Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug

I will look into the difference tomorrow about the 40073 and 40438 as I cannot figure that out either

Thanks!

Doug,

Did this fall through the cracks?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug

I will look into the difference tomorrow about the 40073 and 40438 as I cannot figure that out either

Thanks!

Doug,

Did this fall through the cracks?

I reached out to my Leica tech rep but did not hear back. Not sure if he is traveling or not. As soon as i hear back I will post

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
The 40073 is green and he 40438 is black, only difference

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Mine shipped today. I'm really looking forward to getting this thing a wringing it out. Got my fingers crossed it's as good as everyone says it is. If glass is as good as reported, and if I can get reliable ranges out to 1000 or so in any weather condition, I'll be a happy camper.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Which model did you get, JG?

My Edition 2200 regularly hits trees to almost 2000 m, and rock faces to 2085 m. Haven’t had much of a chance to hit animals with it yet. The Geovid outranges my Sig Kilo 2200, as far as sheer distance goes.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I got one a few months back from Doug. It was an upgrade from the one I bought maybe 10 or 12 years ago from Doug. Always loved the glass and there is no eye strain even after a full day of glassing. I haven't had a chance to try them yet.

NRA LIfe Member, Colt, Sig, Smith & Wesson, Springfield Armorer, NYBIN , NYPD Firearms Examiner, Serial Number Restoration, Cerakote, Gunkote, and Duracoat finishes
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Which model did you get, JG?

My Edition 2200 regularly hits trees to almost 2000 m, and rock faces to 2085 m. Haven’t had much of a chance to hit animals with it yet. The Geovid outranges my Sig Kilo 2200, as far as sheer distance goes.

I got this one:
Leica Geovid HD-R Typ 403 10x42 Rangefinder Binoculars #40054 I know diddly squat about any of them, but I elected not to get the one with the fancy ballistic info stuff.

Last edited by JGRaider; 06/26/18.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I have had my geovids for a couple of years and they rock. I use them hunting about 3 to 5 days a week and they have been very tough, and I have had no issues. I have mine programmed in mils and the numbers it gives me at distance are always spot on. Not close, spot on. And the glass is excellent, as expected. Buy them and use them with confidence.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The thing to realize with rangefinders is the question is absolutely not about accuracy... the question is yes/no; did you get a reading?

If you got a reading and the square/crosshair/dot was in the right spot the number will be impossibly correct. The problem is when the unit fails to get a reading. The better the unit the more times it will get a reading.

On more than one occasion I have had a number of different units going at once and they produce virtually exact numbers every time... until they fail to get a reading.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
The thing to realize with rangefinders is the question is absolutely not about accuracy... the question is yes/no; did you get a reading?

If you got a reading and the square/crosshair/dot was in the right spot the number will be impossibly correct. The problem is when the unit fails to get a reading. The better the unit the more times it will get a reading.

On more than one occasion I have had a number of different units going at once and they produce virtually exact numbers every time... until they fail to get a reading.

That's what I meant when using the term "reliable".

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

That's what I meant when using the term "reliable".

Agree, but reliable means many things to many people.

Some settle for a reading every once in a while...

I remember getting the Leica 1200 many moons ago after a number of different units had passed through. I was ranging a pickup truck at my neighbor's house and I could range the off-side rear tire under the truck versus the near side. No big deal until you see that I am enough higher that the off-side tire is barely visible...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
So I got the glass this afternoon, and just went down the road briefly to fiddle with it some. It's partly sunny, 99*. Glass is excellent, as everyone has said. The focus is on the slow side, which is what I prefer. It is easy to get sharp focus without overshooting it. You can nail it every time very easily. Targets were on the dull side....pump jacks, rooftops, metal buildings, a few cows and trees. I got instantaneous readings the first time, every time, from 200 out to just shy of 1200 yds. It was very quick to read. I like that. It is obviously a well built unit, no doubt, and ergos are great.

Question: Regarding the LED readout......is the brightness level adjustable, auto adjust, or what?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mine arrived as well. Glass is superb, Ergos seem spot on for me and I was able to get a reading on the Indian bingo hall across the valley at 2916 yds. Granted it’s a huge building with lots of glass, weather was 63 degrees and slightly overcast.

So far I’m very happy with them

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Sounds fun

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
"Question: Regarding the LED readout......is the brightness level adjustable, auto adjust, or what?"

The LED is not adjustable

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Question: Regarding the LED readout......is the brightness level adjustable, auto adjust, or what?

Did you adjust the diopter per the manual. Right out of the box I thought the readout was a little dim as well. After setting the right side diopter for my eyes the readout is much brighter and clearer. The readout is only present in the right lense of course.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Gotcha, thanks.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Gotcha, thanks.

After you tweak the diopter make sure you advise if it improves the visibility of the readout for you. When I first read the focus directions it seemed excessive but after doing it I definitely see an improvement on my unit. These are the first pair of binos I have ever owned that had a diopter focus for the right lense. I’m guessing it’s done for the same issue you are having, tweaking the readout to varying eyesight of owners.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Worked like a champ. I guess I should have read the directions.........Everything is in sharp focus now. The only nitpick I have that I mentioned to Doug is that the reticle and readout is slightly canted. It seems to be purely cosmetic, as it ranges well. I find the glass to be ever so slightly behind my 10x50 SV's, but I've found everything else I've tried to be the same. It's a very impressive unit so far in my very limited use.

How do you like yours?

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (06hunter59, 16penny, 16gage, 160user, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 60 invisible), 2,795 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,624
Posts18,492,811
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.