Hop To
#1297596 03/09/07
B
BIGF00T Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Has anyone tried the Icebreaker brand of boot blanket. Do they keep your feet warm or are they not worth the money? Gander Mountain has a whole bunch of them in the Grand Rapids Mi , Rivertown store for $60.00. Need some feedback please?

This seemed to be the most logical forum to ask this question , as hunting relates to guns and shooting , and boot blankets are related to hunting. smile

Everything I say to you is a lie , and that is the truth.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My buddy told me they are great for long static positions but not made for any kind of walking. Use them on stand and apparently they do the trick nicely. Never used them personally.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
B
BIGF00T Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Thanks for the reply Eviltwin. This is the kind of info I'm seeking

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
BIGFOOT,

I have used them many times and they work great. The first generation were good, but the material on the soles was loud when it got really cold. With the new ones this is not a problem. I just carry them out to the stand and hoist them up with my bow or rifle. Cabela's has them on sale here for $39.95, a good deal IMO.

Mike

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
B
BIGF00T Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by BOWHUNR
Cabela's has them on sale here for $39.95, a good deal IMO. Mike

Thanks for the tip Mike. They do still have them for that price and in my size. (XL ). Even with shipping this is a better price than I had.

IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I use mine seldom but when I need them they are great. They will allow me to stay on stand comfortably for much longer. When it gets down around zero, I always take them along. I never walk in mine but I've never had a problem with good boots keeping me warm on the move.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've been using them for years, and I think they are wonderful for stand hunting. You can also stuff the hand warmer packs in them to keep your feet really toasty.

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

B
BIGF00T Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
I just went to Cabela's site and ordered a pair. Thanks to all who replied.

Thanks again BOWHUNR for the "heads up "

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wingsupply.com has them for $35-- same stuff. I ordered a pair this week.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Ill chime in even thought you made the right decision and bought a pair. Last year I went to a lighter insulated (600 gram) boot and boot blankets. It works pretty well. I sling the blankets on my pack and put them on when I need them. They work great.
Work great for slippers around the house also smile

Why can't I see anyones Avatars ?
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I bought my pair over 15 years ago. I swear by mine. They are not made for walking but slip those big boys on when you get to your stand or blind and your feet will stay warm.

I took a nice buck one year that I know was because I was able to endure the sub zero temps for over five hours. At about hour five a nice eight point appeared at this well used crossing.

Chock one up for the boot blankets!

Hunting the "Roar",
Mark Luce

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I have to use them since my diabetes has ruined the curculation in my feet I cannot walk far in cold and sitting in a blind or stand could cripple me worse the boot blankets work real good with electro socks keep my toes toasty so I do not have the frost bite problem to worry about as much. But they aint made for walking at all.

Declaration of Independance, in ENGLISH
U.S. Constitution, in ENGLISH
U.S. Bill of Rights, in ENGLISH
If you cannot or don't want to learn ENGLISH, go back to the third world cesspool you came from
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
A good friend of mine, who is paralized from the waist down uses them all the time while hunting. It is a life saver for him because he cannot tell when he is cold, and they work.

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Maybe I'm the oddball but I have a pair of Articshield brand and I've used them twice and they sucked.. Maybe I have abnormally cold feel but I didn't care for them

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
BIG FOOT; That is sooo funny to someone who's never heard of a "Boot Blanket", and imagined a regular blanket wrapped around someone's feet, who goes by the name BIGFOOT! I envisioned a person wrapping a blanket around his feet because they're too big for boots. Thanks for the laugh! Don't try to jump up and run...! That was great...back to reality now.
That's it, nothing constructive; just that we learn something every day. Still laughing.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They're here!!!

They arrived Friday night, but I didn't have things set up to post the pics.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by shaman; 03/11/07.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
You might also try the t-shirt shop for a like-sized t-shirt. You're going to have warm feet, but you're going to freeze in half! I know!

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
B
BIGF00T Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Bulletbutt
BIG FOOT; That is sooo funny to someone who's never heard of a "Boot Blanket", and imagined a regular blanket wrapped around someone's feet, who goes by the name BIGFOOT! I envisioned a person wrapping a blanket around his feet because they're too big for boots. Thanks for the laugh! Don't try to jump up and run...! That was great...back to reality now.
That's it, nothing constructive; just that we learn something every day. Still laughing.

I actually truly wear a size 15 shoe , hence my nickname

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
That dude looks dangerous.
He's going on my watch list.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Well, you ought to be able to hear him coming, anyway.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 50 invisible), 18,546 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,965
Posts18,539,778
Members74,052
Most Online20,796
Yesterday at 04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.