Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
How about the bombing of Syrian Chemical Storage aka Test of the Russian more smile defense system? Did a nice job demonstrating to our Allies that there was not much to fear with their propaganda on shooting down every missile. I think all hit or 98% something like that. That gives the Allies and Fence Sitters something tangible to think about.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
As usual Hatari has another excellent post. I’m under 50 and remember Reagan and Star Wars quite well but politics always interested me.

Thanks for another great post. 👍

Remember the lieberals and progressive dumb fughks like gayghost back then saying Reagan was nuts. Star Wars was a derogatory term. They said it would never work. They said you cant shoot down a missile with another missle. Freaking quueerr weeping numb nut nannies.

Well, it works.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by hatari
What a beautiful feature!

*** You are ignoring this user ***

Amen

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Not understanding the under 50 comment. Seems to be Gen X and younger that support the president the most.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Reagan other than his speech and supposed challenge had little to do with the collapse of the Soviet Union, In fact he wasn't even President at the time... also a lot of what later has been credited to Reagan was actually Bush Sr., that being aside it was wholly Gorbachev's policies and those results that brought about the dissolving of the Soviet Republics. Star-Wars was a total failure at the time and for many years after though it did result in quite a few technological breakthroughs far down the line... but by then Regan, Gorbachev and the Soviet Union were long gone and had nothing to do with the Soviet dissolvement and/or the collapse of the wall, which was I believe 9 Nov, 1989 nearly a year after Reagan leaving office

Your post is pure BS!

Phil

Youre a dumbassed liar. You werent worried when zero gave his bend us over message to Vlad. Rmember, re election tampering. Zero to Putin to "Stoppit". Ha. Scared Vlad, huh.
Then Zero gave them the Crimea.

You havent the brains to believe what you see. You trust the msm to give it to you straight. They are, right in your ass. They have gotten you to support everything detrimental to this country. Remember, our diversity makes us stronger, not being united.

Go tell that to China.
Reagan other than his speech and supposed challenge had little to do with the collapse of the Soviet Union, In fact he wasn't even President at the time... also a lot of what later has been credited to Reagan was actually Bush Sr., that being aside it was wholly Gorbachev's policies and those results that brought about the dissolving of the Soviet Republics. Star-Wars was a total failure at the time and for many years after though it did result in quite a few technological breakthroughs far down the line... but by then Regan, Gorbachev and the Soviet Union were long gone and had nothing to do with the Soviet dissolvement and/or the collapse of the wall, which was I believe 9 Nov, 1989 nearly a year after Reagan leaving office

Your post is pure BS!

Phil

You think the Dr is stupid or a liar? Id like to know what you do for a living.

His dreams are apparently more intelligent than you grandest schemes. When are you going to tell us how open borders and muzzie immigration are going to help us. You havent an iq high enough to support your position. You just know its best because the msm is so much smarter than you and they say it is. Your too stupid to believe the truth when you hear it.

What do you do for a living, besides swallow BS? Why dont you go to Japan or Saudi Arabia and tell them they should try open borders and muzzie immigration?

Oh, try to ask a kid to make your response something more intelligent than, "your post is BS".

Last edited by jaguartx; 07/17/18.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Are you people that politically stupid?

They are very diversified. They don't limit it to politics.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I can respond to Eastern European partners in NATO (USA). Latvia, Estonia, Poland, Romania,..... are to USA (NATO) what Poland and Greece were to Great Britain in late 30s. Poland was thrown by Britain under dump truck driven by Hitler loaded by Stalin (in the Battle of Britain German bombers carried Soviet fuel in their tanks) while Greece was thrown under dump truck by British that was being driven by Hitler and leaded by Mussolini. In oder to keep influence in Europe the USA needs to keep two key allies apart Germany (the so called EU) and Russia. The issue of supplying gas is part of that attempt at separation. The goal is obvious to have Russia join USA against China while keeping USA relevant in Europe at minimum cost.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Slavek
I Poland was thrown by Britain under dump truck driven by Hitler loaded by Stalin (in the Battle of Britain German bombers carried Soviet fuel in their tanks) while Greece was thrown under dump truck by British that was being driven by Hitler and leaded by Mussolini.

Really? The Brits went to war over Poland and invested (and lost) considerable men and materiel in the defense of Greece. Your dumphuctitude is impressive...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Not understanding the under 50 comment. Seems to be Gen X and younger that support the president the most.

The under 50 crowd wasn't really at an age where they could either understand the Ragan years, or were not alive then. I have know reason to to criticize them for not remembering those events.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The 3 "superpowers".............USA, Russia, China......we helped them both in WW2. We helped the Soviets fight the Germans, and helped China fight the Japs. Five years after WW2 ended, we fought against both of them in Korea. How soon they forgot!!

Neither will ever be our ally, in the sense of the word that Britain or Canada has been, and it's somewhat ludicrous for us to ever think so. We'll use them if we can, and they'll use us. That's just how the world works.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jorgeI
I Poland was thrown by Britain under dump truck driven by Hitler loaded by Stalin (in the Battle of Britain German bombers carried Soviet fuel in their tanks) while Greece was thrown under dump truck by British that was being driven by Hitler and leaded by Mussolini.

Really? The Brits went to war over Poland and invested (and lost) considerable men and materiel in the defense of Greece. Your dumphuctitude is impressive...

No. They invested (and lost) considerable men and material to help save themselves. When they ran out of countries in Europe to do their fighting for them they turned to the United States. Sadly the Poles are making the same mistake today. If Russia ever moved West their people would be sacrificed in the fist wave and their country would become nuclear wasteland. This is something that should be avoided at all costs. Inviting NATO troops on their soil is as stupid as it would be for Mexico or Canada to invite Chinese forces to come over to protect them form the United States. Obviously this would have exactly opposite effect to what was intended.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Your post is pure BS!

Phil

You sir are at best delusional.....likely just a liberal dumba$$. Often it takes years for today’s policies to take full effect. Bush Sr......another “globalist” traitor to our Republic. How can a “supposed” military man, who swore an oath of allegiance to our Constitution be so “WRONG”? memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Your post is pure BS!

Phil

Often totally wrong, but never in doubt...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jorgeI

No. They invested (and lost) considerable men and material to help save themselves. When they ran out of countries in Europe to do their fighting for them they turned to the United States. Sadly the Poles are making the same mistake today. If Russia ever moved West their people would be sacrificed in the fist wave and their country would become nuclear wasteland. This is something that should be avoided at all costs. Inviting NATO troops on their soil is as stupid as it would be for Mexico or Canada to invite Chinese forces to come over to protect them form the United States. Obviously this would have exactly opposite effect to what was intended.

Please stop, on second thought, don't. It's fun watching a history retard embarrass himself...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Reagan other than his speech and supposed challenge had little to do with the collapse of the Soviet Union, In fact he wasn't even President at the time... also a lot of what later has been credited to Reagan was actually Bush Sr., that being aside it was wholly Gorbachev's policies and those results that brought about the dissolving of the Soviet Republics. Star-Wars was a total failure at the time and for many years after though it did result in quite a few technological breakthroughs far down the line... but by then Reagan, Gorbachev and the Soviet Union were long gone and had nothing to do with the Soviet dissolvement and/or the collapse of the wall, which was I believe 9 Nov, 1989 nearly a year after Reagan leaving office

Your post is pure BS!

Phil

No Phil, my post is quite accurate. Those were the events that bankrupted the Soviet Union. Your post is pure Leftist contrarianism.

As for your timeline, the events that happened under Reagan set the stage for the collapse of the USSR that occurred under GHWB. The Strategic Defense Initiative was a long term plan that is seeing its fruition now. The Patriot Missile Defense System is the outgrowth of it. It took NASA 8 years to go from Kennedy's speech to Man on the Moon, it wasn't Nixon who started the Space Program, it was Kennedy who gave the Man on the Moon Speech May 25th, 1961. What day did Neal Armstrong set foot on the moon? July 21, 1969.

It is indisputable that Reagan reignited the Arms Race in attempt to force the Soviets in massive military spending to keep up. It is indisputable that Soviets main source of income was the export of oil and NG and it is indisputable that Reagan got the Saudis to increase production to the point that it became economically impossible for the USSR to profitably export energy. Without a source of income, there was no longer a way for them to prop up the Iron Curtain satellites and run its own economy. Your hero Gorby was quite candid about this.

So go ahead, bash Trump all you want. The Leftists bashed Reagan, and he won. I'm sure my little revelation probably gives you indigestion because you know it is accurate.

Since you seem to have an inquiring mind, I'll walk you back in time.

Reagan sells F-15s to Saudis - http://articles.latimes.com/1987-05-22/news/mn-1210_1_saudi-arabia
Reagan Sells AWACS to Saudis - https://www.csmonitor.com/1981/0828/082847.html
Saudis up oil production in return - http://www.politifact.com/punditfac...ans-son-says-his-father-got-saudis-pump/

"Star Wars" was a huge part of the demise of the Soviet Union under Gorbachev (by the people who were part of it BTW) https://nationalsecurityforum.org/2013/03/22/reagans-star-wars-and-the-collapse-of-the-USSR/

Phil, I could go on, but why don't you just let it rest right here, you are in over your head with me. I know you hate Trump, I know you are a Leftist Progressive and I know you enjoy your role as one of the Campfire's domestic imbed trolls. So be it.

[Linked Image]

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Those pesky early days of WWII. With Great Britain and France also seeking permission for transit of troops thru Norway and Sweden to the relief of Finland to fight ,,,,,,,,

The Russkies!!

Well that combined anglo/franco task force did make it to Narvik, Norway instead! Nice port Narvik! Lots of fish oil and iron ore. There they at least Fought the Boche. Btw, one French unit, the 13eme Demi-Brigade de la Legion Entregere ( general composed of Red Spaniards and Jews) did push General Student and his merry band of Fallschrimjagers all the way to the Swedish frontier. But before Student could cross the border and become guest of the Swedish King, the Brits radioed the French and told them it was time to go home.

C’est la Anglaise !

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This is my thread.

That's pretty cute, especially with the title you gave it.

Brushbuster: "Is this thread about the dear heard or there Jeans?"
Plugger: "If you cant be safe at strip club in Detroit at 2am is anywhere safe?"
Deer are somewhere all the time
To report a post you disagree with, please push Alt + F4. Thank You.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Boy, that left a mark, Imbecile seems like an overreach for poor Gayghost at this time...

Last edited by jorgeI; 07/17/18.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

Do you now see what is going on? Some of you very same people that have wet dreams about Reagan can't see that Trump is using the Reagan playbook, one that was incredibly successful to pressure Putin and the USSR. Trump doesn't need to threaten Putin. Trump doesn't need to confront Putin. Trump doesn't need to "stand up to Putin" Trump has Putin by the balls. If the price of oil and NG drops below the price that Russia can produce it, they are out of business.

To be fair, Hillary might have been able to bankrupt them even quicker via required donations to the Clinton Foundation. wink

This is a bit of an oversimplification but, here's how I see the treatment NATO leaders vs. Putin over the last week.

NATO is kind of like family. For myself, I'm much more likely to be a lot more direct almost to the point of provocative with a family member than I am with say a neighbor.

Let's say that every time your brother/sister or very close friend visits, they bring a dog, the dog poops in your yard every time, but they never pick it up or make mention of it. Sooner or later, that's likely to elicit a fairly pointed message or heated discussion. Now, say there's someone who walks their dog past your home occasionally, and, occasionally, that dog craps in your yard and they don't always pick it up. That conversation is likely to start out quite differently and take a lot longer to escalate.

Last edited by horse1; 07/17/18.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Who's he callin stoopid?

I am MAGA.
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (007FJ, 204guy, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 160user, 61 invisible), 2,305 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,069
Posts18,482,577
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.