Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Saw that video. I'm not so sure that one rubbed out.

he does a follow up video after the incident. it doesnt make hik look any kess retarded

LOL, I'll go look for that video.

Trump Won!
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tex Grubner or something like that. He's a goober...

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gunner500
Damn! got the M-21 Gen 4 in today, FFL Guy installed the new extended mag release for me right there at the shop, he sold me a Blawkhawk Serpa holster too, hurried home, grabbed a pile of ammo and went to the bench, happy to report this pistol shoots to the sights with the 230 gr Gold Dot load at 963 fps, the 230 gr fmj-fp's at 950 also land with the gold dots in a snuff can sized group at a braced 20 yards.

Also damn glad to report all four 13 round mags are drop free, I heated her up pretty good running four full mags through it right quick, ran like a sewing machine, she's wiped off and on a cool down, jacking with the trigger dry firing it now, will take time to get used to that.

Overall very happy with fit, function and accuracy so far. smile

Jerry that totally doesnt surprise me. and speaking from personal knowledge..those gold dots will work for theire intended purpose as well

Thanks G12, good to know about the Gold Dots, I've never used them on anything but water jugs and other homemade test media, they always expanded well and penetrated okay, good to know they work on meat too. smile

Jerry, I’ve had good results with the 230 gr Gold Dots on hogs here at our Ranch. And I’ve also killed several with the 125 gr Gold Dots out of my 357 Sig in my Glock 32. They are just about my favorite HP bullet. I’ve taken several deer with them too.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by MOGC
Tex Grubner or something like that. He's a goober...

"I just fu-king shot myself!!!!!" laughlaugh goober is right ;]

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Damn! got the M-21 Gen 4 in today, FFL Guy installed the new extended mag release for me right there at the shop, he sold me a Blawkhawk Serpa holster too, hurried home, grabbed a pile of ammo and went to the bench, happy to report this pistol shoots to the sights with the 230 gr Gold Dot load at 963 fps, the 230 gr fmj-fp's at 950 also land with the gold dots in a snuff can sized group at a braced 20 yards.

Also damn glad to report all four 13 round mags are drop free, I heated her up pretty good running four full mags through it right quick, ran like a sewing machine, she's wiped off and on a cool down, jacking with the trigger dry firing it now, will take time to get used to that.

Overall very happy with fit, function and accuracy so far. smile

Jerry that totally doesnt surprise me. and speaking from personal knowledge..those gold dots will work for theire intended purpose as well

Thanks G12, good to know about the Gold Dots, I've never used them on anything but water jugs and other homemade test media, they always expanded well and penetrated okay, good to know they work on meat too. smile

Jerry, I’ve had good results with the 230 gr Gold Dots on hogs here at our Ranch. And I’ve also killed several with the 125 gr Gold Dots out of my 357 Sig in my Glock 32. They are just about my favorite HP bullet. I’ve taken several deer with them too.

Good damn deal Neal, always wondered about the gold dots and game, nice knowing they'll work for that if called on too do so. smile

Thank You.

Trump Won!
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Damn, is that lingo a parody, or does the kid really act that way? nevertheless, his heart seems to be in the right place, and we've damn sure had worse enemies, at least he likes guns, hunting and fishing and tries to be helpful. smile

Trump Won!
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
[Linked Image]

So Glock 21s are exceptionally durable .45s. I have fired many tens of thousands of rounds through various ones, both owned and issued.

They also will handle hard cast bullets with ease. .45s are rather low pressure, and while I don't recommend it with the .40s or 10mms in stock barrels, the standard barrels are G2G. For many yers I ran 200 ran H&G SWCs with 4.3 grains of Clays as my standard USPSA/IPSC load and used to run around 10K a year through my personal gun.

great accuracy and soft shooters.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Nice, and Thanks for the vote of confidence in the M-21, I must say, this is the softest shooting 45 ACP with full power loads I've ever fired, if ever a case was to be made for staying on target and delivering a heavy payload the M-21 would be what I'd grab, recoil impulse is next to nil with this tank.

I carry it daily now, just so damn handy around the farm without worry of dust, dirt or scratching it up, no worries about it going boom if need be either. for some reason the shorter barrel on this pistol chronos about 15 fps faster than my 5" 1911's, hi-cap, shoots to the sights, I don't believe I could have picked a better utility carry piece.

Trump Won!
C
C
Have two Gen4 m-21 love them. The gold dots are awesome in them. I did some testing with dead cow meat/bones, layers of blue jean denim,card board, cow hide in various arrangements. The gold dots don't plug up and drive deep. Some other bullets not so much.

IC B3

G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by cowhand1972
Have two Gen4 m-21 love them. The gold dots are awesome in them. I did some testing with dead cow meat/bones, layers of blue jean denim,card board, cow hide in various arrangements. The gold dots don't plug up and drive deep. Some other bullets not so much.

Good deal Cowhand, interestingly enough, I went with the 230 gr gold dots for short barreled guns, they have a much shallower hollow point hole than the standard gold dots, my thinking was they'll still expand plenty wide enough, but, retain much more shank length for digging on in and penetrating a bit more, less of a shirt button [over expansion/pancake] effect than the standard GD's. smile

I carry that load in two 45 ACP's, a custom commander length bobtail 1911 and this newer M-21 Glock, hope some meat wanders in close enough this hunting season to try one out.

Trump Won!
Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
The short barrel Gold Dots are designed to expand more, not less. They're intended for the lower velocity of short barrels.

Better test them to see if they do what you want them to do.

Last edited by Yondering; 07/19/18.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Yondering
The short barrel Gold Dots are designed to expand more, not less. They're intended for the lower velocity of short barrels.

Better test them to see if they do what you want them to do.

Yup, funny to read the box and have the bullets do the exact opposite, I loaded both styles to like velocities and shot into homemade testing media, they penetrated alike, with the SB design going in a little deeper, expansion was the same, but, the SB design had a markedly longer remaining shank.

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Do any of you men customize [alter] the grip on your M-21's? my middle finger splits the hump on the Gen4 grip, I don't remember the first Gen I had many moons ago causing me this issue.

If I could get rid of the humps and/or maybe file? the trigger guard for a higher grip all would be perfect with this pistol.

Trump Won!
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Not a 21 but I sanded the hump and sanded the finger grooves off my gen 4 model 19. It made it much more comfortable to shoot.

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Thanks Bearcat, I would be much less dangerous with manual [slow] speed sandpaper than a dremel.

Trump Won!
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

I dremeled the trigger guard, going very slowly. The finger grooves were removed with my worksharp knife sharpener with the green sanding belt, again going slow.

I watched several YouTube videos before working on mine.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Hell of a deal, Thanks again, I never thought about looking for youtube videos on the subject, I do know this is becoming my favorite bang around the farm and work pistol, I tend to mind my nice 1911's, don't want to brush up against anything and scuff up the grips, blue, polished stainless etc on them, this gun don't care! smile

Trump Won!
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

My 19 was beating my middle knuckle to death before I ground the guard. A kid I used to coach brought his 19 down that he had worked the grip over on and it was much easier to shoot. He told me to check out YouTube on how to grind the guard and grip. The big sanding drum with fine paper worked great on the guard and the belt sander worked great on the grooves. My Gen 2 model 20 feel better than any of my other Glocks because of no grooves so I made my 19 grooveless.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
That'll work, think I'll work the trigger guard over first, that may allow my fingers to ride in the grooves vs on top of them, pinky will still hang off the bottom a little, but, resting on the face of the mag bottom will add a bit more surface area, as little as this pistol recoils it shouldn't be an issue anyway, I do like to settle in tight, high and square on any handgun as far as grip is concerned.

Trump Won!
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

351 members (10gaugemag, 2500HD, 1_deuce, 16penny, 260Remguy, 10ring1, 54 invisible), 2,542 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,686
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.