Hop To
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by ken999
Buh bye striker number 2.

First gone at 600...this one lasted around 1200.

Pissed...

That is not good news, I have just under 1000 rounds out of my 365, so far so good, pissed, is an understatement. I’m sure they will get the situation rectified the problem is when.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Military Arms Channel on that video hosting place has a P365 that can only be fired UPSIDE DOWN. Their video is worth watching. I don't think I've ever seen a newly released pistol with such a wide variety of serious issues.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I'm only giving them one more shot on this thing...

Until then it's Glock 43 in the pocket...

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Looks like waiting a full year for them to get the wrinkles out was a good idea.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I'm wondering if they will have it figured out in a year.

This is crap.

I've got $350 or so in ammo through it at 18 cents a round.

If they fix it again I'm burning another 1k though it before I carry it, so there's another $180.

By then it'll be ready for springs.

Who's paying for all of this R&D?

Last edited by ken999; 07/01/18.
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ken999
I'm wondering if they will have it figured out in a year.

This is crap.

I've got $350 or so in ammo through it at 18 cents a round.

If they fix it again I'm burning another 1k though it before I carry it, so there's another $180.

By then it'll be ready for springs.

Who's paying for all of this R&D?

You.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Word on the forums is that the latest iteration of the P365 has a redesigned striker. There are pictures of it on Sig Forum.

I have seen the new striker, the tip is even longer or looks longer to me. The trigger is not as good and they are putting the gun in a smaller plastic case. Mine is back at the factory for 3 weeks getting a new magazine release button. The one I had rusted pretty bad. My buddy has one of those small Springfield XDS or what ever it is a mini 45, he has carried it for two years and the metal release button is not rusted on his. SIG is a 90 percent company, they make an innovative little pistol, wonderfully accurate, amazing magazine capacity for its size and then put a POS MIM striker in it that breaks easily, put what must be a poorly blued magazine release button in it and call it good. In my note to the factory I said as much and said use SS for the external parts and charge more money! They are a far far cry from the 220 and 228 I had 20 years ago. If glock comes out with a 13 shot mini 9mm that is about as accurate I think I will sell the P365. Right now its hold on me is its accuracy and the capacity. My copy has been reliable. Whoever is running Sig now is either an arrogant man or he is just not that bright.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The thing that gripes me about Sig is that they lie about what's going on. They claimed everything was fine with the P365 striker but then quietly changed it. Consumer videos documented the change that, according to Sig, never happened--until Sig got exposed, then they proudly announce how they are "improving" the gun to make it even better.

I was rooting for Sig up until the P365 fiasco. But, now, they're too similar to how Kimber has handled their rifle debacle...

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by Waders
The thing that gripes me about Sig is that they lie about what's going on. They claimed everything was fine with the P365 striker but then quietly changed it. Consumer videos documented the change that, according to Sig, never happened--until Sig got exposed, then they proudly announce how they are "improving" the gun to make it even better.

I was rooting for Sig up until the P365 fiasco. But, now, they're too similar to how Kimber has handled their rifle debacle...

Same thing they did with the 320, and the 556 issues before that. Anybody notice a pattern? I'm sure some of the fanboys will be along to tell us how good Sig is though...

The 365 is an awesome concept; too bad Sig forgot to tell the first customers that they're beta testers. I look forward to trying one when the bugs are worked out in a couple years.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I read everywhere that “Sig will make it right” and to “wait a year.” But, who is to say that Sig will ever get it right with this model? The objective of the model appears to have been to make a significantly higher capacity gun in a lighter, shorter length, shorter height, narrower gun than all of the competition combined. Any of those goals alone would have presented engineering challenges, but doing them in one gun is really testing the outer limits. The stats look so good on paper that tens of thousands of people are rushing to get one in spite of the issues that have resulted in numerous rolling upgrades. I am not sure that I ever will get comfortable enough to trust one.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
I read everywhere that “Sig will make it right” and to “wait a year.” But, who is to say that Sig will ever get it right with this model? The objective of the model appears to have been to make a significantly higher capacity gun in a lighter, shorter length, shorter height, narrower gun than all of the competition combined. Any of those goals alone would have presented engineering challenges, but doing them in one gun is really testing the outer limits. The stats look so good on paper that tens of thousands of people are rushing to get one in spite of the issues that have resulted in numerous rolling upgrades. I am not sure that I ever will get comfortable enough to trust one.

Good points. That's pushing engineering to its limits, and that's never a good thing when it comes to producing something that works reliably and that will hold up to heavy use.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
SIG has better marketing than they have products, the recent selection of the 320 by the Army, their continued problems and the way they treat their customers makes me think they are part of the swamp.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Mine has been 100% reliable, not a bobble with the ammo I use, over 500 rounds so far. Mine was built 6-22-2018.

It has been a good so far, small and light, good sights and magazine capacity for such a tiny pistol.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If the striker drag that I see in the videos is common, it is a big component of the broken strikers.
They might fix the strikers, but the issue will remain. Can it be 100% solved?
When guns get this short, there is only so much room to recoil, cam out of battery, extract and eject, and clear the mag to pick up the next round.
We are reaching the limit of being able to get it all done reliably.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
If the striker drag that I see in the videos is common, it is a big component of the broken strikers.
They might fix the strikers, but the issue will remain. Can it be 100% solved?
When guns get this short, there is only so much room to recoil, cam out of battery, extract and eject, and clear the mag to pick up the next round.
We are reaching the limit of being able to get it all done reliably.

This.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've had a handful of light primer strikes and failures to extract. They are very rare and I originally assumed it was ammo related but still happening with certain ammo that functions fine with my Glocks. Really contemplating whether or not to send it back for service or trade it for another Glock 43 and see what happens with Sig QC in the future. The more negative I read about them the less confidence I have in it. Really hope Sig listens to their customers and steps up their game. Cheap parts from India aren't going to fly in todays market.

Last edited by wareagle700; 07/05/18.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you are patient, they will get this worked out.
Hopefully, without frame/slide changes that leave 1st Gen owners stranded.
They built prototypes that worked.
The problem comes when they went to production techniques.
Then, once there are big numbers of parts available, they rush to $ell guns.
Instead of testing the production product throughly.

Last edited by Dillonbuck; 07/06/18.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
yep you could carry 2 glock 43's. Regards SIG will make it right, we will see, this I think will finally be my last sig product. A glock may not be accurate but it is damn reliable.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jimmyp
yep you could carry 2 glock 43's. Regards SIG will make it right, we will see, this I think will finally be my last sig product. A glock may not be accurate but it is damn reliable.

Glocks aren't accurate??

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jimmyp

Wife keeps one with her.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

205 members (12344mag, 257 mag, 2500HD, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 160user, 257robertsimp, 20 invisible), 1,732 guests, and 991 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,495
Posts18,472,146
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.