-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I use Sawyers also, works great and I'm in deer tick country...supposed to last 6 washes, I spray my clothes twice a season anyway.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The concentration varies a lot with brand. I had a bottle that was .5% for horses and cattle which was very effective, now have a couple at .05% for cats and dogs so will have to use more. It's not for use on children, I don't even apply it to my old skin.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
We buy Permethrin at the tractor supply store. Look for 10% fly spray stuff, think the last jug I got was Gordon's. About 14 bucks for 32 oz. I think. Mix it down at 2.5 oz. per gallon of water to a .5% solution, so about ten gallons worth. Soak shirts, shorts, pants, hats, and socks in it in buckets or big zip locks. Can put in pump sprayers and treat tents, tarps, cots,... whatever.

https://tickencounter.org/prevention/soak_method

https://www.sawyerdirect.net/FAQPermetherin

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I love chemicals that kill bugs and plants.
Big dope is basically nerve agent.
Turns NBC test paper reddish pink.

Last edited by renegade50; 07/22/18.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
You all should see slumlords rolling plant and bug assault vehicle set up when he is spraying.
Mad max vehicle from the Dow chemical plant .
laugh laugh laugh

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
used some Air Force issue stuff on my fishing trip to Canada. Sprayed windows and doors, hat and shirt. No bugs!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Last time I was in Zim (Binga) I washed the clothes before I left in Sawyers then sprayed more after about every third washing. Kept the ticks at bay. Not sure about the tsetses as we never saw any.

Carpe' Scrotum
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

I Used Deet 30% in Iraq as we had Sand Flies their. They bit like heck. They also carry
Leishmaniasis disease. Bad stuff, my unit had one case and they sent him to Walter Reed Hospital.
Might bring a themo cell and Bug spray. We used Off deep woods sportsmans 30% Deet or
Any Deet that's 30% should be ok.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GunTruck50

I Used Deet 30% in Iraq as we had Sand Flies their. They bit like heck. They also carry
Leishmaniasis disease. Bad stuff, my unit had one case and they sent him to Walter Reed Hospital.
Might bring a themo cell and Bug spray. We used Off deep woods sportsmans 30% Deet or
Any Deet that's 30% should be ok.

Screw Deet! Learn to use Permethrin. Deet wont kill ticks, Permethrin will. Lyme and co infections are a mthr f@>ker!!! You cant cure it no matter what some know it all prick says.

And no one, absolutely NO one, only gets Lyme. Problem is the patient only gets tested for Lyme, not Bartonella, Mycoplasma,Anaplasma, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Rickettsia, Babesia, etc etc, unless one of the co infections are the predominant cause of the symptoms.

When you get tested for Lyme, you get the standard Elisa test. Which fails to catch a schit ton of patients. If youre lucky to trigger an Elisa, then you go for a Western Blot. 9 times out of 10 they use a schit lab like Quest or Lab Corp. and you come up negative. IF youre lucky theyll send it to IGeneX.

At that point you can still show negative because the CDC requires you to have at least 5 bands positive to consider you having Lyme. HUGE f'in problem because if you didnt catch it before your immune system was compromised, your immune system wont be strong enough to create the antibodies required to trigger a positive response to most bands. If thats the case youre screwed. Theyll instantly label you Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia. If you have a good doc, he'll treat you for Lyme and co infections anyhow and try to boost your immune system to fight it off. Maybe then youll show positive on a Western Blot. Maybe.

If you get a schit doc he'll send ya for MS or ALS testing. Spinal taps are fun(sarcasm). Maybe theyll scan your brain and find lesions, not knowing(cause theyre all dumb MFers) that Lyme and certain co infections also cause lesions on the brain. So they start giving you MS drugs thinking you have MS and f%@k you up even worse.

Ah...use Deet. Phug it! Youll be just fine.

Last edited by pahick; 07/22/18.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

Checked my Deet supply from deployment, still have bottle from REI called Jungle juice 95% deet.
Friend of mine had a butcher shop got sick and was in hospital 2 times. First time couldn,t find out what was wrong
with him but anti biotics made him better. Went home got sick again went back to hospital, a doctor he knew saw him
their and asked him why he was in hospital, they still did not know. The Doc knew what his job was, and said did they
check you for Lyme disease? Tested him and sure enough that's what was wrong with him. This was about 10 years
ago now has heart problems from the Lyme disease and had to retire early.

IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

I think the Army issue bug spray was permethrin. Used to spray it all over every night I the air. I,m no Doc
Just did what they told me to. We were not told to spray our cloths in 2004 that I remember.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Checked my Deet supply from deployment, still have bottle from REI called Jungle juice 95% deet.
Friend of mine had a butcher shop got sick and was in hospital 2 times. First time couldn,t find out what was wrong
with him but anti biotics made him better. Went home got sick again went back to hospital, a doctor he knew saw him
their and asked him why he was in hospital, they still did not know. The Doc knew what his job was, and said did they
check you for Lyme disease? Tested him and sure enough that's what was wrong with him. This was about 10 years
ago now has heart problems from the Lyme disease and had to retire early.

How much you wanna bet it isnt Lyme, which would be Lyme Carditis? Most likely Bartonella or Babesia. Thats the problem with testing. Rarely do they test for co infections. Even if they just test for Lyme, the current tests wont catch the majority of Borrelia species. And new species are found every day.

I got sick in 2014. When the majority of docs looked at my medical records, they speculate ive had Lyme for over 14 yrs at this point. They cant tell how long ive had Bartonella. This schit isnt anything to play with. Believe me.

God bless your friend. Tip for ya, if he has the funds(isnt cheap) he may be able to turn his health around. One doc that can do it if its possible. Jemsek in DC.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

Thanks, Ill tell him. His health has not been very good since he was sick. Had
to sell butcher shop.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Thanks, Ill tell him. His health has not been very good since he was sick. Had
to sell butcher shop.

Sucks. If he isnt in financial shape for Jemsek(im talking upwards of $30k) then his best bet is first, check out japanese knotweed and cats claw tincture. Those will help stabilize his immune system and stop Lyme from spreading. Theres other herbs that can put him in remission but its best to find a Lyme literate doc trained under ILADS. I got a whole cupboard full of herbal tinctures, some fall under the Buhner protocol some were addon, but I credit them with getting me through until I had money to fund a good doc. Even after exhaustive treatment and losing everything I had financially, I still have issues. The damage is done. But...im here. Thats all that matters.

Hey, good night to ya. And good luck with your friend.

PS...sorry I hi jacked your threat Hatari.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Permethrin on the clothes and Picardin on exposed skin has been working great for me for years.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (10Glocks, 22250rem, 160user, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 68 invisible), 2,483 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,477
Posts18,489,976
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.