Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#12960628 07/01/18
V
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
V
I didn't realize kyle busch was such an azz. I'm not a huge fan but I will watch the last of a race if I remember it.
But kyle asked the crowd what they were whining about and if they didn't like the way he races, don't watch!
I thought that was pretty brazen when 3/4 of the seats were empty. Is he too dumb to figure out where his winnings
come from? Why does NASCAR put up with that and then wonder why attendance is down?

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What's NASCAR..............................................................oh yes around and around we go..........................no right turn and cookie cutter cars with lots of decals to set them apart.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I wanted the other Kyle to win but I say and Larson agreed it was hard racing. Larson displayed pure talent running kB down like that. Haven’t seen a driving display that good in years.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
NASCAR oughtta black flag anybody that whacks the other car in the rear, or rear QP at 190 mph, deliberate or not.

Race woulda been just as excitin either way.

But, it seems they're determined ta have the world's most expensive demolition derby every weekend.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
He was an ass the last time I watched nascar. And that was at least 2 years ago.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Nascar is crashing fast 'cause Brian France is an idiot..I raced their short tracks including Bristol back in the '70's...Races are too long ,,cars all look alike and they need to mandate smaller engines to cut costs ....What they really need is every car to have a clear to see and easy to read brand emblem on top and right side ..Lot's of folks pull for brand they like,oval,bow tie,bull horns ,etc..Smaller engines without "even up "rules...You cannot tell difference between 180 and 160 from stands...If they have a fight then let 'em fight..Fans love it...They are too sanitary because of big money sponsors..

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
You obviously haven’t watched much NASCAR. Kyle Busch has been the sport’s biggest prick for the last 10 years.

His actions today were expected.

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Time was he entire race was just like the last lap of this one. Race to the caution flag, no pit road steed limit, no lucky dog crap, and on and on. Made a race worth watching!

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Prwlr
What's NASCAR..............................................................oh yes around and around we go..........................no right turn and cookie cutter cars with lots of decals to set them apart.

I'd rather watch Men's Figure Skating.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by Prwlr

Does that say more about Nascar or about you?

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
NASCAR hasn’t been any good since it was the Winston Cup.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by GeoW
Time was he entire race was just like the last lap of this one. Race to the caution flag, no pit road steed limit, no lucky dog crap, and on and on. Made a race worth watching!

g

This. There's nothing wrong with letting men be men with the latest technology. And if the next Danica can drive or push herself to the front more power to her.

Last edited by Lockhart; 07/01/18.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by SuperCub

I’d never say that, no matter how sorry NASCAR is.

I think ‘stock’ car racing ought to be race ‘stock’ cars. If you like Chevy race Chevy
If you like Nash, race Nash. Know what I mean ?

Dale Sr. wasn’t my fav driver but I agree with his opinion. He said something to this effect,
“This parity stuff in the cars has turned racing into a parade and it’s dangerous “

Jerry

Last edited by jwall; 07/02/18.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Well, I was rooting to the other Kyle too (Larson); and athough the 42 hit the 18 first, I don't think it was intentional, unlike when the 18 intentionally took the 42 out. As to the 18 acting like a jerk (I took it as him mocking the fans of the other guy when he faked crying, etc.) I thought that was a little over the top.

That being said, I've read numerous articles over the years giving varying opinions and solutions as to why the attendance keeps decreasing. One that keeps popping up is that fans need to have drivers to root for and drivers to hate. They say that the sponsorships and NASCAR have sanitized the images of the drivers so much that say, the grouchy, foul-mouthed, chain-smoking, heavy drinker of old who showed up would never be hired for a team now, and never be sponsored if he did; therefore all we get are bland, never critical, sponsor name dropping, and "boring" drivers who all came out of the same mold. Don't know if that whole thing has any bearing on attendance/ viewership, but Kyle Busch certainly fits the bill as well as anyone in modern times at playing the "heel".

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sanitizing NASCAR is its biggest downfall.
Parity in the cars.
All the crap about the "Chase" turned it into a black sport with a ball.
Race the phuggin season. You have a champion.
I pretty much quit watching when Earnhardt died.
Finally quit after a couple years.

Tried to watch a month or so back.
Multiple "stages"? Really? Bunching up the cars, when safety is your concern.
What about good teams planning their fuel/tire stops. Strategy? Winging it, changing tactics on the fly.

I realize that these games inside the race arent noticed by novice fans, but NASCAR forgot who brought her to the dance.

I hated fuel driven wins, the same with yellow finishes.
Hell, I remember watching (Rusty Wallace, I believe) swerving back and forth trying to keep his little bit of fuel at the pickup,
Yellow flag, trying to just get to the checkered flag.

I thought it sucked.

Now, if fate hands them a bad finish.
They do a [bleep] do over.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I used to NEVER miss a race, until 2 yrs. ago. They got so boring, that now, I haven't seen a race all season.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I used to love NASCAR, and watched most of the races, listened to them on the radio, kept up with it faithfully. The France family ruined it by trying to make it more popular, and make it's appeal more nationwide. Haven't watched a race in a very long time, and have no plans to at all.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Too funny.

Black Cows Matter!
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
They were already fading out for me when they went to the “car of the future “. There was no interest left in me after they went to the single car build and just slapped emblems on them. The last of the good racing to me was mid to late eighties. Before restrictor plate racing. Wild Bill in the T Bird vs the Intimidator in the Chevy. Good times ! Super track racing pre restrictor plate separated the men from the boys.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 58 invisible), 2,612 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,295
Posts18,525,805
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.