open enough to blow cigarette
smoke out of while waiting for sx.

Then when i went down and outside to smoke after the sx i got sick and threw up. God bless my wife.

Never had any problem eating food.

Last edited by jaguartx; 06/13/18.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I had my gallbladder cut out on March 19th, after 2 attacks in as many months. I put it off WAY too long, I should have had it done last year. The surgeon had to go "old school" on me and cut it out with about a 9" scar across my right upper chest. I was off work for five weeks, healing up.

It took quite a bit of time getting back to a "normalized" diet. Since the wife has had a couple of attacks in the past, we eat mostly poultry and avoid fatty stuff. We backslide a little bit now, we've had a pizza and steak. Mostly, we eat white meat, and don't fry anything, either. Baking is now the norm for chicken. Not bad at all, just different than I used to eat.

I wish I'd had it done earlier, I feel a lot better now, and eat without having to consider the consequences. I just don't have the desire for fattier foods, or fried foods generally now, though I do grab a burger now and then.

I had some "gastro" issues regarding bathroom visits for a couple of weeks, but gradually that went away. I didn't poop my britches even once!

If the surgeon hadn't had to gut me like a fish, and done the lapro surgery, I could have been back to work a lot sooner, as it was, I had 21 staples across the chest, and couldn't work with those hanging out. I took it easy for a few weeks, and feel pretty good now.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can only "kind of" drink coffee now.... I had just ordered 4 bags of Black Rifle Coffee company beans too.... My wife has been willing too step up and make sure the rest of the pot does not go to waste though.... I'm hoping to work my way back a full cup joe soon....

I'll give Suzanne Summers credit for one thing... she nailed it when she said, "Getting older isn't for sissies".

P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
9:00 am Pacific time.

If there are any prayerful types, a prayer wouldn’t hurt.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Done.

I Dindo Nuffin
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
My wife had hers out a few years,ago,same thing with the greasy foods,and,for some reason,pancakes.a big pankcake breakfast will make her sick as a dog.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Prayers...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Had mine out five years ago.

Expect some of "all of the above".

Things settle down as time passes, but they don't completely. "Gotta-run" will visit often.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Pharm, Pharm! Where are you? Heres hoping you didnt buy the Pharm and heal fast.

I Dindo Nuffin
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
prayers sent.

P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Thanks all!

The surgery went extremely well. The surgeon removed a very inflamed, distended gall bladder. As an added bonus, the inflammation looked chronic, not acute, and the duct was almost completely blocked. She’s in some discomfort but is handling it well. She’s up and walking around every 30 minutes to reduce the chance of a dvt. I’ll keep y’all posted.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
More Prayer offered for a full and speedy recovery. I hope you mom is one of those people who are able to say, "Yeah, I'm pretty much eating what I want now...".

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1234, 12344mag, 16gage, 10Glocks, 53 invisible), 2,559 guests, and 1,362 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,461
Posts18,471,289
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.