Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
A
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Just finished the break in process of my ridgeline in 6.5 Creedmore. I have never had a synthetic rifle and wanted something as an all weather gun. I have always been a 6.5x55 guy but the vast amount of inexpensive accurate factory creedmore ammo pushed me over the edge. The trigger is very clean, the grip on the stock is slender (which i like) and the overall ergonomics, fit and finish seem to be first class.

The gun shoots well with the better groups being right around .5 MOA with remington coreloks HAHAHA. Tried some hornady precision hunter and will be buying some other factory ammo to see what shoots the best. Then i should have a bunch of brass to have my buddy load me some handloads.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Congratulations! Looks great!

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
V
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
V
I recently bought one of these chambered in .300 WSM and noticed mine has a tight chamber, how does your ridgeline chamber loaded rounds? Is it a little tight?....Thanks Hb

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Hornady 143 grain EL-Dx Precision Hunter, should shine for you.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Local Dealer and not so local Dealer (1Hr) are stocking these and selling the chitt out of them. They both have very positive feedback from their customers.

IC B2

V
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
V
I just had mine to the range 1 time but it showed me some 3 shot 1 hole groups @100 yds with Barnes vortex 168 grain factory loads, i like a lot if its features like the AR style extractor and machined aluminum bottom metal and the Trigger Tech trigger is nice but im not a fan of the hard to close bolt with the tight chamber.....Hb

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
I just had mine to the range 1 time but it showed me some 3 shot 1 hole groups @100 yds with Barnes vortex 165 factory loads, i like a lot if its features like the AR style extractor and machined aluminum bottom metal and the Trigger Tech trigger is nice but im not a fan of the hard to close bolt with the tight chamber.....Hb

I have used WW Deer Season and Federal Hybrid bergers and not one issue. It is easily the most accurate rifle I own. It shot the best with the 18 dollar a box walmart special deer season bullets and that includeds cleaning after each shot the first 10 shots and after every 2nd shot for the next 20 and then after 3 shots .

I have a Mesa not the ridgeline. I think the magazine spring is quite stout , more then I am used to .

A
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
A
I would say the action is tight but just enough to notice it. I have been impressed i can't wait to stretch it out a little. My neighbor just hayed and should be able to get out to about 450 yards.

V
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
V
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
I just had mine to the range 1 time but it showed me some 3 shot 1 hole groups @100 yds with Barnes vortex 165 factory loads, i like a lot if its features like the AR style extractor and machined aluminum bottom metal and the Trigger Tech trigger is nice but im not a fan of the hard to close bolt with the tight chamber.....Hb

I have used WW Deer Season and Federal Hybrid bergers and not one issue. It is easily the most accurate rifle I own. It shot the best with the 18 dollar a box walmart special deer season bullets and that includeds cleaning after each shot the first 10 shots and after every 2nd shot for the next 20 and then after 3 shots .

I have a Mesa not the ridgeline. I think the magazine spring is quite stout , more then I am used to .

Those Mesa's are some sharp looking rifles, I saw a bronze Mesa in .308 Win at a LGS that looks awesome, one of the best looking rifles I have ever seen.....Yeah I only did my little half ass break-in procedure with my Ridgeline rifle......I clean after each shot for the first 5 then I shoot a 3 shot group and clean one more time then its time to shoot the hell out of it!..👍....This is My second Ridgeline (the other was chambered in .300 Win) both have been extremely accurate......Hb

V
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
V
Originally Posted by avfromvt
Just finished the break in process of my ridgeline in 6.5 Creedmore. I have never had a synthetic rifle and wanted something as an all weather gun. I have always been a 6.5x55 guy but the vast amount of inexpensive accurate factory creedmore ammo pushed me over the edge. The trigger is very clean, the grip on the stock is slender (which i like) and the overall ergonomics, fit and finish seem to be first class.

The gun shoots well with the better groups being right around .5 MOA with remington coreloks HAHAHA. Tried some hornady precision hunter and will be buying some other factory ammo to see what shoots the best. Then i should have a bunch of brass to have my buddy load me some handloads.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Sharp looking rifle, I like the camo stock....Hb

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 160user, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 69 invisible), 2,620 guests, and 1,323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,476
Posts18,471,571
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.