-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
It'll warm back up before you get there...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
GB1

hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Down to 2 days and a wake up. Got the prelinary packing done. SAP permit approved to overnight in J'berg. Got a couple of paperbacks for the plane INCLUDING: Jim Corbet, compliments of our own INGWE (who sent it to Hatari Jr. to further his education and appreciation for the classics!)

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by hatari
Down to 2 days and a wake up. Got the prelinary packing done. SAP permit approved to overnight in J'berg. Got a couple of paperbacks for the plane INCLUDING: Jim Corbet, compliments of our own INGWE (who sent it to Hatari Jr. to further his education and appreciation for the classics!)

Corbett is damn good reading!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Ingwe's a good egg for sure. I hope you have the time of your life Jeff.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
hat, Best of luck on your trip of a lifetime...😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A bump reminder that TODAY is HATARI TURBO-SUCKAGE DAY. He departs for the Luangwa Valley in Zambia.. Does he SUCK or what? Can I get an "amen", please!

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"AMEN" X sukitude to the tenth power !

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI
A bump reminder that TODAY is HATARI TURBO-SUCKAGE DAY. He departs for the Luangwa Valley in Zambia.. Does he SUCK or what? Can I get an "amen", please!

Dang, with friends like this...... wink

Packed and stacked. Flight out at 20:00.
Working a 1/2 day. (I am so unmotivated,,,!!!)

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by ingwe
Cats on the menu I presume...

Not this trip (unfortunately). I want to bag another of your namesake, this time a "Big Tom". Does that describe you still? wink

Not near as big after losing 90 pounds....no cats this time?

How about buffalo, sable, or roan?

And oh yeah, you suck.

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Have a great trip, and yeah, you suck.

Already trying to figure out how/when to go back after leopard. There are worse habits to be engaged in.

Arcus Venator
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Cats on the menu I presume...

Not this trip (unfortunately). I want to bag another of your namesake, this time a "Big Tom". Does that describe you still? wink

Not near as big after losing 90 pounds....no cats this time?

How about buffalo, sable, or roan?

And oh yeah, you suck.

He's doing buffalo I'm pretty sure and he already has the other two. But he still sucks..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
No cats this time. Buffalo, Cookson's wildebeest are the top two. I want to grab a bushbuck, and if a good sized southern kudud appears it will be mine. Hippo is possibility. Hatari Jr. will grab puku, impala, and whatever else.

I looking forward to doing one other thing, that might not seem flashy to most, but something I've want to do for years. As I put in another thread, I had a duoble made with 2 barrels - .450 #2 NE and 20 g. I've junted with the NE barrels but never have taken the 20g to Africa, or anywhere else to get some bird shooting in. This time, I'm going to give it a try, Figure what a nice way to finish off a day in bush shooting sand grouse or doves over a water hole or at the river as the sun drops.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Figure what a nice way to finish off a day in bush shooting sand grouse or doves over a water hole or at the river as the sun drops.

If he would have added "over Sundowners" he would SUCK even more,....We expect LOTS of pics, Jeff!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Enjoy.

Have Dog

Will Travel

hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Overnighting in Jberg, so have WiFi.
Delta Comfort is great! Plenary of leg room even for me.
A+ to Gracey Travel so far. Meet and greet and firearms clearance all smoothly.

Time for some food and a big glass of good Stellenbosch Red 🍷

hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Staying at City Lodge. Attached to airport. Built for World Cup 2010, accommodations are good.

Off the subject, the “faces” of South Africa have certainly changed in the 30 years since I first came here. This was the land of blonde girls and 6’4 policemen back then. I haven’t seen a Caucasian yet working or in authority .

While I’m at, flight attendants sure have changed. There wasn’t one on my Delta flight under 60- I’m not kidding. Menopause left one of them grumpy as hell.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Not only is the man in friggin; AFRICA, but he rubs it in... As to the "Stews" thank the democrats and the femenazis. Just like in the military, no standards...

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Glad you got to go.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Guys, just an update, Hatari and his son are "tearing it up" over there. I'll not steal his thunder, but he's got some great trophies in the salt already! YEAH, HE SUCKS...

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Guys, just an update, Hatari and his son are "tearing it up" over there. I'll not steal his thunder, but he's got some great trophies in the salt already! YEAH, HE SUCKS...

That bastid!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

117 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 2500HD, 35, 15 invisible), 1,532 guests, and 1,036 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,951
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.