Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by MOGC
Guess I needed to be more specific for Ethan. What I mean is, I don't credit him with any real expertise regarding firearms. His profession was teaching, not the use of firearms. Not a ding on teachers, I respect and appreciate a good teacher. Better?

He has an extensive background in combat-style competitive shooting. He was also a deputy sheriff for a while. He rarely toots his own horn, though.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
He's a simple guy doing simple stuff. I like that.

My son-in-law owns a Taurus 92 I borrow now & then & I find no fault other than it's a little large for my hand.

Last edited by Creeker; 06/25/18.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
i bought a taurus 92 when they first started coming into the country, doesn't have a decocker among other things. I have fired thousands of rounds through it without issue. I have a beretta brigadeer too for comparison.
As to hickok, I like him. He kind of wanders, is a pretty good shooter, but he does profile a lot of different firearms. I have heard him say he isn't an expert either, on some of them. Which is true, because milsurp being my thing, i am certainly a lot more familar than him on garands, carbines, 1911's and the like. So what? He is not teaching self defense classes. But i get a pretty good idea from his messing with them as to what i like and don't like.
Interesting i just bought a mossberg shockwave off an email solicitation, and watched him preview it before i did agree to buy it. If one doesn't like his spiel nothing says you have to watch it. There are plenty of people who do like his spiel.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
i bought a taurus 92 when they first started coming into the country, doesn't have a decocker among other things. I have fired thousands of rounds through it without issue. I have a beretta brigadeer too for comparison.
As to hickok, I like him. He kind of wanders, is a pretty good shooter, but he does profile a lot of different firearms. I have heard him say he isn't an expert either, on some of them. Which is true, because milsurp being my thing, i am certainly a lot more familar than him on garands, carbines, 1911's and the like. So what? He is not teaching self defense classes. But i get a pretty good idea from his messing with them as to what i like and don't like.
Interesting i just bought a mossberg shockwave off an email solicitation, and watched him preview it before i did agree to buy it. If one doesn't like his spiel nothing says you have to watch it. There are plenty of people who do like his spiel.

Exactly.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

There are also plenty of people that feel Titanic is the greatest film ever made.

They’re called morons.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave

There are also plenty of people that feel Titanic is the greatest film ever made.

They’re called morons.

So....what was your favorite scene in Titanic? wink

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
one of the things i like is that shooting range of his. I use to love going to the desert to set up a similar range. I have one of the better ranges in the country, ben avery, about 20minutes from my house but i have always preferred banging away at things like he does in his videos.
My problem these days is due to fire restrictions/annexation around the cities, it's hard to find any open country left you cant shoot in.
Thinking of taurus again, i have a hipower made at the same place. It's a well made piece too.
not all of us are of the exhalted status of some posters on here, that know more about firearms than most anybody else, and are of course world class shooters fully aware of the intimate workings of all kinds of firearms. And their usage in all types of disciplines.
Hickok is a teacher in his video's and i think a big help to a lot of people.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by kellory
Originally Posted by deflave

They’re called morons.

So....what was your favorite scene in Titanic? wink

The ending credits.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Man you guys are rough.

He's a good guy making videos about guns. That's something we should support. I've only watched a few of his videos but I never heard him claim to be an expert on anything. He just showed the gun an did some shooting.

Everyone must be jealous of his range I guess.

-Jake

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

later 92's have a decocker,
Hickock can be entertaining, and somewhat informative.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He's reasonably amusing and doesn't have too much disinformation. In the YouTube world that amounts to high praise. For a teacher he is not very concise nor organized. Paul Harrell does a much better job at the same sort of thing.

Brushbuster: "Is this thread about the dear heard or there Jeans?"
Plugger: "If you cant be safe at strip club in Detroit at 2am is anywhere safe?"
Deer are somewhere all the time
To report a post you disagree with, please push Alt + F4. Thank You.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Bocajnala
Man you guys are rough.

He's a good guy making videos about guns. That's something we should support. I've only watched a few of his videos but I never heard him claim to be an expert on anything. He just showed the gun an did some shooting.

Everyone must be jealous of his range I guess.

-Jake

THis!!! Bunch of keyboard commandos who wish they had the time, the guns and the environment. Good on old Hickok. Normally when he shoots he hits and often he does it pretty quickly.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
To rate my time you gotta be funny or informative or both.

He none of the above.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Youper
He's reasonably amusing and doesn't have too much disinformation. In the YouTube world that amounts to high praise. For a teacher he is not very concise nor organized. Paul Harrell does a much better job at the same sort of thing.

Harrell is a completely different type of presenter, and valuable in his own right. He's super organized in his presentations, and I think every word he utters is planned in advance.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
well one thing for sure. He gets a lot of hits on his video's. And i don't know what he gets paid through youtube for that, but i suspect it buys more that the breakfast cereal. And yeah i would love to have his range out my back door. That is just the type of shooting i like to do.

there are two or three i like, one i think is called forgotten weapons, hickok is another, then paul to some extent.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
See how "short" John is wearing his hair now? LOL.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
He's got a few Colts also.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Harrell is a completely different type of presenter, and valuable in his own right. He's super organized in his presentations, and I think every word he utters is planned in advance.

I value the organization and planning.

Brushbuster: "Is this thread about the dear heard or there Jeans?"
Plugger: "If you cant be safe at strip club in Detroit at 2am is anywhere safe?"
Deer are somewhere all the time
To report a post you disagree with, please push Alt + F4. Thank You.
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

I value the organization and planning.

Like I say, two different styles completely, but both have merit.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Why do you guy's comment on his son's hair?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (007FJ, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10Glocks, 1941USMC, 50 invisible), 2,266 guests, and 1,135 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,647
Posts18,493,344
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.