OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Great pictures godog!

GB1

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Bow hunted the Sangres for 5 years. I'll go back eventually but have chosen other areas due to my pops getting too old to hunt that rough of a terrain. I was given good advice from several members on here and will return the favor to you if you want to PM me. I will say one thing about this area: The Amish are taking over a certain part of the Sangres and in large numbers. One could argue what they are doing is illegal , based on what is technically an "outfitter". They're hunting technique is questionable and ethics isn't in their vocabulary based on what I saw.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I have only gone on pack trips for fishing but it sure is ideal horse country at least the areas we were in. Rode into a herd of about 40 Elk, they ignored the horses until we were right among them, a beautiful sight. Maybe a little North of you but at that time there were a couple of Basque sheep herders staying for the summer. They knew where the game was in their areas especially Bear and Lion. Not sure if this is allowed anymore.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
AlaskaCub:

Sent you a PM

T
T
Originally Posted by brayirish
Bow hunted the Sangres for 5 years. I'll go back eventually but have chosen other areas due to my pops getting too old to hunt that rough of a terrain. I was given good advice from several members on here and will return the favor to you if you want to PM me. I will say one thing about this area: The Amish are taking over a certain part of the Sangres and in large numbers. One could argue what they are doing is illegal , based on what is technically an "outfitter". They're hunting technique is questionable and ethics isn't in their vocabulary based on what I saw.

I'd like to know more about what the Amish are doing.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TLowell02
Originally Posted by brayirish

I'd like to know more about what the Amish are doing.

You can usually find a small group of them at their furniture store in Westcliffe

A
A
How did your ML hunt go? I am looking at hunting 82 in archery season?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

306 members (160user, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 1badf350, 33 invisible), 1,942 guests, and 929 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,658
Posts18,512,779
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.