-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I thought it was a good shoot, the attacker was not retreating any significant distance he was right there standing over the victim. His body language indicated that he pushed that man in full confidence that he held an overwhelming physical advantage. There was a very real possibility that he would have assaulted the man again had he tried to get up.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looked to me like he wasn't done until he saw the gun.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I think the only mistake the shooter made was not shooting him again, this was in Florida and they take pissing with old people serious.

The world is now short one more [bleep], and hopeful his kid will always remember what happens when you hurt people, what a dumbass, a dead dumbass!

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Hope the old man walks, that punk needed to be shot for shoving old folk down, way past time that prick learned some manners, not sad his best learned lesson will be his last.

Trump Won!
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by jimy
I think the only mistake the shooter made was not shooting him again, this was in Florida and they take pissing with old people serious.

The world is now short one more [bleep], and hopeful his kid will always remember what happens when you hurt people, what a dumbass, a dead dumbass!

The shooter is 47, I don't consider that OLD PEOPLE territory.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by gunner500
Hope the old man walks, that punk needed to be shot for shoving old folk down, way past time that prick learned some manners, not sad his best learned lesson will be his last.

The guy that got shoved is 47.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Well he was twice as old as the assclown that assaulted him. And he didn't appear to to be a picture of health, but he was smart enough to protect himself.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by gunner500

The guy that got shoved is 47.

LOL, well, he sure hit the ground like an old dude, zero balance recovery.

Trump Won!
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I'm wondering how far some of you are willing to let a looney go reaming out your wife before he gets a good shove?? Fugger didn't need a handicap place so what was he up to?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Good shoot, this country needs fewer McGlocktons.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by readonly
I'm wondering how far some of you are willing to let a looney go reaming out your wife before he gets a good shove??

You can teach your wife to stand up for herself.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by readonly
I'm wondering how far some of you are willing to let a looney go reaming out your wife before he gets a good shove?? Fugger didn't need a handicap place so what was he up to?

He was doing us a public service, ridding the world of an idiot, and doing it in splendid fashion I might add, the tough guy must have thought being stupid qualified him as being handicapped , it didn't .

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
The way it has been explained to me by a member of SWAT of Memphis, is that anyone over the age of 60 that gets assaulted by someone younger and in excellent health, and feels that their life is in danger, may use deadly force to prevent additional injury. I asked the question because one of our customers had said they were going to come around the counter in our restaurant and kill me. I told him I had a gun on me and would shoot him if he crossed a line in the floor or reached for a weapon. He started to come and I pulled the gun and ordered him to stop. He did just before I had to shoot him. I had already pushed the panic button, that all restaurants have, and right after he ran out of the restaurant, it filled with police. They viewed the tapes and said I would have been within my rights to shoot the guy. Also, we had a regular customer that is an assistant attorney general for the state and he also said the law is clear for people over 60 that feel endangered. That said, I am so happy that guy stopped. I would have hated killing someone over an argument over food.

At 47, unless he was disabled, he may not be able to assert that claim.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Oldman03
I'm sure every state's 'stand your ground' law is different. In Louisiana, their is a clause that states, "Any person "who is in a place where he or she has a right," including a public space, does not have an obligation "to retreat" if faced with a real or perceived threat and "may stand his or her ground and meet force with force."

Since the fellow came from the store and shoved the man onto the ground, that is a real threat. If the man that was shot threatened the man while he was on the ground, that would be a perceived threat, especially since he had already used force. I think the shooting would be justified.

What I'm trying to say is that he used force and if (no sound) he threatened the man on the ground, that would be perceived threat and the man on the ground defended himself.

I dont agree with the man provoking people who parked in handicapped spaces..... that's a job for LEO's.

In some states, Stand Your Ground does not apply if a person "inserts themselves into an altercation", or in any way provoked the altercation. Not having watched the video, but just going off the comments of those who have, ti may apply. Regardless, I wouldn't want to be the person answering when the DA asks why I didn't just elect to walk a few more feet to mitigate the altercation, Stand Your Ground law or not.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

Well he was twice as old as the assclown that assaulted him. And he didn't appear to to be a picture of health, but he was smart enough to protect himself.

Again, math eludes you.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Young thug got what he was astin for.

Fück Joe byron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I see two dumb people in the video. The guy who got shoved was hanging around looking for a confrontation. The dumbchit who shoved him got one. All over a parking spot.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Stupid games/stupid prizes.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Looked to me like the attacker continued to advance on the victim until the gun was drawn. I think it's reasonable assumption he was going to assault him again. Probably verbal cues to the same.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

307 members (1OntarioJim, 10gaugemag, 1moredeer, 1badf350, 264mag, 17CalFan, 28 invisible), 1,341 guests, and 1,016 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,981
Posts18,519,963
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.