Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 17 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17
Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Gene & Patrick, glad to hear that you made it home safely. I just pulled in about 15 minutes ago.

I would really like to thank CCCC and his sweet wife for ramrodding the event again this year. And I would like to also thank those that planned the shooting events, and those that did all of the "behind the scenes" work. It could not have been a success with out you.

Last, but not least, I would like to thank all of you that were able to attend this year. Without you the good times and laughter would not have happened. Was so nice to see all of you and your families. For those of you that had life's little moments pop up that caused you to miss this years gathering, I truly missed you and hope to see you soon.

OWL

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
GB1

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Ken and I made it home.

Thank you all for an amazing weekend. We look forward to seeing everyone in Tonto Basin good Lord willing.

Judy

Last edited by NMLady; 08/05/18.
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Some pics.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ken,
Thanks for the pictures. Where are the food pictures?

And Judy: watch out for your left thumb. That slide is going to come back sooner or later. Probably right after you pull the trigger. :-)

So nice to see the old gang having a good time.

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for your reports - some made very l-o-n-g drives for this gathering and we do worry - so, good to know you got home safe and sound.

Gene - due to early prep work up at the firing line, some of us did not know about your rather quick decision and departure. I felt bad about not been able to say "good-bye" after all of that great visiting during the week. It's even sorrier that you were feeling that poorly. We were worried about your driving that long haul. Through telephone networking, folks were able to track your progress some - glad you made it OK. Now, hoping for a good and quick fix and that the pain disappears.

Please keep the safe home arrival news flowing here. More reports on the event will be following, and no doubt there will be more photos. Thanks for these, Ken.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
mudhen Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Made it home about 4:00 this afternoon. Drove through a pretty impressive monsoon shower leaving. At times, I couldn't see 50 ft with the wipers on high at 30 mph or so. It quit when just as I hit the highway.

The thermometer in the truck showed 102 as I drove into our drive. Thought seriously about turning around and going back! grin

Last edited by mudhen; 08/05/18.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am in a RV park in Santa Rosa, NM for the night. I will hit it again tomorrow. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Home safely also.

Thanks, friends. It was GREAT to see you again. It was also quite a fun time and was good to meet new friends. The thunderstorm caught Bryan and me just before noon, when I was leaving, but roads were dry by Quemado. A welcome-home rainstorm hit here before I could unpack at home. Ain't life grand!

“You must endeavour to enjoy the pleasure of doing good. That is all that makes life valuable.”
Robert E. Lee, in a letter to his invalid wife.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Julia and I made it safely home - back to El Paso.

Ben, it was also 102° here in El Paso and I had the very same thought. The weather sure was nice in Army Joe.

Many thanks to everyone for setting up all the great eats and shooting events. Julia had a blast and she especially enjoyed the Bowling Pin Shoot, even if "Evil" Joe (first-timer Joe J.) did beat her by a single second, but he paid for it when Julia kicked him in the leg... She was very happy to have some girls her age to run around with as well.

I wanted to extend a sincere and special thanks to Paul for Quarterbacking the event; to Gene and Miles for their special kindness and incredible generosity towards my daughter; to Jeff for the great breakfasts; to Joe D. for the chili and beans; and to Dennis for the steaks, even if Julia and I inadvertently used a piece of your mesquite - apologies.

I enjoyed the great conversation, especially with Tracy, Brian, Mark and others.

Gene, Julia and I wish you a speedy recovery. We enjoyed your Cowboy Songs on the drive home.

Miles, I'm gonna' have to keep that honey under lock and key. Julia has already asked me about it three times - she was worried I left it behind. I really enjoyed seeing your Howell .280 RCBS as well. That's surely a beautiful rifle - thanks for showing it to me.

Mark, I enjoyed seeing your collection as well, but next year, you should probably bring more firearms.

Ken, I'll swing by next week to pick up that M&P for the agreed upon price: $1.00.

Another excellent get together and we're already looking forward to next year!

Last edited by High_Noon; 08/06/18.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's good to see the travel and home safe reports. Truly a fine gathering - the best of all aspects.

The shooting contests were very enjoyable - lots of good shooting and camaraderie. No such thing as polite total silence when someone is shooting - more like levity. Dennis did a great job setting up a fun steel shoot.

The outcomes:

Rim fire iron sights at 30 yards.
1. dennisinaz - Glenfield model 25
2. RonT - Winchester model 69
3. CCCC - Mossberg model 81

.22 Rim Fire long range (125 yards)
1. CCCC - Savage model 19 NRA / BSA 4-20x scope
2. dennisinaz - CZ model 452 / Weaver 6-20x scope
3. RonT - TC Carbine / 10x Lyman scope

Prairie Dog, 1/2 inch dot at 200 yards

1. RonT - .222 Rem/Winchester model 70 / Lyman 10x scope
2. dennisinaz - 22/250 /Savage SS / ??scope (Dennis, what was it?)
3. MilesPatton - 22/250 or .223 / waiting for info - (Miles?)

100 yard Tight Group
1. CCCC- 22/250 / Springfield action with unknown barrel / 3-9x Tasco scope
2. RonT - .222 Rem / Winchester model 70 / Lyman 10x scope
3. dennisinaz - 22/250 / Savage SS / ?scope?

Steel at 100, 200 and 300 yards
1. RonT - .222 Rem /Winchester model 70 / Lyman 10x scope
2. elkhunternm - .280 RCBS / Mauser by Davenport / ? scope - Miles?)
3. CCCC - 25/06 / VZ24 Mauser action with Apex barrel / Konus 6-20 scope

I do not know the outcomes of the handgun bowling pin contest. but those folks were having a great time over there. Brian - what happened??

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Just rolled in...

Great to see old friends and meet new ones.

And a special thanks to all for not laffin at this ol' fardt trying do do his "Evil Knieval" impression...<grin>

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
"The Warden" and I went sightseeing, so got home about an hour ago.
LOTS of fun, guys and gals!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by nifty-two-fifty
Ken,
Thanks for the pictures. Where are the food pictures?

And Judy: watch out for your left thumb. That slide is going to come back sooner or later. Probably right after you pull the trigger. :-)

So nice to see the old gang having a good time.

Umm... I was eating the food. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
High Noon, check your right rear brake light. It wasn't flashing on Route 60, but we couldn't catch up at Socorro.

Norm

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Anjin
High Noon, check your right rear brake light. It wasn't flashing on Route 60, but we couldn't catch up at Socorro.

Norm

Thanks Norm. I'm aware of the problem and I need to replace the tail light support housing, which is on order. The original part lasted 25 years, so I guess I can't complain.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just an FYI: I found that I had a bunch of pine sap all over my backside and on a bit of my gear from sitting on the picnic tables. To remove it, first I used Rubbing Alcohol to no avail. I then tried Acetone, which worked well and it did not remove any color from my jeans nor the other gear I tried it on. I'd be careful using it on painted surfaces, though. Try an inconspicuous area first.

- Del Gue
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Green Team made it home about fifteen minutes ago. Thanks to everyone for the kindness and patience shown to my little family unit. I am still learning OTJ how to be a parent. The girls had a blast. I asked them what were their favorite parts of this trip and they listed "Friends, the forest and dogs." Jade added, "I was in dog heaven!" But she was still a little sore about Chubs nipping her in the backside. I thought it was hilarious.<grin>

The food was excellent, so I ate more than my fair share. Paul, I expect that pm you promised me so I can settle. I enjoyed taking the girls for the impromptu .22 shoot. Julia, Jade, and Mary were all enthusiastic new shooters. Kevin and Norm, you are lucky fellows. Norm, that son of yours (Robert) couldn't miss with the Savage Rascal. You could see how proud the little sister was of him. Ken and Warden Jr., thanks for teaching my Jade how to shoot your pistol. She is more obedient when people other than I try to teach her something. She gets that from her mother. And the Henry looked great on both of you.

I can't begin to state how good this was for me, so I won't try. But I will say that ALL of you have a tremendous amount of class. I am humbled and grateful that you let me hang out.

God Bless ans stay safe,

Tracy Green

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just showed this to Jade. She goes back and forth from being mad at me to laughing.

[Linked Image]

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Page 14 of 17 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

114 members (300_savage, 41rem, 808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 15 invisible), 1,598 guests, and 956 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,716
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.