Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I cleared the schedule yesterday so I could watch all three games. I didn't even make it through the first two, there was so much fake injury BS going on.

I knew the Latino teams were the worst for faking injuries and acting like crying little girls, so I watched the Nigeria game with some hope that the Africans would act like men.
No. A Nigerian guy had "injured" his forearm. Look, I started my senior year in high school, I started 2 years at Ga. State University, started one year at Ga. Tech, and started my senior year, at Ga. College and played Atlanta Amateur League for 11 more years. I tore up left knee ligaments at Ga. College and spent 7 weeks on crutches. Broke my left ankle playing at Ga. Tech. I know all about soccer injuries.

It is almost impossible to injure your forearm in soccer. And if you do, who cares? You can't use your arms during the game, it is illegal to do so.

So, time was running out, Nigeria was ahead and desired to run out the clock. This guy was off the field and holding his poor forearm and crying, was on the far side of the field.
He made his way onto the field, and then he lay down, rolling around and crying about his forearm. The referee had to stop play for this fake actor crybaby POS.

Finally a trainer came onto the field, and was walking him off the field to the near side, and about 3 feet from the side line, he just stopped.
His arm hurt so much, he couldn't walk! What a POS faker! Finally the assistant referee had to come in from the sideline and drag this piece of [bleep] off of the field. I wanted Putin to send in a couple of Russian Special Forces cops to haul this guy off and take him to jail and beat his ass!

This was such blatant fake acting to burn up the clock, it was disgusting. The World Cup is now half soccer, and half Academy Award Theatre, where the cry babies who can put on the best act, to draw a bogus foul from the referee, can win the World Cup.
Soccer has really gone into the toilet since I began watching international soccer 50 years ago.

I will tell you another thing that really bothers me about World Cup Soccer. I can recall the France team from 50, maybe 45 years ago, they were all white. Because, guess what? France was a 98 percent white country.
That was fine, the Nigerian Super Eagles, and Cameroon, were all black, they were African. Iceland was all-white and blonde, they were grandsons of Vikings. Well and good.

And, 35, 45 years ago France was pretty good I think they won the World Cup in that era.

I noticed, suddenly, about 16 years ago, the French team was 8 black guys and 3 whities. The black guys all had African names.
It turned out, the French noticed that there was all kinds of great soccer talent down in Africa. They sent recruiters down there to locate top notch 14 and 15 year old soccer boys, and invited them to come live in France and play soccer full time.
Well, a dream come true for some kid from Ghana or Ivory Coast, to get out of a third world hell hole and live in a wealthy modern country.

And France imported dozens of these teen age kids from Africa, put them up in nice apartments, got them good food, and put them out on the field, and offered them citizenship.

And, ten years later, 8 out of 11 French players in the World Cup were these imposters, or, imports, from Africa. These guys are great soccer players but they are not really French.

So, France is selling out their national identity, and betraying all the actual French white boys who love soccer, to put on the field a team that is 1/3 French, and 2/3 "African All Stars."

Between the guys acting like little girls to try to draw fake fouls, and the fake teams composed of foreigners, I am disgusted with the state of World Cup Soccer today.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
The Beatles oughta been hung when they stepped off the airplane!

Brought soccer and lousy music!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I try to ,but that Cantor guy ruins it for me.
I know alot of people love how he calls the game ,but it's gottin out of hand.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I'm watching as much as I can. I wish the over acting was penalized more often as well, it takes away from the game. Most folks don't understand that the final score is NOT necessarily an indication of the gameplay itself. A 0-0 tie could be the most entertaining game to watch, while a high scoring game may just be a lack of skill on both sides. I'm on the fence on the VAR thing. Can't say I have a favorite this year.

"In the end God will not look you over for medals, degrees, or diplomas...but for scars."
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Way to slow!

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I’m rooting for Japan, but I’m thinking Croatia is the team to watch.

Long as Brazil doesn’t take it, I’m good with that.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Croatia is impressive to watch.

Some of the officiating is far less than impressive.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
No commie roundball for me.

Whats with all of the ties? Ending a sporting event in a tie is as bad as phuqing your own sister. SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I can't imagine watching a soccer game. What a boring game to watch. I know it is the world cup, so a different level blah, blah, blah. Is still a suck sport. How is the USA doing? (laughing). Maybe I'll watch that match

Last edited by marlinshooter1; 06/25/18.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

As an ex-referee I HATE the diving, however with the VAR at least they are reviewing all PK calls and pulling the ones back that are dives. HOWEVER and this drives me nuts, the VAR can only call back a clear error. I'd like them to be able to say "ok, yes, his foot got clipped, but he went down on purpose, Mr. Referee, please look at the monitor for a second look and see what you think"

I've carded 12 year olds for diving, it gotten ridiculous, they aren't even good at it.

This has been a good WC so far, this week should be good, lots of big names aren't into the next round yet, Germany, Argentina, Brazil, the Germany, Mexico, Sweden bracket could end in a three way tie at 6 points! There's going to be some tie breaker scenarios kicking in!

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Holy kshizzle! Uruguay 2-0 over Russia at the half.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Uruguay 3 -0 Had to be sobering for Russia.

Hey, two blatant fouls and no theatrics.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSXP9Lzeuvw&feature=onebox

....now I'm pulling for Croatia, Japan AND Uruguay.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!! BRAZIL ELIMINATED grin

I hope Neimar grabs his ankle and has to be carried back to the plane.

The Belgium goalie gets my vote for MVP of the whole tournament, Brazil with their usual brilliance had 26 shots on goal to Belgium’s 9. Belgium 2 Brazil 1.

Now I’m pulling for Croatia.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
It is the largest sporting event in the World after all.

No TV here, working all day so I ain't seen any games, just the highlights at the end of the day on.....

https://www.google.com/search?q=wor...168j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Seems like every time around the margin between the powerhouses and the nobodies gets smaller and smaller.

Some brilliant soccer on display, check out Spain vs. Portugal, and Japan beating Columbia cool

This is America. So... no.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by ironbender
So many fail to understand the strategy of the game.

Score more goals than the other team. It's super, duper complicated. I'm super serial.

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by JWD8310
No commie roundball for me.

Whats with all of the ties? Ending a sporting event in a tie is as bad as phuqing your own sister. SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN.

But what if your sister is hot?

GFY

Travis

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by deflave
Soccer is gayer than AIDS and has no place in our culture.

Straight people get AIDS too, bro, you racist.

Tell Fireballs "Hi."

GFY (and twice on Sundays)

Clark

P.S.- Hope the move went well. Mine did. FL is fun. WI is mo funner but I'm working on my mouthbreathing to fit in. Sleeves are optional here but they're formal attire.

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm a traditionalist . . . England v France!

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

Call me a pessimist, I don’t believe this year’s England squad has what it takes.

Anyways, as I’ve said before I was a kid in England in 1966 when England beat the favored West German squad 4-2 in overtime.

Man, talk about a rematch grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

Call me a pessimist, I don’t believe this year’s England squad has what it takes.

Anyways, as I’ve said before I was a kid in England in 1966 when England beat the favored West German squad 4-2 in overtime.

Man, talk about a rematch grin

But England's side of the bracket is not as difficult as France.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (01Foreman400, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 007FJ, 16Racing, 62 invisible), 2,950 guests, and 1,262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,358
Posts18,488,022
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.