Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
little red riding hood should at least carry bear spray. add some (gasp) m80's and the pack would be long gone.
1 shot from my 41 mag got 18 of them running pretty good.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
An example of Theoretical meeting Actual.

Students these days...

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Interesting story. Thanks for posting.

LOL
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I’ve hunted that area for years and years and the game department said that what I had seen was a coyote and not a wolf. I told them that it was as much a wolf as he was a fool and that since it was a coyote and no wolves were acknowledged to be there that I’d shoot the coyote and prove him wrong. A few years later I was hunting with my wife’s uncle who’s a well seasoned Alaskan Sourdough when he whispered “wolf” we couldn’t get a shot and it’s probably best that we didn’t because as much as I would’ve loved to have been right I likely would’ve had a mess of grief on my hands proving that they were liars.

The “research student” is likely a wolf hugger, the same type of jackass that wanted or advocated for the proliferation of an apex predator with no controls in place. If so they’d have done us all a favor if they were wolf shi.t rather than rescued.

Instead of going in and shooting 1 or 2 of them and instilling fear of people into that pack they instead proved to them that humans ARE a potential source of food since there were no consequences.

This state has mismanaged our fish and game so egregiously that it’s criminal. They’ve all but given the flat nosed, fish-eating Indians total control of OUR fish, game and ground. I’ll continue to hunt ducks and geese down here and I’ll continue to crab and dig razor clams because I get a good return on my investment but the day is coming where I’ll escape to our place up north and not waste one more penny in this once great state. It’s sad because I have priceless memories of my adventures down here but like everything else it’s been ruined by liberal fa.gs.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Lennie, thanks for the link.

Aces, great post brother.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
It’s not the wolves’ fault, they didn’t understand how much she loved and respected them. 🙄

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
"There was this other time I was counting three toed yellow backed frogs for the Dept of Three Toed Yellow Backed Frogs when I was surrounded by wolves. They weren't trying to hurt me, I think they were just trying to study human interaction with the wild".

"I climbed a tree to get a better view and was able to observe them in their natural state for several hours".

LOL
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I like to see this sort of story. A little danger adds spice. GD

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by greydog
I like to see this sort of story. A little danger adds spice. GD

Unarmed and clueless people in the woods in proximity to re-introduced apex predators with little reason to fear humans.

Some deaths seem inevitable.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I would have just threw burning pine cones at them to buy time until the eagles showed up.. smile

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Wolves are so cute and cuddly, fake news......

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Deputies say they're sending a team to investigate whether the area is a kill site or a den site, and determine if there is any threat to people in the area.

"If these types of situations are going to become a common occurrence, we would like to be prepared for potential encounters in the future," Sheriff Frank Rogers said in a release Thursday.

Prepared as in more body bags? They should have had a shooter in the helo ready to take out as many wolves as possible when they got there.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RickyD
Deputies say they're sending a team to investigate whether the area is a kill site or a den site, and determine if there is any threat to people in the area.

"If these types of situations are going to become a common occurrence, we would like to be prepared for potential encounters in the future," Sheriff Frank Rogers said in a release Thursday.

Prepared as in more body bags? They should have had a shooter in the helo ready to take out as many wolves as possible when they got there.
That might happen in Idaho, but this was in WA. They LOVE their cuddly puppies.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
V
Vek Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
I overnighted in that very campsite July1 with my 5yo daughter, then hiked into the Lakes for an overnighter July 2/3. Got snowed on all day the 2nd. Lots of doggy prints on the trail...and furry poop, in two instances they'd crapped right on top of a salad-plate-sized flat rock, right in the middle of the trail?

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
She sounds like a good climber.

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Vek
I overnighted in that very campsite July1 with my 5yo daughter, then hiked into the Lakes for an overnighter July 2/3. Got snowed on all day the 2nd. Lots of doggy prints on the trail...and furry poop, in two instances they'd crapped right on top of a salad-plate-sized flat rock, right in the middle of the trail?

Were you carrying?

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
They should have sent our helicopter, complete with a gunner, and his shotgun. The results would have been much better.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

686 members (16gage, 160user, 12344mag, 10ring1, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 71 invisible), 2,998 guests, and 1,418 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,617
Posts18,492,622
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.