T

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
I don't think 80% would be a challenge for me.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I bet I can outshoot Peter Strzok, all he can shoot of is his mouth.

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Nope. Not in the Cop business and not at all interested in what they do.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I saw some tactical ball point pens the other day. But that’s probably more cia-ish.

Sorry to say I left them on the shelf.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
LOL. I've actually got a tactical ball point pen, put out by Smith & Wesson. I never carry it, though. Just bought it for kicks. If carried, it would in fact be a very useful weapon. Maybe I'll start carrying it in place of my Montblanc Meisterstuck.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
It sounds easier than what my grandfather did in the early 40's when he scored a perfect score on this and became one of the "Possible Club" members. I've got the original target he shot, the pistol he shot it with, the medal he got for it, and the congratulatory letter from J. Edgar Hoover to him for it. All with a revolver:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

My grandfather is on the right:

[Linked Image]

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Are back flips required, or are they bonus points.
A back flip into an incapacitating leg shot, so suspect can be interrogated, qualifies for "Special" agent.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
tag

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RyanTX
It sounds easier than what my grandfather did in the early 40's when he scored a perfect score on this and became one of the "Possible Club" members. I've got the original target he shot, the pistol he shot it with, the medal he got for it, and the congratulatory letter from J. Edgar Hoover to him for it. All with a revolver:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

My grandfather is on the right:

[Linked Image]

Now THAT is cool.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
]

That's impressive!

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

Real treasures and mementos you have there. That's awesome.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Are back flips required, or are they bonus points.
A back flip into an incapacitating leg shot, so suspect can be interrogated, qualifies for "Special" agent.

The bigger problem was the dumbass picking up the revolver with his finger inside the trigger guard.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Piece of cake....

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Thanks fellas. I used to bring him for "show and tell" at school when I was little. He'd fingerprint the kids and showed us how to pick the lock to the janitor closet, ha.

I've got some old pics of him doing firearms training for the Indiana State police and other pics of him doing exhibition shooting. He was a special agent from 1938 till 1965.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Thanks fellas. I used to bring him for "show and tell" at school when I was little. He'd fingerprint the kids and showed us how to pick the lock to the janitor closet, ha.

I've got some old pics of him doing firearms training for the Indiana State police and other pics of him doing exhibition shooting. He was a special agent from 1938 till 1965.

Did he carry a Colt Detective Special?

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Yep, this one here. He bought it the year he went into the FBI. I also have a bunch of Tommy gun stick mags and a drum, some of them still loaded that he had. Too bad he didn't still have that gun, ha. Also, his grandfather was a sheriff in Texas, and I have his 1887 Colt SAA as well.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by RyanTX; 07/19/18.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Yep, this one here. He bought it the year he went into the FBI. I also have a bunch of Tommy gun stick mags and a drum, some of them still loaded that he had. Too bad he didn't still have that gun, ha. Also, his grandfather was a sheriff in Texas, and I have his 1887 Colt SAA as well.

[Linked Image]

Very cool. I figured it would have been a Detective Special, based on the dates you provided.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Been a long time for me when I fired the FBI course in their training sessions for local law enforcement but I fired a possible in 1951 or 1952. My recollection was that at that time you first fired phase III, @ the 7 yard line. There was a break and you walked back to the 60 yard line for the remainder of the course. Best I recall it was 50 rounds of ammo in your weak side pocket, no speed loaders, and that it was broken down in 5 and 10 round strings. Also, the time frames were shorter from my recollection. I thought is was 3 minutes and 25 seconds, the 25 seconds for the quick draw and the balance for the rest of the course. We only fired the course a couple or 3 times during the training session and there was so much crammed into us that my recollection could be off. It was all fired with 38 caliber revolvers, no magnums nor semi autos. I don't recall any certificates being issued but that may have been only for the sessions at Quantico. We fired at La Tuna Correctional, a prison on the Texas-New Mexico border.

Used to be bobski, member since '01
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
my brother in law spent much of his years in the FBI as a firearms instructor. Quantico, Ft. Smith, NYC, Miami. He is one helluva shot, and continues to train and mentor shooters.

Sam......

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 67 invisible), 2,489 guests, and 1,338 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,446
Posts18,470,969
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.