Hop To
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by SuperCub

Real nice guy, your God....murdering EVERYONE.

You made the claim.

Lets here you defend it.

You're the one who made the claim (see above) and I did defend it. God doesn't need my defence anyways so rail away.

BTW ..... The only ones that God murdered are those that thumbed their noses at him in disobedience.

I guess you missed the quotes about the flood drowning everyone, and everything that was not on the arc?

Nope ... I didn't miss that. I've read it several times.

What you missed was the the whole world was warned of what was going to happen. They mocked God and ignored those warnings. We all deserve to die for our disobedience.

Starman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Even though they were grounded after 5 months, the ark was partially afloat for months longer.

Grounded but partially afloat for much longer?....Genesis 8 does not say that.

..the 1st land appeared in the 10th month and it was at least another month after that
before they could get out.

Genesis does not say they couldn't physically get out...rather Noah was not permitted to disembark until
all flood waters had receded and the whole earth was dry and had permission from God.....ie;
only when things were all back to complete normal.

Genesis 8:13-16
.And it came to pass in the six hundredth and first year, in the first month, the first day of the month,
the waters were dried up from off the earth:....and, behold, the face of the ground was dry.
14 And in the second month, on the seven and twentieth day of the month, was the earth dried.
15 And God spake unto Noah, saying,
16 Go forth of the ark, thou, and thy wife, and thy sons, and thy sons' wives with thee.

Waiting for ALL flood waters to be dried up from the earth doesn't have to mean the Ark was not
already properly dry grounded for months already.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Starman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Genesis 8:

5 And the waters decreased continually until the tenth month: in the tenth month, on the first day of the month,
were the tops of the mountains seen.

6 And it came to pass at the end of forty days, that Noah opened the window of the ark which he had made:

7 And he sent forth a raven, which went forth to and fro, until the waters were dried up from off the earth.

8 Also he sent forth a dove from him, to see if the waters were abated from off the face of the ground;

9 But the dove found no rest for the sole of her foot, and she returned unto him into the ark, for the waters
were on the face of the whole earth:

Tops of the mountains can be seen in genesis 8:5, then in 8:9 the dove cannot find any ground
because the earth is still totally covered.

which simply means waters had not receded enough to practically disembark people and animals
to allow them to go and disperse on their purposeful way, ..but the Ark may well have been high and dry
for months already....especially if the Ark had grounded on the highest part of the mountains.

Then from that high dry vantage point, Noah was then (in the 10th month) now able to see newly exposed
areas of the lower peaks/ridges.

Starman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gus

but, in any event, the matriarchy was pretty much shut out, and "the garden of eden" was no more.

I think the garden remained intact after Adam & Eve were ejected, but the flood would have wiped it out... wink
and I don't know of the garden having any ship berthing facilities for a 300 cubit Ark.

.... the whole world was warned of what was going to happen. They mocked God and ignored those warnings.
We all deserve to die for our disobedience.

How did God or Noah go about warning every inhabitant on the globe?
Where in scripture does God or Noah give any direct flood warning to the people?

I only know of God warning Noah and nobody else. (Hebrews 11:7)

Matthew 24:

37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage,
until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be".

Even If they had issued a warning that many then decided to heed, how would so many earthly inhabitants
fit inside the Ark..?....construction plans( ie; size) for the Ark were already established by God.
and God didn't ask Noah or anyone else to build more Arks.

God had decided to drown them all and thats that.!

I have heard Christians often say Noah was mocked and ridiculed when building the ark, but I cannot find
any scripture to support such claim.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You're the one who made the claim (see above) and I did defend it. God doesn't need my defence anyways so rail away.

BTW ..... The only ones that God murdered are those that thumbed their noses at him in disobedience.

He uses a Christian concept to judge The Being Who doesn't exist. Yo the casual observer he appears irrational.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B2

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
So kill yourself. Personally, I'm going to wait awhile.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Starman

Even though they were grounded after 5 months, the ark was partially afloat for months longer.

Grounded but partially afloat for much longer?....Genesis 8 does not say that.

..the 1st land appeared in the 10th month and it was at least another month after that
before they could get out.

Genesis does not say they couldn't physically get out...rather Noah was not permitted to disembark until
all flood waters had receded and the whole earth was dry and had permission from God.....ie;
only when things were all back to complete normal.

Genesis 8:13-16
.And it came to pass in the six hundredth and first year, in the first month, the first day of the month,
the waters were dried up from off the earth:....and, behold, the face of the ground was dry.
14 And in the second month, on the seven and twentieth day of the month, was the earth dried.
15 And God spake unto Noah, saying,
16 Go forth of the ark, thou, and thy wife, and thy sons, and thy sons' wives with thee.

Waiting for ALL flood waters to be dried up from the earth doesn't have to mean the Ark was not
already properly dry grounded for months already.
God had shut the door from the outside. There's no mention of an inside door knob.
Gen 8:16 The animals going in were male and female of every living thing, as God had commanded Noah. Then the LORD shut him in.

They didn't come out until God told them to. Presumably, God had to open the door since he had closed it from the outside.
Gen 8:16 "Come out of the ark, you and your wife and your sons and their wives.
17 Bring out every kind of living creature that is with you— the birds, the animals, and all the creatures that move along the ground—so they can multiply on the earth and be fruitful and increase in number upon it."

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
So, did they hire a Chef? and who was in charge of feeding the animals? Where the heck did they store a years worth of animal(s) food?

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
WOW! +P+

I need to be selling some of you folks some bridges, or ocean front property in Minnesota...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
And this part gets missed many times..........................................................

2 Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female.

3 Of fowls also of the air by sevens, the male and the female; to keep seed alive upon the face of all the earth.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by K22
And this part gets missed many times..........................................................

2 Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female.

3 Of fowls also of the air by sevens, the male and the female; to keep seed alive upon the face of all the earth.

When I was a kid, my older brother's best friend was an Orthodox Jew studying to become a rabbi. My brother wanted to trip him up on Bible trivia, so he said to him, "I've got something that will stump you ... how many pairs of every clean animal did Moses bring on the Ark?" My brother's friend jumped at the chance to display his thorough knowledge of the fine points of the Torah, and proudly declared that the correct answer was seven. My bother then responded, "Wrong! Moses didn't bring any animals on the Ark." LOL grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by UPhiker
So kill yourself. Personally, I'm going to wait awhile.

No need to rush it.We will all get our turn.

Hebrews 9:27 (KJV) " And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:"

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by K22

When I was a kid, my older brother's best friend was an Orthodox Jew studying to become a rabbi. My brother wanted to trip him up on Bible trivia, so he said to him, "I've got something that will stump you ... how many pairs of every clean animal did Moses bring on the Ark?" My brother's friend jumped at the chance to display his thorough knowledge of the fine points of the Torah, and proudly declared that the correct answer was seven. My bother then responded, "Wrong! Moses didn't bring any animals on the Ark." LOL grin

grin grin

I always figured they gave us that song about Noah and the animals 2x2 to misdirect us. If not, then why didn't it mention some 2x2 and some 7x7?
Must be the case of, if you repeat a lie over and over, ect..................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Starman
I have heard Christians often say Noah was mocked and ridiculed when building the ark, but I cannot find
any scripture to support such claim.

You're right, it says nothing about Noah being mocked for building the arc. One can only assume that was the case as rain was not seen prior to the flood so why would someone build such a large vessel?

Another point about Noah that is commonly tossed out is that he preached to the masses prior to the flood warning the world of the coming event. This point cannot be found as well.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Real nice guy, your God....murdering EVERYONE.

You made the claim.

Lets here you defend it.

I guess you missed the quotes about the flood drowning everyone, and everything that was not on the arc?

Nope ... I didn't miss that. I've read it several times.

What you missed was the the whole world was warned of what was going to happen. They mocked God and ignored those warnings. We all deserve to die for our disobedience.

So if your son brings your car home late you should kill him, or make a torture chamber in your basement and burn him forever, and then everyone else in your town?

Lets take this a step further. How about putting a marshmallow in front of 4 year old, who doesn't know the difference between right and wrong, good and evil, and tell her not to eat it. If she does, then punish everyone for ever for her "original sin".

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

So if your son brings your car home late you should kill him, or make a torture chamber in your basement and burn him forever, and then everyone else in your town?

Lets take this a step further. How about putting a marshmallow in front of 4 year old, who doesn't know the difference between right and wrong, good and evil, and tell her not to eat it. If she does, then punish everyone for ever for her "original sin".

Why ask more questions when your gross ignorance and complete bias against the subject is glaringly apparent? You have no idea whatsoever what you are talking about and are not willing in any way to have a reasonable discussion.

I will not be trolled further with your diatribe.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
just to throw a monkey wrench into the discussion for jaguarman and others benefit:

maybe the physical ark was an "allegory," that is, the best the scribes of the time could do?

maybe the space aliens, the extraterrestrials, the original settlers lifted all the viable dna off the earth?

later, after the cleansing, that is, getting rid of the space alien hybrids that had polluted the human species

the aliens downloaded the human dna, and the animals, birds, reptiles, etc. to a rejuvenated earth and a re-do?

ancient humans recording history did the best they could do with the information that had available to them.

a great cloud of fire coming down on the mtn above moses?

a burning bush talking to moses as he prayed?

the Ark held a nuclear device?

we haven't scratched the surface?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Why ask more questions when your gross ignorance and complete bias against the subject is glaringly apparent? You have no idea whatsoever what you are talking about and are not willing in any way to have a reasonable discussion.

I will not be trolled further with your diatribe.

Of course not. That's because I just revealed the inherant immorality of your foundational myths.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Starman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Gen 8:16 The animals going in were male and female of every living thing, as God had commanded Noah.
Then the LORD shut him in.

Some Bibles say God shut him in... and some say God simply closed the entrance behind him.
no Bible I can find says Noah was completely 'locked' in.

http://biblehub.com/genesis/7-16.htm

Surely there were some access/service doors to allow all the animal and human waste to be ejected overboard
over so many months....God is still a common sense practical God.

and below we see Noah was able to gain access to the outside world by opening some part of the ark himself....
i have not read anywhere in scripture that God unlocked [or was required to unlock] the ark for him.

Genesis 8:13
"And it came to pass in the six hundredth and first year, in the first month, the first day of the month, the waters were dried up
from off the earth: and Noah removed the covering of the ark, and looked, and, behold, the face of the ground was dry."

back to earlier post...

like all the 8:4 references in this link: http://biblehub.com/genesis/8-4.htm ....KJV also uses the word rest;

Genesis 8:4 "And the ark rested in the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of the month, upon the mountains of Ararat."

[Rest in the dictionary] means to; cease movement , be motionless, to stay in a specific position, free of disturbance, etc
when you bury people you lay them to rest...when a ship sinks to the ocean floor , its said to to 'come to rest' on the ocean floor.

and my first hand experience in ships tells me a ship at rest is a ship thats not floating or bobbing around like a cork.
When we put vessels into dry dock, they came to rest motionless on stands as the water was pumped out,
Even when some water was still lapping part of the hull, the vessels were already still-motionless, because there was no longer
enough water to make the hull buoyant in anyway.

8;4 is the only place God mentions the ark coming to rest, by that I reasonably gather that is the time the hull became unaffected
by the waters....I cannot find scriptural evidence to suggest the hull kept floating around for months more after coming to rest
on the mountain.

Starman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by K22
So, did they hire a Chef? and who was in charge of feeding the animals? Where the heck did they store a years worth of animal(s) food?

For all the carnivores onboard, did Noah butcher other creatures for them,?...or just feed live animals to them..?

either way , he must have had a large store of 'food source' live animals aboard to cover a 12 month period.
But Bible doesn't talk about them, or how he got them.

Some Christians rattle off that Noah had a store of dried/salted meat...or fed them all a vegetarian diet.

how one would get T-Rex and his meat eating lizard cousins and the likes of sabre-tooth tigers to live off such
I do wonder...

Originally Posted by K22

2 Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two,
the male and his female.

I think the 'clean' creatures were the ones suitable for human consumption and sacrifice....
.....Noah also lived before the giving of the Law, anyones guess how Noah knew which animals were clean vs unclean.

Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

316 members (10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 17CalFan, 17Fan, 1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 33 invisible), 2,126 guests, and 1,083 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,744
Posts18,495,162
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.