Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
Educate me. Never used one, need one. Main uses will be cleaning vinyl fence, vinyl siding, concrete, brick.

Gas or electric? Around the house will have access to electric but might need an extension cord.....looks like some don't allow that. I do have a generator but it would be a pain to lug around.

Do any allow use of standing water or do all require a garden hose? One that could use standing water from a pond would be useful for cleaning concrete water troughs a couple of times a year.

Recommended brands/models welcome. Thanks

GB1

B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I bought the Ryobi from HD. Electric. Have had great success with it. Quiet, and uses less water than a gas. Also don't have to worry about storing it and gas issues. I use it for the same things you will. I run it on a larger extension cord with no issues.

Think it is a 2200psi, for around $200

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I have a small electric Ryobi that I use for the same tasks as you, just cleaned my daughter's house and concrete patio/fence earlier this week. It did a good job, no restriction as to extension cord we used a garden hose but I believe that it has an attachment that allows the use of another water source. Best part about mine is it only cost $89.00 on sale at Home Depot.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had an electric one from Home Depot a few years ago. It sucked. Bought a 'Powerstroke' brand with a Subaru engine, 2800 psi, and it's been excellent. Maybe the newer electrics are better.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Just make sure it has enough pressure and flow to run one of these.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/203105727

IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by turkish
Just make sure it has enough pressure and flow to run one of these.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/203105727

This is important. Don't just compare pressure numbers, be sure to take the gallons per minute rating into account. PSI without enough GPM is like voltage without amperage to back it up.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Gas......Karcher pump......Honda motor

Pump will go long before the motor.....

my Karcher pump lasted 12 years...Honda still going

Link shows Honda's better motor......$699

most gas pressure washers start at $400ish

Free ship/no tax.......buy once cry once

https://www.pressurewashersdirect.com/Karcher-G3200XH-Pressure-Washer/p6959.html

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
A guy who does pressure washing as a business told me that with the so called non-professional grade stuff, the pumps wear out at about 100 hours and suggested renting one when I needed it. He is probably right but that is an awful lot of pressure washing for regular people. I'd be hard pressed to do that in a decade. I've found borrowing pressure washers from people who buy them and never use them to be more cost effective! laugh

I had a little electric unit for about 10 years probably 1500 psi that was pretty nice for washing my boat and other odds and ends......basically a strong garden hose. They are better and stronger now no doubt.

So anyway, if you are going to get 100 hours out of a $300 big box unit, you have to weigh the cost vs how much you are going to use it when you consider the better ones. You won't have any problems with a gasoline unit if you put non-ethanol gas in it and use fuel stabilizer. I've had stuff sit for a year and a half and fire right up. Whenever I borrow a pressure washer, I run whatever gas out of it doing whatever it is I borrowed it to do and refill it with good gas and stabilizer for the nice person who loaned it to me.

Last edited by RJY66; 07/05/18.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Bought mine at pressure washer direct too. Most at the big chain stores are junk.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I had an electric Karcher. It was minimally effective. Went to a Ryobi gas and it is amazing, a ton of power, good gas use and starts every time. Got it at Home Depot on sale for about $300. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-3...-Gas-Pressure-Washer-RY803000E/301004439

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
I had an electric one from Home Depot a few years ago. It sucked. Bought a 'Powerstroke' brand with a Subaru engine, 2800 psi, and it's been excellent. Maybe the newer electrics are better.

I have a Rigid with the Subaru engine I bought probably 8 years ago and it has never not started. Its amazing it sits for long periods of time sometimes and I'm scared whether it will start. Couple pulls and it always fires up. Nothing but good to say about that little Subaru engine.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bought mine in like new condition off Craigslist for $200. No regrets on that purchase.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by k20350
Originally Posted by SockPuppet

I have a Rigid with the Subaru engine I bought probably 8 years ago and it has never not started. Its amazing it sits for long periods of time sometimes and I'm scared whether it will start. Couple pulls and it always fires up. Nothing but good to say about that little Subaru engine.

Good to know. I saw some Simpson branded pressure washers at my Sam's Club and they had Subaru engines on them.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Gas
Rent one don't buy

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Whatever you get just make sure it has a Triplex (plunger) pump instead of an Axial Cam (Direct Drive) pump. The Triplex will cost you more, but will outlast the Axial Cam.

I went through a couple of Troy Builts with the Axial Cam pumps before I ended up with a Generac that has a Triplex pump. For me, it was well worth the extra cost.

Retired and Loving It!!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Bear Cat by Echo is more expensive, mine is a 2700PSI with a honda motor, don't run clorox through the pump hand spray it and then pressure wash. I could have bought a much cheaper unit but have always believe you get what you pay for

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

just so ya know......ever need a washer pump ?

Toolbarn has it........generic or OEM

https://www.toolbarn.com/ar-north-america-srmv22g26-ez-pkg.html/

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

IMO, it's ALL about the PSI.

I have a Karcher @ 2400 psi and there have been times it is lacking. If you don't need to knock electrons loose, change the tip.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
http://www.watercannon.com/p-2737-pressure-washer-honda-gx200-65hp-28gpm-2800psi.aspx

I just bought this one recently, have only tested it so far. The specs are a misprint, it's actually 3300 PSI. I like the product but was a little disappointed in the service. They didn't let me know it wasn't in stock and wouldn't give me tracking info etc., took 3 weeks to arrive. The pump is AR triplex with a made in China sticker on it eek. Funny how I didn't see that in the description. If you want anything better, most of the guys in a forum I researched build their own belt drive units for more PSI and GPM.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
After a fair amount of research, I went with a Simpson / Honda engine.
Tis a workhorse.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

122 members (450yukon, 260Remguy, 300_savage, 6MMWASP, 2ndwind, 14 invisible), 1,702 guests, and 987 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,756
Posts18,476,379
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.