Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Tom264
And that’s perfectly fine.
I just didn’t want to offend anybody and was thinking I was being goaded into a fight.
Like I said just read the Bible and if it is His will everything will be revealed to you.
I guess if anything maybe my post will get some to searching the scriptures, can’t go wrong with that can I?

Thanks again. As I said, I enjoy the challenge of different ways of looking at things. That is a good way to learn.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gregintenn

I can shoot holes in the video in the original post, however. My bible makes no mention I can find of a green horse
for example.

Various English bibles do not translate the Greek in the precise or exact same way for Rev. 6:8

http://biblehub.com/greek/5515.htm

Original Greek Word: χλωρός, ά, όν

Transliterated: chlóros

Short Definition: green, pale
Definition: green, pale green.

In other parts of scripture, (Genesis 1:30, Revelation 8:7, Revelation 9:4, Mark 6:39)
chlóros is translated into green...yet books that do that, may only bother to translate to 'pale' for Rev., 6:8

Here you can see books which use 'pale'(ashen) vs 'pale green'
http://biblehub.com/revelation/6-8.htm

Originally Posted by curdog4570
Am I the only one wondering how “pale horse” - and I’ve seen pale horses - becomes “ green horse “ - which I’ve never seen...

How many yrs have you been studying Bible?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't think anyone is going to decypher the Book of Revelations. By so doing would make one as intellegent as the Creator and I for one don't think thats possible.

Just food for deep thinkers!

😀

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Corpses..... "The first visual sign of decomposition is a greenish discoloration of the lower quadrants of the abdomen,
followed by greenish discoloration of the head, neck, and shoulders. Next, the accumulation of gases inside the body cavity
makes the abdomen extend, giving the cadaver a bloated appearance. Soon after, fluids start seeping out of orifices such as the mouth,
nose, and anus. When blood vessels hemolyse in a reaction of hemoglobin with hydrogen sulfice, it produces a marbled appearance
on the skin. By this time, the body is a pale green to green-black color."

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Another take on the four horsemen, excerpted from something I wrote up a couple years ago.

Isn’t the current political climate in America and the world simply bizarre? What is going on, and how did we get to a place where PC considerations and worldwide turmoil have accelerated in tandem? The more inclusive our Western culture is demanded to be, the less peace and agreement we see. Rancorous describes us today, does it not? Even within Christianity, Philip Yancey says we have now exceeded 34,000 denominations worldwide, with well over 2000 in America alone.
Here’s what I want to share, for whatever it might be worth to you, personally. (I accept that many are turned off and/or simply not interested in religious things. Me neither, but what I am interested in is what God has to say about what is true.) No matter what your church background -- mine’s interdenominational and international -- two questions demand a modern times answer. In the Bible, where, oh where do I find either America or Islam? [And, what does that mean for Israel and/or the church?]
Outside a few obscure references such as in Isaiah to “islands of the sea”, “western coastlands” and their inhabitants, it’s hard to assign America or England’s identity in scripture unless somehow associated with friendship to Israel. Yet, both Great Britain and America have figured prominently in current events, particularly the gospel’s spread. Replacement theology lays claim to being, instead of modern Israel, the true Israel or “Israel of God.” (On many levels, I cannot accept that as what God has been saying.)
Of greater difficulty, has been understanding Islam. Where do we find Mohammed’s religion in the Bible? Greater even than the influence of democracy and freedom spreading from Europe to the Americas and beyond, submission to Islam has dominated more of the world, increasing every day now with the resumption of caliphate dreams. Can the Holy Spirit have been entirely silent about this? (Read on.)
Jesus certainly treated Satan as real, and New Testament accounts throughout do as well. Rabbinic tradition and teachings from the Old Testament, outside Genesis, are more obscure. However, from Ezekiel 28 and Isaiah 14 we are taught the prophecy in each book suddenly leaves off addressing the king, switching to the controlling spirit behind. (Daniel’s account also sheds light on this spiritual battle aspect.) Specifically, in these two passages (as well as two stories in Job and Genesis), only one spiritual being has contested God’s right to rule. Satan. In our world, only one monotheistic religion demands allegiance and absolute worship in place of the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. One. If Allah isn’t Satan, isn’t he functioning in the same capacity?

Owing to expanded cable service and boredom, I landed one day on a program explaining a new understanding of something that’s been in scripture, like forever! You need to consult Revelation 6:1-8 and Zechariah 6:1-8 for reference, but here’s the gist. Four horses of specific color with respective riders appear on John’s prophetic panorama. Four chariots having similarly colored spirits are described to Zechariah in his previous vision, indicating what direction with respect to Israel they are sent by God. (By exclusion, the red one goes to the east. Also, note the southerly spirit is “dappled”, and I picture that as grey-and-white like the harnessed pair in Black Beauty.) Balking at the literal translation of the fourth horse’s color in Revelation, translators of the Authorized (King James) Version selected the word “pale”, perhaps influenced by the description in Zechariah. That word, “chloros”, in Revelation 6 is used two other times in the New Testament for the color of grass. My New Living Translation uses the correct rendering (pale green). So, what? Ask yourself, what is the favorite color in Islam, and what color can one find in the flags of nations adhering to Islam today?
What this tells us, or at least me in particular, is that the four horsemen of the apocalypse have been running for a very long time. What we see in Revelation is that they begin running TOGETHER, including the pale green one. The chloros horse.
Four main belief systems dominate today’s scene. On the world stage, we find a horse whose identifying color is white, the Pope’s color. His rider has a bow, but no arrows. Power is given to him, but not militarily. Roman Catholicism has had influence towards the west of Israel, including Western culture for quite some time.
A red horse follows, the color dear to communist belief system holders, and millions have died by the large red sword continuing today in North Korea, China, etc.
To Israel’s north, a black horse with scales-holding rider commands commerce and business that also destroys. Countries in Europe north of Israel, run by people of vast wealth, have financed Europe’s wars from the czars to Stalin and Hitler, continuing to this day to benefit from arms sales. And, oil is often black.
Directly south, a culture of death holds sway over one-fourth the earth’s population. The green horse has a rider named “Death” and Hell follows close behind. Famine and plague follow the sword, the wild beasts coming afterward. (Incidentally, with world wildlife increasingly threatened by both plow and pollution, not the hunting industry, what’s left to clean up this kind of mess? Vultures are also threatened these days. Consider this. What animals despised by Muslims have the capacity to multiply and take over from the scavenging wildlife that is in demise? Dogs and hogs.) With a pause between 1924, when Attaturk secularized the caliphate based in Turkey, resuming less than a hundred years later, Islam has put 270 million people to the sword.

IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Originally Posted by rost495
Revelation is always open to interpretation to me. One of these days we'll find out whose ideas were/are correct.

Till then its not a big deal at all. We don't control it, its coming, and it'll happen when its all supposed to. We literally are all along for the ride.

Agreed. One can make Revelation mean anything they want, and apparently everyone trying to make a name for themselves have. They have done the same with the Book of Daniel. Everyone with a Bible under their arm seems to be taking bets on the end times and performing great acrobatics to show how they are right. Pssst...........They don't know. Even the Son of God didn't/doesn't know .

Not so. Only the Father knows the EXACT DAY AND HOUR. He has given us the signs in the Bible that will mark the Approximate time of Christs retun TO Earth for the mellinium rule, not the rapture where He comes in the clouds.

Last edited by jaguartx; 07/15/18.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rapture doctrine is a 20th c heretical construct.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tom264
The scriptures (especially Revelations) are so deep that it would take a seriously long time in giving examples and backing up with other scriptures that I am not qualified or have the knowledge to do.
If you guys are serious and are not wanting argument than ok here what has been revealed to me.
Read Revelations and keep this in mind.
What religion has all the power?
What religion has killed millions?
What religion has all the money?
What religion changes what the Bible has written in its lids with dogmas?
But yet what religion is the most popular and from the human perspective looks innocent and holy?
A dragon in sheeps clothing.

The Catholic Church.

Agreed.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
John spoke Greek. If John was given a vision and faithfully reported what he saw, without necessarily understanding it all, then this is something to consider:

Last edited by JoeBob; 07/15/18.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
In the future I do not worry about the Muslims. They're always too busy fighting amongst themselves to accomplish much worldwide. I fear the Vatican.

IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by agazain
Another take on the four horsemen, excerpted from something I wrote up a couple years ago.

Isn’t the current political climate in America and the world simply bizarre? What is going on, and how did we get to a place where PC considerations and worldwide turmoil have accelerated in tandem? The more inclusive our Western culture is demanded to be, the less peace and agreement we see. Rancorous describes us today, does it not? Even within Christianity, Philip Yancey says we have now exceeded 34,000 denominations worldwide, with well over 2000 in America alone.
Here’s what I want to share, for whatever it might be worth to you, personally. (I accept that many are turned off and/or simply not interested in religious things. Me neither, but what I am interested in is what God has to say about what is true.) No matter what your church background -- mine’s interdenominational and international -- two questions demand a modern times answer. In the Bible, where, oh where do I find either America or Islam? [And, what does that mean for Israel and/or the church?]
Outside a few obscure references such as in Isaiah to “islands of the sea”, “western coastlands” and their inhabitants, it’s hard to assign America or England’s identity in scripture unless somehow associated with friendship to Israel. Yet, both Great Britain and America have figured prominently in current events, particularly the gospel’s spread. Replacement theology lays claim to being, instead of modern Israel, the true Israel or “Israel of God.” (On many levels, I cannot accept that as what God has been saying.)
Of greater difficulty, has been understanding Islam. Where do we find Mohammed’s religion in the Bible? Greater even than the influence of democracy and freedom spreading from Europe to the Americas and beyond, submission to Islam has dominated more of the world, increasing every day now with the resumption of caliphate dreams. Can the Holy Spirit have been entirely silent about this? (Read on.)
Jesus certainly treated Satan as real, and New Testament accounts throughout do as well. Rabbinic tradition and teachings from the Old Testament, outside Genesis, are more obscure. However, from Ezekiel 28 and Isaiah 14 we are taught the prophecy in each book suddenly leaves off addressing the king, switching to the controlling spirit behind. (Daniel’s account also sheds light on this spiritual battle aspect.) Specifically, in these two passages (as well as two stories in Job and Genesis), only one spiritual being has contested God’s right to rule. Satan. In our world, only one monotheistic religion demands allegiance and absolute worship in place of the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. One. If Allah isn’t Satan, isn’t he functioning in the same capacity?

Owing to expanded cable service and boredom, I landed one day on a program explaining a new understanding of something that’s been in scripture, like forever! You need to consult Revelation 6:1-8 and Zechariah 6:1-8 for reference, but here’s the gist. Four horses of specific color with respective riders appear on John’s prophetic panorama. Four chariots having similarly colored spirits are described to Zechariah in his previous vision, indicating what direction with respect to Israel they are sent by God. (By exclusion, the red one goes to the east. Also, note the southerly spirit is “dappled”, and I picture that as grey-and-white like the harnessed pair in Black Beauty.) Balking at the literal translation of the fourth horse’s color in Revelation, translators of the Authorized (King James) Version selected the word “pale”, perhaps influenced by the description in Zechariah. That word, “chloros”, in Revelation 6 is used two other times in the New Testament for the color of grass. My New Living Translation uses the correct rendering (pale green). So, what? Ask yourself, what is the favorite color in Islam, and what color can one find in the flags of nations adhering to Islam today?
What this tells us, or at least me in particular, is that the four horsemen of the apocalypse have been running for a very long time. What we see in Revelation is that they begin running TOGETHER, including the pale green one. The chloros horse.
Four main belief systems dominate today’s scene. On the world stage, we find a horse whose identifying color is white, the Pope’s color. His rider has a bow, but no arrows. Power is given to him, but not militarily. Roman Catholicism has had influence towards the west of Israel, including Western culture for quite some time.
A red horse follows, the color dear to communist belief system holders, and millions have died by the large red sword continuing today in North Korea, China, etc.
To Israel’s north, a black horse with scales-holding rider commands commerce and business that also destroys. Countries in Europe north of Israel, run by people of vast wealth, have financed Europe’s wars from the czars to Stalin and Hitler, continuing to this day to benefit from arms sales. And, oil is often black.
Directly south, a culture of death holds sway over one-fourth the earth’s population. The green horse has a rider named “Death” and Hell follows close behind. Famine and plague follow the sword, the wild beasts coming afterward. (Incidentally, with world wildlife increasingly threatened by both plow and pollution, not the hunting industry, what’s left to clean up this kind of mess? Vultures are also threatened these days. Consider this. What animals despised by Muslims have the capacity to multiply and take over from the scavenging wildlife that is in demise? Dogs and hogs.) With a pause between 1924, when Attaturk secularized the caliphate based in Turkey, resuming less than a hundred years later, Islam has put 270 million people to the sword.

Great post. Thanks for sharing that.

I Dindo Nuffin
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G

That is a very interesting and well thought out interpretation to consider. Thanks for posting it.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I don’t think the Anti-Christ will rule the whole world like it says in Revelations. Or more accurately, I don’t think we understand it correctly.

The Bible is centered around the Middle East and the Mediterranean. Many maps up through the late Middle Ages showed Jerusalem at the center of the world. The Bible said Nebuchadnezzar was the king of th whole world, yet we know that clearly he wasn’t. There were great civilizations in India and China not to mention the rest of the world. But he did rule the world almost from Greece to India and Egypt to Armenia. The same could be said of Cyrus and Alexander. And later the Romans rule much of that territory. Prophecy seems to be centered on that region and I think that the Anti-Christ will rule it.

Lately, there was an empire that ruled it until 1922 when its head, the sultan in Instanbul was removed, and it died. It’s corpse was split among France and England and the rump state of secular Turkey took its place. But Erdogan shows signs of reviving it and it could easily, along with Iran control the entire region againand the caliphate could literally be reborn. And if you are European centric in your prophecy, it isn’t as far fetch as it was just ten years ago that much of Europe could be part of the caliphate or at least very deferential to it given their huge internal populations of Muslims.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
jaguartx

That is a fantastic presentation, well thought out. I know it doesn't fit most denominational views, but it's time for clarity.

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by JoeBob
I don’t think the Anti-Christ will rule the whole world like it says in Revelations. Or more accurately, I don’t think we understand it correctly.

The Bible is centered around the Middle East and the Mediterranean. Many maps up through the late Middle Ages showed Jerusalem at the center of the world. The Bible said Nebuchadnezzar was the king of th whole world, yet we know that clearly he wasn’t. There were great civilizations in India and China not to mention the rest of the world. But he did rule the world almost from Greece to India and Egypt to Armenia. The same could be said of Cyrus and Alexander. And later the Romans rule much of that territory. Prophecy seems to be centered on that region and I think that the Anti-Christ will rule it.

Lately, there was an empire that ruled it until 1922 when its head, the sultan in Instanbul was removed, and it died. It’s corpse was split among France and England and the rump state of secular Turkey took its place. But Erdogan shows signs of reviving it and it could easily, along with Iran control the entire region againand the caliphate could literally be reborn. And if you are European centric in your prophecy, it isn’t as far fetch as it was just ten years ago that much of Europe could be part of the caliphate or at least very deferential to it given their huge internal populations of Muslims.

True. New findings show Turkey and not Russia is Gog or Maygog. Darn, cant remember.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
jaguartx

That is a fantastic presentation, well thought out. I know it doesn't fit most denominational views, but it's time for clarity.

Im not sure the video i posted and your revelation arent both correct, along with possibly other interpretations. You should present yours to some scholars of your church/denomination.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
See this, JB.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
The previous head of the moslem caliphate was Turkey.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by jaguartx
The previous head of the moslem caliphate was Turkey.

I haven’t watched that yet, but Turkey IS ROME. The Roman Empire survived in Constantinople until 1453. The Turks considered it to be Roman and they considered themselves to be conquering Rome. They also considered themselves to be the rightful heirs of the Roman Empire. And what’s more, many of the aristocratic families in Constantinople converted, intermarried, and became prominent in Turkish affairs.

Last edited by JoeBob; 07/15/18.
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
All right, JB. I didnt know that. Thanks

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 61 invisible), 2,504 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,593
Posts18,492,171
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.