Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
I just joined the Campfire a little while ago but I've been coming here for awhile. Since I have started posting I thought an intro was just the right thing to do. I'll just hit the high points...

My wife and I are both retired from the Army (me: 27 years active and reserve, her: 20 years active). I graduated from TSJC's gunsmithing school, spent the next 8 years gunsmithing for the AMU at Ft. Benning (met my wife at the AMU, BTW). Back on active duty after 9/11, trained marksmanship for the last ten years of my career. Second gunsmithing job was MidwayUSA, making videos with Larry Potterfield. Great guy and great experience. Moved to small town KY less than a year ago, and love it. Already done with my FFL interview, waiting for the paperwork to arrive. Life is good.

Anyway, that's me. Glad to be here and look forward to all of the information I can glean from all of the folks here.

"In the end God will not look you over for medals, degrees, or diplomas...but for scars."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Howdy Surly Bob. Hope your mood picks up.

wink

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Welcome to the 'fire Bob, bare wiht it, we can use some good guys.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by SurlyBob
I just joined the Campfire a little while ago but I've been coming here for awhile. Since I have started posting I thought an intro was just the right thing to do. I'll just hit the high points...

My wife and I are both retired from the Army (me: 27 years active and reserve, her: 20 years active). I graduated from TSJC's gunsmithing school, spent the next 8 years gunsmithing for the AMU at Ft. Benning (met my wife at the AMU, BTW). Back on active duty after 9/11, trained marksmanship for the last ten years of my career. Second gunsmithing job was MidwayUSA, making videos with Larry Potterfield. Great guy and great experience. Moved to small town KY less than a year ago, and love it. Already done with my FFL interview, waiting for the paperwork to arrive. Life is good.

Anyway, that's me. Glad to be here and look forward to all of the information I can glean from all of the folks here.

Welcome to the Fire. I'm sure we'd be interested in hearing some of your stories, gun experiences, etc.

Thank you for your service, your wife, too.

DF

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Did you recently put up a "No Fishing" sign on the property directed at a new neighbor?

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
GFY

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
First story I would like to hear - how large is Larry Potterfield’s gun collection?! Anything that stands out above the rest?

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by add

Did you recently put up a "No Fishing" sign on the property directed at a new neighbor?

My pond is only three acres, no signs.

"In the end God will not look you over for medals, degrees, or diplomas...but for scars."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't take any criticism or personal insults serious. Welcome aboard. Lots of former military on here, and some Air Force guys as well. wink

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Welcome aboard. From what I’ve seen most Army guys are OK🙂 Hope to see some gunsmithing tweaks.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
IC B3

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Don't take any criticism or personal insults serious. Welcome aboard. Lots of former military on here, and some Air Force guys as well. wink

laugh

Hope you gotta thick skin... blush

The Fire experience is not too unlike eating chicken wings. You eat the meat, spit out the bones... grin

Not real hard knowing the difference... cool

DF

Last edited by Dirtfarmer; 07/01/18.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Moved to small town KY less than a year ago, and love it.

Do you have a pond on your property?

ETA

Last edited by Fubarski; 07/01/18. Reason: Shat, I type slow
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Welcome -always nice to have another former Army guy on board. smile At one point, or another, I've probably watched every Larry Potterfield video out there.

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by cotis
First story I would like to hear - how large is Larry Potterfield’s gun collection?! Anything that stands out above the rest?

Never got to see his personal collection, but part of the company's collection is in my avatar. MY favorites were a real Rigby in .275, a Griffin and Howe 30-06 from the '30's (which hurt worse to shoot than a 460 Wby!), too many to list really. Best part was that when the cameras were off we got to shoot all of the stuff he did on camera.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Welcome to the Fire, and thanks for your service.

Lots of types on here, mostly good, and some that think they own the place.

Learn how to ignore some of them.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Farmboy1
Welcome to the Fire, and thanks for your service.

Lots of types on here, mostly good, and some that think they own the place.

Learn how to ignore some of them.

grin

He will. We'll help him...

DF

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

but if others start posting pictures of good looking girls in your threads, then that's a bad sign, for you! the rest of us love those threads.

and Welcome !

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Welcome Bob! Thank you and Mrs. Surly for your service.

Can Bristoe fish in your pond?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Welcome to the fire. We always try to give a “warm” welcome to “novices”, such as yourself! wink Also.....a big thanks to you and your wife, for your service! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Moved to small town KY less than a year ago, and love it.

Do you have a pond on your property?

ETA

Dude, really?

I get paid for the material, so stop stealin' it.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (160user, 222Sako, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 007FJ, 12344mag, 64 invisible), 2,293 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,278
Posts18,486,771
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.