-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Many more miles to Glennallen, but far more decades into the furture...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

GA is a very interesting town for sure, many moons ago I thought about moving there after I retired. But I came to my senses.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Welcome!!!

358wsm Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
AKPENDUDE,

Thank you. I indeed appreciate the "Welcome" and have felt most welcomed here.

"I'd rather have an Army of Asses led by a Lion, than an Army of Lions led by an Ass." (George Washington)
IC B2

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Congratulations !!!!

Molon Labe
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

GA is a very interesting town for sure, many moons ago I thought about moving there after I retired. But I came to my senses.

As a kid we looked forward to driving through to listen to "Unshackled" on the radio. Radio had very little coverage in the 60s.

Y
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Y
Good for you Scott! Glad things are coming together for you.

Because through judicious handloading and a bold sense of optimism, you can make anything into an .88 Magnum - once! 😁 - chesterpulley
358wsm Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

Timothy Gregory stirring young minds and old alike around the world... That's pretty cool Art, a special memory of special times indeed.

"I'd rather have an Army of Asses led by a Lion, than an Army of Lions led by an Ass." (George Washington)
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Made our first trip from Fairbanks to Texas in 1956 in March. An uneventful trip in a 1954 Chev station wagon. We moved back to Texas again in 1980 in a borrowed old motor home. Had a flat on an inside dual in Dawson, lost a fanbelt close to Teslin. Had an extra, but broke the bolt off in the housing taking it out. Put the belt on and McIvered a spruce to wedge the belt tight. Found a shop in Teslin that would fix it, but was told not to come into the shop until it was finished. An old grouch. Had to find a used alternator housing as he couldn't get the broken bolt drilled out. I was worried about the price, but he asked for $25. I happily gave him $50. Actually not a bad trip in the ancient Travco that drove sideways down the road.
I hope you enjoy it half as much as we. We should not have moved back!

IC B3

358wsm Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ykrvak
Good for you Scott! Glad things are coming together for you.

Aww Man, thanks. It's great to hear from you. I hope all is well with you and yours.!

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
358, how was the highway.. I drove it in 75.. Thinking the wife and I might take the travel trailer next spring and head that way... I am sure it is much improved...

Molon Labe
358wsm Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
358, how was the highway.. I drove it in 75.. Thinking the wife and I might take the travel trailer next spring and head that way... I am sure it is much improved...

The Highway is in great condition.

However, and I guess this goes without saying, ya gotta keep a good watch on the road, shoulder, and peripherals...
What I mean is, I had dozens of buffalo, 29-31 elk (Not exactly sure, but I was trying to count), 9 ewe and lambs, 2 goats, 1 deer, and 11 black bears all either on the road or "just" off it.

Oh yes, forgot the 5 moose (one cow with her calf standing on the shoulder, cute little guy he was)

I'd HIGHLY recommend it.!

One other thing if you come around this time of year, you'll have the sunshine ALL night so visability is excellent,bring your sunglasses.

Last edited by 358wsm; 06/24/18.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 358wsm

The Highway is in great condition.

However, and I guess this goes without saying, ya gotta keep a good watch on the road, shoulder, and peripherals...
What I mean is, I had dozens of buffalo, 29-31 elk (Not exactly sure, but I was trying to count), 9 ewe and lambs, 2 goats, 1 deer, and 11 black bears all either on the road or "just" off it.

Oh yes, forgot the 5 moose (one cow with her calf standing on the shoulder, cute little guy he was)

I'd HIGHLY recommend it.!

One other thing if you come around this time of year, you'll have the sunshine ALL night so visability is excellent,bring your sunglasses.

The Alcan is in the best shape I've ever seen in half a hundred trips......even that stretch from Beaver Creek to Kluane is greatly improved.
Geez!....the black bears.....big ones!

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Thanks!!!! Enjoy!! Spent 2 mths. in Alaska when I was a young man... Loved it, but missed the varmint shooting in the west.. Have a great life there...

Molon Labe
358wsm Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks!!!! Enjoy!! Spent 2 mths. in Alaska when I was a young man... Loved it, but missed the varmint shooting in the west.. Have a great life there...

We have varmints... not your typical sized varmints, be we have them.
They generally start at red fox and go up in size from there.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
For some reason I just now noticed you have changed your post ID to ALASKA. NICE. VERY NICE. Congrats again.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
358wsm Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

Lol.!

Yup, I had "Almost Alaska" for weeks, then when I got here I could finally say, "Alaska."

Good eye.!

Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
Feels good doesn't it? smile Now you have 3 things to do before you become a "true" alaskan.

I have one left wink

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by FishinHank
Feels good doesn't it? smile Now you have 3 things to do before you become a "true" alaskan.

I have one left wink

You need to have sex with a grizzly?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

177 members (300_savage, 14idaho, 16penny, 308xray, 2ndwind, 30 invisible), 1,649 guests, and 1,102 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,864
Posts18,478,646
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.